Goodbye Jesus

Christianity Makes People Feel Sexy

Lilith666

Post-orgasmic bliss with Jesus? :o

As emotional as the parents' church can get sometimes, people who dance are frowned upon. No one does it, probably partly because so many of the seniors can't, but the friend I mentioned and I liked to wiggle around a little in the back pew and bump hips at the best parts. My dad always plays electric guitar with an extremely serious expression - she said "I think your dad saw me dancing". He must have looked disapproving. I told her while she was making fun of the doleful "Faith of Our Fathers" that we should start our own church, where we wouldn't make anyone sing boring and tuneless nonsense like that, and everyone would be allowed to dance during the fun songs. Even the Unitarian Universalist place near my college doesn't do fun songs, unfortunately. There are some nice ones, but the service really needs some life.

I remember people saying, or at least highly insinuating, that one should take time after sex to "be one with your spouse and with god" or some such drivel. Even then I thought fuck no am I going to dwell on Jesus post-orgasm! Or the whole, make Jesus a part of your marriage bed. What does it say about me if I am thinking about a dead bearded hippy guy whilst in the throws of passion? I don't think my wife would much appreciate that . . . 

• Like 1

ahahahahahaha

hahahahaha

hahaha

Do you need to think about Jesus in sex too? To dilute the sinfulness. You're having fun, but at least you are thinking about Jesus...

• Like 1

Going back as far as the mid 90s I always had an unease about this worship language and what it communicated to christians both male and female.i tried talking about it a few times back then but was met with blank looks.

It's been discussed on here before and I think it's a really good topic.its dreadfully deceptive for young women....aside from the general deception of christianity and.....its hard to put into words what it does for men.its alienating for a start and makes you wanna reach for the sick bucket.as a young man I tried to force myself like a square peg into a round hole on this whole subject as my church loved this crap.the pastor was a manjina and a white knight anyway so you probably get the idea.

Pmsl I recall my hot "older woman" gf in the 90s trying to say our "anything but intercourse" activities were a form of worship but I think that was stretching it a bit.

Worshipping something^

• Like 1

Which explains why so many christians thought this song was about god

idjits

• Like 1

Hahahahahahahahahaha......

Hahahahahaha...

Oh man. That song is SO not about Jesus. Its about pussy.

I guarandamntee you somebody redid lyrics and used this song at their church.

I've heard some other pop songs reworded in the past. Always thought it sat wrong

Worshipping something^

Only when she....nah that's for another time ????

Wait.... Christians thought the song Take Me to Church was about God?

Reminds me of hearing some "I'm Proud to be an American" lyrics when I was five and thinking they were about Jesus saving the world from its sins. No five-year-old should be thinking about Jesus as much as I was....

You mean it's NOT about Jesus n that?lol

That gave me a mental image of a whole congregation singing that. Reminds me of an episode of the Simpson when somthing similar happened.

I can just picture the outstretched raised praising arms.