Goodbye Jesus

Is Google Down? Wtf?

Fweethawt

I haven't been able to access Google on my phone since this morning. Can anyone else confirm this?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
  • Super Moderator

I just used it on my phone.

I've experienced issues with gmail in the past but never the search engine.

How's your connection? Sometimes having internet problems can cause browser issues.

I haven't been able to access Google on my phone since this morning. Can anyone else confirm this?

We can't confirm that you haven't been able to access Google, but we'll take your word for it.

Are you sure you are calling the correct number?  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Thanks, everybody. Within about an hour after posting this, it started working for me.

I kept getting the old "web page not available" notification.

Next time you have internet problems with your phone just call 911 for help.  It's quicker than posting here.

wink.png

mwc

I did call 911. And when the ambulance showed up, I was like, wtf, I don't need an ambulance. I need google.

and they were all like that's cool.

I did call 911. And when the ambulance showed up, I was like, wtf, I don't need an ambulance. I need google.

and they were all like that's cool.

That sucks.  You should have Google'd first to see how to avoid that.

mwc

You can call Google on a phone???

Actually, I was googling my phone while trying to access Google.

It's doing it again!

I'm starting to think it has something to do with my wireless router. If I turn off wi-fi on my phone and just use mobile data instead, I can get right on Google.

This is very strange and makes no sense to me...

It's doing it again!

I'm starting to think it has something to do with my wireless router. If I turn off wi-fi on my phone and just use mobile data instead, I can get right on Google.

This is very strange and makes no sense to me...

You need a traceroute for your phone.  Just go to the Play store and grab one (type "traceroute" and I think there's one called just that which will work okay).  If you don't know how to use it try it when things are working and type the address for the place you want to get to and it will show all the hops your packets take to get there.  If it stops working again, run it and it should show where packets fail to go past.  If it's your router you should see things stop right at hop 1 or so (wherever your router is) and if it's outside your network you can see that too.

mwc

Actually, I was googling my phone while trying to access Google.

Er - now you've blown my mind...

• Like 1

Google within Google while Googling = Googleception. 

• Like 1

And if you do it well, does that make it an Immaculate Googleception...?

Some wireless routers go down fairly often, some brands are better than others. I installed a couple at work that are cheapos and they've been dropping connections and going blind for up to 90 minutes at a time. I'm tossing them and getting a much better rated and faster couple of routers. I use an old Linksys at home, but will be upgrading when I get some $$$.

Some wireless routers go down fairly often, some brands are better than others. I installed a couple at work that are cheapos and they've been dropping connections and going blind for up to 90 minutes at a time. I'm tossing them and getting a much better rated and faster couple of routers. I use an old Linksys at home, but will be upgrading when I get some $$$.

Do you replace the manufacturers firmware with Tomato (my preference), DD-WRT or something similar?  I've had some shit routers perk right up after that.

mwc