Goodbye Jesus

Any Good Athiest Themed Movies, Shows, Or Documentaries?

Dragonman73

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of shows to watch based on anti-religion criteria? I'm always looking for good and informative stuff to watch.

The ones I have seen already are:

-  The God who wasn't there

-  Root of all Evil

- Religulous

-  Jesus Camp

- Zeitgeist

- For the Bible Tells me so

- Hell house

Anything else I might be missing?

'God Loves Uganda' is a good film if you can stomach Scott Lively's special brand hate-filled bullshit against the LGBT community. 

'Kidnapped for Christ' is an excellent film. Think 'Jesus Camp' on steroids...lots and lots of steroids and set in a foreign country. Plus all of the 'campers' are there because their insane fundie parents are trying to 'repair' them. Some kids are gay; others have mental health issues and some of them are just there because their parents can't handle them rebelling against their Christian upbringings. Sad and very fucked up, but the film is pretty great.

'Hard As Nails' is really good, but is hard to find. It is focused on Catholicism and the supposed rise of the Catholic youth group movement. It's ~10 years old and features one of the creepiest Christ-tards I've ever seen as the main focal character of the film. If you can find it, definitely watch it.

'Friends of God' is a decent film. It was posted on Youtube some time ago, but I have no idea if it is still available. This one is older too, filmed while Bush II was still in office. It's a lot like 'Jesus Camp' in style, nothing fancy. One of it's focal characters is a pre-fall-from-grace Ted Haggard. Very interesting indeed. They also have a chat with Ken Ham back when he was a just a kook asking kiddies if their grandmothers looked like chimps...

Can't think of any others offhand. 

The Man from Earth (2007)

The Nature of Existence(2010)

Mary and Max (2009)

Galápagos (2006)

Darwin's Dangerous Idea(2009– )

Monty Python's Life of Brian

I don't know if this counts, but Trollhunter I really liked. I don't want to spoil anything, but it is relevant.

There's a ton of other movies, of course, that just aren't Christian at all - one of the wonderful things about the information age is that you have access to movies from absolutely everywhere.

Thanks everyone, looks like a few of those are available at nextflix...added them to my queue

Oh!  Netflix reminded me of 

Kumaré (2011)

Good one^

• 4 weeks later...

Agora, about how Christianity became popular and then powerful and the fallout to those that wanted to pursue science without gods.

Rachel Weisz as Hypatia, the librarian at Alexandria. It uses a camera technique in certain spots to remind the viewer of the smallness of Earth and the absurdity of our conflicts.