Goodbye Jesus

4 Legged Snake (Fossil) Found

mwc

Martill and his colleagues say the fossil, dating back 110 to 125 million years, is the first snake ever discovered with four legs. It may or may not have been the granddaddy of all living snakes, but the creature that gave rise to today's boas, rattlers and copperheads could've looked like this new specimen, the researchers say. The newly identified fossil also illuminates how early snakes survived the ferocious eat-or-be-eaten world of the Early Cretaceous.

Full article

I was tempted (get it?) to title this something like "Scientists confirm bible -- locate Satan's earthly body" but I wanted people to read it before leaping to that conclusion.

Anyhow, I had read some time ago about snakes with two legs and now here we have this one with four.  It seems to fill-in the gap nicely but I doubt that people who want to doubt evolution will see these as part of an arc but three distinct lines of animals.  For some reason snakes were made with legs then magically no legs but some had two legs for some reason that isn't explained (and that the legs gradually fell away, or evolved off the snakes, seems a bad answer).

mwc

What should help them see how evolution works will be used to prove god-dun-it for Facebook

Snakes and whales have vestigial legs. That was so interesting to me that I never knew for much of my life

Around my neck of the woods we call 4 legged snakes.......lizards. So, I guess they ain't extinct after all.

Modern snakes, whales and other animals have vestigial remnants suggesting their ancestors had functioning limbs.  It is not surprising at all that fossils are periodically uncovered providing additional evidence for this conclusion.  Indeed, standard biological evolution theory predicts this.