Goodbye Jesus

Soul Retrieval Without Going To Jesus?

Guest biscuit

Guest biscuit

Hi, if a person has in the past said that they would give or sell their soul to Satan in the past, how would they reverse it? 

I'm asking because traditionally it seems that a person would become a Christian and believe in Jesus and then people say that they experience being/feeling free. 

I realise that not everyone believes souls exist.

The whole "sell your soul" thing isn't in the Bible to begin with. It was derived from the occult concept of the "magician's bargain", a belief that to gain power from demons, you'd give up something of yourself: blood, health, something you valued. For some cultures, that can be as little as table scraps.

It is also partly based on the idea of the Greek/Roman concept of a ruler of the underworld with whom one could bargain. Biblically, Satan was never in charge of hell, nor was it inhabited by demons torturing lost souls. It was created for him and his demons to be tortured in eventually. The biblical idea is that Satan was kicked out of heaven and roams the Earth, or maybe he will be in the future. Jesus said he saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven (where he accused people of sin as in the book of Job).

The biblical view is that unbelieving souls are in the same boat as the devil and demons, and will be treated the same way by God, so the devil wouldn't profit from someone selling their soul to him. Even if it were a Christian, they'd basically be screwing themselves out of heaven, but the devil wouldn't benefit from it, as though he were collecting souls.

Guest Furball

According to the bible, your soul already belongs to the devil. That is why you have to be ransomed again through the sacrifice of christ. Remember that until someone is saved, their father is the devil according to jesus. 

As far as reversing it, i don't know. The bible also mentions those that were saved, but then sinned again, and were left with no further chance of getting saved a second time. If i were to guess, i would say that to reverse it would be to become a baptized christian, a born again believer.  

• Super Moderator

Hi, if a person has in the past said that they would give or sell their soul to Satan in the past, how would they reverse it? 

Spit on a silver coin and bury it at a crossroads at midnight under a full moon.

zDuivel7.gif

According to the bible, your soul already belongs to the devil. That is why you have to be ransomed again through the sacrifice of christ. Remember that until someone is saved, their father is the devil according to jesus. 

As far as reversing it, i don't know. The bible also mentions those that were saved, but then sinned again, and were left with no further chance of getting saved a second time. If i were to guess, i would say that to reverse it would be to become a baptized christian, a born again believer.  

Isn't there an equally compelling case to be made for the interpretation that xians are "once saved, always saved"?

I realise it's all bullshit anyway, but just sayin'.

Isn't there an equally compelling case to be made for the interpretation that xians are "once saved, always saved"?

There's the "no one can snatch them out of my hand" bit from Jesus. But then again, believers would say that anyone that went over to the dark side was in the group that thought they were believers but get the "Depart from me...I never knew you" line. There's a verse for everything.

• Like 1

Spit on a silver coin and bury it at a crossroads at midnight under a full moon.

zDuivel7.gif

ha! That's the best advice. Should work!

Guest Furball

Yes you are correct. As fuego said, there is a verse for everything. -Cat

To be honest, isn't the issue for us lot rather one of how to reverse selling your soul to Jesus?

• Like 1

If Jesus doesn't exist, or lacks the power to save you, why does Satan exist and why does he have power over your soul?

• Like 1