Goodbye Jesus

Deadbeat Jesus Refuses To Pay The Bill

mymistake

Jesus takes one of his daughters out to dinner and then refuses to pay the bill or bail her out when she goes to jail.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2015/07/15/woman-taken-to-jail-after-saying-jesus-would-pay-her-restaurant-bill/

The officer then asked Yates what she planned to do with the bill came, and Yates explained that “Jesus” was going to pay her tab.

She was taken to jail after that.

No word yet on whether Jesus is supposed to pay her bail, too.

Guest Furball

This has to be fake. No one can possibly be this delusional. If it's real, then maybe she should talk to someone while incarcerated.

Maybe it's me, but i keep seeing a link between christians and mental illness. 

It's not just you, but I'm not certain if it could be called a "link" so much as a fact that people with mental illnesses are drawn to or more easily enthralled by Christianity.

Although I do believe that Christianity can cause mental illness or, at minimum, symptoms that mimic mental illness, so I guess that would be a link.

It's not just you, but I'm not certain if it could be called a "link" so much as a fact that people with mental illnesses are drawn to or more easily enthralled by Christianity.

Although I do believe that Christianity can cause mental illness or, at minimum, symptoms that mimic mental illness, so I guess that would be a link.

I used to live next door to a Christian, who most assuredly had mental health issues.

This has to be fake. No one can possibly be this delusional. If it's real, then maybe she should talk to someone while incarcerated.

In his best Darth Vader voice: "You don't know the power of the dark side Jesus!" 

*crickets*

Jesus was not the deadbeat who refused to pay the bill.

Of course.  Jesus is the delusion filling the mind of the lady who got arrested.  Imaginary things can't pay

a bill.  Just like the Jesus in your mind will never do anything in the real world.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus is real, my friend.

You are storing up a world of pain for yourself. It is my duty to tell you this as a fellow human being and soul. The real you is not the body you inhabit. This world is not the reality. I know the Bible seems like a steaming pile of sh*te to you, but it is all true.

Best wishes,

Paul.

You are storing up a world of pain for yourself. It is my duty to tell you this as a fellow human being and soul. The real you is not the body you inhabit. This world is not the reality. I know the Bible seems like a steaming pile of sh*te to you, but it is all true.

Best wishes,

Paul.

With the exception of everything in the creation account, the flood, exodus, earths rotation stopping for a day without killing everything on earth, and a bunch of other tales that just couldn't possibly have happened. Yeah, besides all that, it's totes 100% true yo.

Also, threats of hell? Really? You know we don't actually believe in that anymore, right?

• Like 1

Best wishes,

Paul.

Oh, Jesus is real?  In that case surely there is objective evidence that you can point to.  Please share this

evidence so that I will know Jesus is real.

What is a soul?

When you say the Bible is all true do you mean the parts of the Bible that contradict other parts of the

Bible?  How exactly does that work when the Bible doesn't agree with itself?  I look forward to your

detailed and compelling explanation.

Just not in any way you can demonstrate.

Go on. Explain this revelation that others have failed to do.

Of course not.  Jesus was, at best, a mere human who died over 2,000 years ago.  Being dead, he would have no capability of pay that lady's bill.  Nor would he have an obligation to pay it even if he were living today, instead of in the past.  Yes, the woman that refused to pay the bill is the deadbeat.

Hello chaps,

The problem with closed-minds such as your is that it is difficult to get through to them. But understand, no-one will condemn you, you will condemn yourselves. You will go where most of you feel you belong. And judging by the level of sheer negativity on this forum, I would say that most of you are already there.

I would rather not get into a debate about the Bible at this point except to say that it is all absolutely 100 percent true. I have read lots of books and philosophies in my time, and have even tried to discredit the Bible myself. However, serious and prolonged study of it will show that it is an ingenious book which works on at least two levels. That when it touches on scientific matters it is incredibly accurate, and that it is not possible that Jesus Christ was a mere mortal: there are hidden messages in his philosophies which are completely missed by the majority of people and therefore proves the outer points he was making. I do not believe an ordinary human mind could achieve something like that. In fact, I know it wasn't an ordinary human mind that did it. I say this in all seriousness: you people are in for a shock.

Are you people completely stupid? You say that the Bible isn't the truth because it contradicts itself? Doesn't that prove it is true? If it were false, such inconveniences would have been airbrushed out, would they not?

And of course it contradicts itself. Jesus came to abolish the old laws.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Hello chaps,

The problem with closed-minds such as your is that it is difficult to get through to them. But understand, no-one will condemn you, you will condemn yourselves. You will go where most of you feel you belong. And judging by the level of sheer negativity on this forum, I would say that most of you are already there.

It looks to me that you are the one being negative.

I would rather not get into a debate about the Bible at this point except to say that it is all absolutely 100 percent true.

Yet another bold claim without a shred of supporting empirical evidence.  This is becoming a pattern.  

Perhaps you offer no evidence because you have none?

I have read lots of books and philosophies in my time, and have even tried to discredit the Bible myself. However, serious and prolonged study of it will show that it is an ingenious book which works on at least two levels. That when it touches on scientific matters it is incredibly accurate, and that it is not possible that Jesus Christ was a mere mortal: there are hidden messages in his philosophies which are completely missed by the majority of people and therefore proves the outer points he was making. I do not believe an ordinary human mind could achieve something like that. In fact, I know it wasn't an ordinary human mind that did it. I say this in all seriousness: you people are in for a shock.

Bold claims offered with no evidence fail to impress.  I strongly suspect that I have studied the Bible

more than you have and I have found the opposite to be the case.  The Bible is full of inconsistencies

and contradictions.  Unlike you, I am more than happy to go through chapter and verse to explore them

and have already done so more times than I can count. 

Are you people completely stupid?

Loaded question fallacy.  Careful now Paul.  You are starting to look like a troll.

You say that the Bible isn't the truth because it contradicts itself? Doesn't that prove it is true?

No, not at all.  Why would a deity make his word look like it was written by ignorant men who couldn't

even agree with each other?  Perhaps your God is mad.

If it were false, such inconveniences would have been airbrushed out, would they not?

That is absurd.  There are plenty of poorly written religious texts that don't have mistakes "airbrushed

out".  If you keep this up then I am going to have to stop taking you seriously.  I try to give everyone a fair

chance but you need to do your part.  If you want credibility then act like somebody who is credible.

I don't need to be popular or credible with you people.

There you go again using the word 'mad'. Where is your 'empirical evidence'?

I'll give you evidence. But do not be using the word 'mad' or I will be asking you for evidence.

Have a look on You Tube for a former atheist called Howard Storm. He had a 'near death experience'. It is not a good start, bringing NDE's into the conversation, I agree. And, it is fair to say that the genre must be viewed with some scepticism. However, watch the video. The man is genuine in the way he is recalling the experience. Ask yourself why it is that such an atheist would suddenly change his worldview. What does he stand to gain from it?

Or take it first hand from me. I am in the presence of 'invisible beings' continually. Being invisible, I cannot see them, but I can feel them. I do not know why this is happening, and I have not heard voices or have seen things. But these beings can actually relieve pain, so I am assuming that they are from God. But, of course, I can already detect a smirk appearing on your hateful countenance. Thus I present my evidence. Now, I very much doubt that you will accept the existence of 'non-material beings' because it is so devastating to your so already you will be reaching for the madness/ medical malady conclusion. But remember, I want evidence if you do. Don't be hypocritical and use my words as evidence.

Have a look on You Tube for a former atheist called Howard Storm. He had a 'near death experience'. It is not a good start, bringing NDE's into the conversation, I agree. And, it is fair to say that the genre must be viewed with some scepticism. However, watch the video. The man is genuine in the way he is recalling the experience. Ask yourself why it is that such an atheist would suddenly change his worldview. What does he stand to gain from it?

Every theist is a former atheist.  We are all born without belief in any gods.  Belief must be taught.  I have

no idea why Howard Storm became a believer but NDE's only prove that the human brain can manufacture

amazing and vivid dreams when the conditions are right.  They have been reproduced in the laboratory

using machines.  If a machine can create the sensation of god then the sensation comes from the human

brain.  A real god wouldn't be controlled by a machine which in turn is controlled by a mortal.

Of course when I make a claim I am happy to back it up:

http://www.innerworlds.50megs.com/God_Helmet/god_helmet.htm

http://www.shaktitechnology.com/shiva/god%20helmet/index.htm

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/triggers/gravity.html

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/happiness-in-world/201105/the-neurology-near-death-experiences

. . . so I am assuming . . . 

This is not evidence.

Now, I very much doubt that you will accept the existence of 'non-material beings' because it is so devastating to your so already you will be reaching for the madness/ medical malady conclusion. But remember, I want evidence if you do. Don't be hypocritical and use my words as evidence.

You are starting to sound like a troll.  Your words alone are enough to judge that.  Don't act like a troll and

people won't perceive you as one.

So far the evidence that God is real is that you make assumptions about your own subjective experiences

and NDE's are a phenomenon.  However both have a much more likely explanation and thus your

extraordinary claims about God are left without much support.  Do you believe fantastic ideas that are 

completely unjustified?

Thanks for trying to back up your claims. It is commendable. However, Mr Storm wasn't wearing a 'god helmet' or travelling inside a gravity machine, and neither have I. You cannot disprove what I have said. You can only make assumptions that some form of madness/degenerative brain function or medical malady is occurring. That is natural, because to conclude otherwise would mean changing your position.

By the way, did you actually watch the video?

Best wishes,

Paul.

Thanks for trying to back up your claims. It is commendable. However, Mr Storm wasn't wearing a 'god helmet' or travelling inside a gravity machine, and neither have I. 

I didn't claim that you or Mr. Storm were using any machines.  I only claimed that machines can be used

to recreate NDEs and the sensation of God and that a real God shouldn't be summoned by machines.

You cannot disprove what I have said.

Proving a negative is difficult and can only be done if the conditions are right.  This does not free you of

your obligation to provide evidence supporting the claims you have made.  If you want your claims to 

remain unjustified that is your business.

You can only make assumptions that some form of madness/degenerative brain function or medical malady is occurring.

I didn't say that nor did I imply it.

That is natural, because to conclude otherwise would mean changing your position.

You have a pattern of misrepresenting my position.

By the way, did you actually watch the video?

No.  You didn't give me a specific video to watch.  You only pointed me in a direction and asked me to do

the research.  However even if you gave me a short (under 10 mins) video I wouldn't waste my time on

it unless you give me a compelling reason to do so.  Are you going to declare the video as the evidence

of your claim that God is real?  The possibility of debunking your claim would be a good reason to watch

a short video.  I've been sent on many wild goose chases in the past so I am weary of this tactic.

Ah! I see. No, I wasn't going to use the video as evidence that God is real. I was hoping that you would be at least open-minded enough to watch it, but clearly you had no intention of even doing that.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Whatever, Paul The Troll.

Or take it first hand from me. I am in the presence of 'invisible beings' continually. Being invisible, I cannot see them, but I can feel them. I do not know why this is happening, and I have not heard voices or have seen things. But these beings can actually relieve pain, so I am assuming that they are from God. But, of course, I can already detect a smirk appearing on your hateful countenance. Thus I present my evidence. Now, I very much doubt that you will accept the existence of 'non-material beings' because it is so devastating to your so already you will be reaching for the madness/ medical malady conclusion. But remember, I want evidence if you do. Don't be hypocritical and use my words as evidence.

I have been waiting for an opportunity to use one of these...

post-21010-0-02588700-1436799614_thumb.j

• Like 3

Or take it first hand from me. I am in the presence of 'invisible beings' continually. Being invisible, I cannot see them, but I can feel them. I do not know why this is happening, and I have not heard voices or have seen things. But these beings can actually relieve pain, so I am assuming that they are from God.

As a medical professional, I suggest that you get a referral to a Neurologist if you're feeling unusual bodily sensations.  They can often be precursors of chronic debilitating diseases such as multiple sclerosis, which is reasonably treatable if you catch it early enough.  Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

Paul is outed as a troll at this point and another thread was locked.

Please don't feed the troll