Goodbye Jesus

Thinking Of Coming Out? Think Again.

Fweethawt

• Super Moderator

"The best place to come out to your parents is at a home you own, over a dinner that you paid for yourself".

This is the best advice for dependent minors. Assert your independence when you're actually independent.

+1 to florduh. Applies anywhere revealing some piece of information may put you in a position to have to worry about your well-being.

• Like 1

I can relate to this. 

"The best place to come out to your parents is at a home you own, over a dinner that you paid for yourself".

This is the best advice for dependent minors. Assert your independence when you're actually independent.

Can confirm. I didnt come out till 6 months after living on my own. Not by choice, they forced the question on me. Still, it was in my home I paid for.

I will also say, I dont ever leave my keys unattended while at my parents place. They have just enough religious zealotry to make copies and do something stupid.

I will never be able to come out because I will never be financially independent from my a-parents.  I also would be at risk of violence since neither parent is mentally healthy