Goodbye Jesus

How Islam Infects

Fweethawt

^^ Well, they are nothing if not practical. ^^

Syrian gang rape victim who fled to Germany after her ordeal is stabbed to death 'in honour killing ordered by her own mother because she was seen as unclean after her sex assault' -- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3262990/Syrian-gang-rape-victim-fled-Germany-ordeal-stabbed-death-honour-killing-ordered-mother-seen-unclean-sex-assault.html#ixzz3nsYovSHf

I don't know what to think about the initial post you've written as I just don't know enough about it.

I do however struggle with the muslim community in our local area here in the city I live in the UK. There are many muslim friends and neighbours who are lovely and pose no concern or threat at all, but some of those in influential positions are more troubling. The real concern I've seen is that many true moderate and peaceful muslims appear to be pushed out of the muslim circles by those who are more influential and more extreme. I'm pretty certain the same can be said for many churches, but the trouble is that at the moment Islam is in a very different place in it's *journey* than Christianity is.

At the same time though I really dislike the islamophobia we see here in our country and the very clear xenophobia and racism that comes along with and fuels it. The extremists at either end just make the whole situation worse. troubling times for us in Europe just now.

The far right terrifies me as much as the islamic militants.

Shiekh says homosexual intercourse is permissible to widen the anus to store explosives for the purpose of terrorist attacks.

The headline sounds like an article for the "Onion"... but I'm sure it is true.

• 2 weeks later...

When we were xians, the bogeyman was the devil and the anti christ. In our political lives, its the republicans or the liberals. When we were growing up, it was the commies. Today, as atheists we still can't escape the bogeyman.

Hi Fweethawt, I am not sure how helpful these Islam threats are. Sure Islam is very silly, and violent, more so than Xianity. But...

As deconverting Cs and ex-C's it's very very easy for us to see the problem with other religions. The difficulty we have is in seeing the problem with Xianity and the Bible.

Another point is the main victims of Islam are Muslims.

Like us they also have to deal with the consequences of mental conditioning. I would think more sympathetic voices would be good, and also could give pointers to Muslims who visit this site.. I guess there may be many who quietly look at this and can learn some things to de convert themselves.

Cheers Adam

• 4 weeks later...
  • Super Moderator

I think this thread is chock-full of valuable information, especially now, in a time when we all need to be aware of what's going on in the world.

This is one of the more disturbing videos I've found. This video shows the depths they will go to in order to "recruit" children into their armies.

Was at my parents house yesterday. They are in their early 80's and avid Fauxers. My mom asked me how to end ISIS and the Islamic terrorists. I started explaining how it's an evolutionary thing and you just have to wait it out like the world did with Christianity several hundred years ago. Though personally I think Christianity is just not religiously overt like Islam and continues it's murderous crusade in veiled political guises. I went into some of the god enabled mass killings of the OT and they were shocked and offended that I drew parallels with Christianity and Islam.

Typical old white Americans

Was at my parents house yesterday. They are in their early 80's and avid Fauxers. My mom asked me how to end ISIS and the Islamic terrorists. I started explaining how it's an evolutionary thing and you just have to wait it out like the world did with Christianity several hundred years ago. Though personally I think Christianity is just not religiously overt like Islam and continues it's murderous crusade in veiled political guises. I went into some of the god enabled mass killings of the OT and they were shocked and offended that I drew parallels with Christianity and Islam.

Fauxers? What's that?

As for comparing Christianity and Islam: Christianity was way more violent a few centuries ago, that much is true, but I doubt it ever came close to Islam in that regard. The big difference between the Quran and the Bible, is that the former explicitly encourages violence, whereas the latter mainly describes it.

All that said: I've lived in a muslim majority country, and yeah, maybe I was sheltered from everyday reality, but the list presented in the beginning of this thread is exaggerated.

Fauxers? What's that?

People that religiously watch Fox (Faux) News

B83.gif

"This will get the smell of bacon out of your mouth, Achmed, but do it again and your head will roll!"

• Super Moderator

youtu.be/iv0agvY3jvo

This needs to go viral!   

ETA: It's also a look at what could happen in the US if the super-fundy christian equivalent (Dominionism/Reconstructionism) of the Muslim Brotherhood ever gets into control here.

This really saddens me to see what has happened in the world. Religion ruins everything.
  • Thanks 1