Goodbye Jesus

Florida Man Gets Year In Jail For Running Over 9 Ducklings With A Lawnmower

Fweethawt

Yep.  Guy is fucked in the head.  Doubt prison will fix him.  Will keep him from wrecking more shit while he's in there but will probably just make him more fucked up in the long run.  So I guess just institutionalize him so he can stay there.

mwc

Headline made me shoot coffee out my nose.

You didn't need to put that he was from Florida in the title. We could just infer it.

My neighbor is like that.

One day he stopped me in the yard and asked me if I had any trouble with raccoons.

I mentioned to him that they come into the grarage through the cat door and eat my cats food.

I told him that I trap them and relocate them to the forestry on my way to work.

I usually catch about a half dozen or so every year so it's a temporary thing.

He said he makes it a permanent solution cause when he catches them he just throws the whole trap into the lake, 'coon and all. I guess he thought they come back every year.

I thought he was just joking until the lake was partially drained for maintenance and I saw all the raccoon bones by his dock.

I don't care what animal it is or how it may inconvenience you there is no reason to exact such cruelty and death upon them.

I hope my neighbor and the guy in the above article suffer the most painful and long lasting deaths.

I know that sounds contradictory to what I said about animals but as far as I'm concerned people like that forfeit any extension of courtesy from me.

I don't think a year in jail for deliberately and maliciously causing a horrible death to a sentient creature (let alone nine creatures) is excessive, but I'm not sure how it would reverse whatever screwed him up. Of course my father does, though he had to point out that Proverbs says no man who mistreats animals can be righteous. Yep, that sure would make lawnmower lout repent. Proverbs has laid down the law.

Guest Furball

Besides the probation and jail time, Falbo must also serve 10 hours of community service each month and have a mental health exam within 30 days after he is released from jail.

Maybe they should give him a mental health exam while in jail.    

This crazy person almost killed his girlfriend over a text and kills small defenseless animals, which according to psychiatry is a stepping stone to becoming a serial killer. This guy is going to kill someone, and they want to give him a mental evaluation AFTER he is released?

Once again, the system fails. 

• Like 2

Community service isn't going to help someone who is already sideways in the head! He needs treatment and rehab. God.

I killed thousands of flies and mosquitos so far

damn!! I will be hanged to dead I guess

There's a difference between killing out of necessity and killing because you feel like it. When is running over anything with a lawnmower ever necessary? This man also has a violent history.

Just a year? Shit.

One day he stopped me in the yard and asked me if I had any trouble with raccoons.

I mentioned to him that they come into the grarage through the cat door and eat my cats food.

I told him that I trap them and relocate them to the forestry on my way to work.

He said he makes it a permanent solution cause when he catches them he just throws the whole trap into the lake, 'coon and all. I guess he thought they come back every year.

I thought he was just joking until the lake was partially drained for maintenance and I saw all the raccoon bones by his dock.

I don't care what animal it is or how it may inconvenience you there is no reason to exact such cruelty and death upon them.

I hope my neighbor and the guy in the above article suffer the most painful and long lasting deaths.

I know that sounds contradictory to what I said about animals but as far as I'm concerned people like that forfeit any extension of courtesy from me.

I don't get it.  I have a hard time empathizing with an animal that would try to bite me.  Would you feel the

same way if he used a different and perhaps more humane way to kill the coons?  Would you really want

to extend this protection to every kind on animal - even pests?

Guest Furball

I don't get it.  I have a hard time empathizing with an animal that would try to bite me.  Would you feel the

same way if he used a different and perhaps more humane way to kill the coons?  Would you really want

to extend this protection to every kind on animal - even pests?

So you can't empathize with a racoon slowly drowning in a lake? Defending yourself against an animal while being attacked is a whole other thing. But if an animal is trapped in a cage, release it out into the wild. Throwing it into a lake so it slowly drowns is overkill and completely unnecessary.

So you can't empathize with a racoon slowly drowning in a lake? Defending yourself against an animal while being attacked is a whole other thing. But if an animal is trapped in a cage, release it out into the wild. Throwing it into a lake so it slowly drowns is overkill and completely unnecessary.

Would you be okay with another method?  Where do you draw the line on species - all mammals, some mammals, all vertebrates, all life or what?

Would you be okay with another method?  Where do you draw the line on species - all mammals, some mammals, all vertebrates, all life or what?

A quick, clean, kill is always preferred.  Sometimes things go sideways and what happens, happens, but this guy has apparently decided a slow, painful, kill is the way to go every single time.  He's wrong.  Hell, a heavy hammer to the head should do them in quicker and easier than drowning (if he can pull it off in one swing otherwise he'll just torture them while he bashes away).

mwc

Guest Furball

what mwc said

Gotta admit I feel bad for drowning ants that would not be squished, and those daddy long legs that were big enough to look bitey. I've heard DLL's can't bite humans because their mouths are too small, but I don't know if they will bite animals (cats) and I'm pretty sure I could see a mouth moving on one of them.

Gotta admit I feel bad for drowning ants that would not be squished, and those daddy long legs that were big enough to look bitey. I've heard DLL's can't bite humans because their mouths are too small, but I don't know if they will bite animals (cats) and I'm pretty sure I could see a mouth moving on one of them.

DDLs will not bite humans.  I've handled them all my life.  I won't touch a black spider, nor a brown

spider, nor any color of spider that is shaped like a widow.

If I see a venomous snake in my yard, IT DIES! I have pets and there children in the neighborhood. Here in Florida, there are some really deadly snakes and I am not going to try to corner it, trap it and wait for wildlife people, they are not endangered and way too risky to mess with. I simply apply a shotgun to the head of them pointed in the ground. Even the cops have said that is the best way. If people don't like it, they can handle the deadly critters, but I am not risking a trip to the hospital and risking my life and any limb bitten to amputation. I am not willing to allow my dogs and cats to that risk or the neighborhood children.

I know people in Texas that when they kill rattle snakes, they go so far as to either, burn the head or put it in a jar and bury them to prevent someone's pet from eating it and dying from the poison glands.

A quick, clean, kill is always preferred.  Sometimes things go sideways and what happens, happens, but this guy has apparently decided a slow, painful, kill is the way to go every single time.  He's wrong.  Hell, a heavy hammer to the head should do them in quicker and easier than drowning (if he can pull it off in one swing otherwise he'll just torture them while he bashes away).

mwc

how do you hit the racoon that is in the cage???????

open the cage? it will kill you to death if you open the cage

If I see a venomous snake in my yard, IT DIES! I have pets and there children in the neighborhood. Here in Florida, there are some really deadly snakes and I am not going to try to corner it, trap it and wait for wildlife people, they are not endangered and way too risky to mess with. I simply apply a shotgun to the head of them pointed in the ground. Even the cops have said that is the best way. If people don't like it, they can handle the deadly critters, but I am not risking a trip to the hospital and risking my life and any limb bitten to amputation. I am not willing to allow my dogs and cats to that risk or the neighborhood children.

I know people in Texas that when they kill rattle snakes, they go so far as to either, burn the head or put it in a jar and bury them to prevent someone's pet from eating it and dying from the poison glands.

Good idea!  We have Eastern Diamondback Rattlers, Pygmy Rattlers, Timber Rattlers, Water Moccasins,  Coral Snakes, and Copper Heads. We also have friendly little critters like Scorpions, several varieties of spiders that are dangerous to people as well.  

You almost live in Australia.

how do you hit the racoon that is in the cage???????

open the cage? it will kill you to death if you open the cage

I couldn't tell you.  The hammer was just a suggestion for a quick way to kill instead of drowning.  The racoon's I've had were temporary nuisances that went away when I got rid of whatever they were after.  I never had to cage them much less kill them.

mwc