Goodbye Jesus

Rip Cecil

Will02

For those who don't know, some piece of shit poacher dentist recently killed the most famous lion in Zimbabwe (Cecil) and took a selfie with it's carcass. If that's not bad enough, he decapitated and skinned it and left the rest to rot. It's just fucking sick.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/walter-palmer-cecil-lion-killer_55b8dda7e4b0a13f9d1ae431?ax20529

The guy is a shit hunter too because he had to lure it out of a protected reserve and he just wounded it on his first shot with a bow and arrow. He then tracked the injured lion down and finished it off with a gun. He couldn't even do it clean. I bet he thinks he's a big man, too.

I don't understand why people hunt for sport/trophy. It's so cruel and barbaric in this day and age. At least hunting deer for food is understandable because the herd gets too large otherwise (and the deer starve in the winter) because there are few natural predators left to keep things balanced. Any hunter worthy of the name uses most of the animal, too. This is just poaching and that beautiful animal deserved far better.

Looks like the word got out and has harmed his business.  It must suck to be one of his former employees.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/30/us/walter-palmer-whereabouts/index.html

Hunting an animal with a high powered weapon is fairly sick, does this guy deserve to be ruined, maybe, I have zero sympathy for him, zero. This guy has also been fined for killing a bear and handed over a CHQ in the tens of thousands to settle an out of court claim that he had sexually harassed a female co worker....not a nice guy ........

As I say, zero , zero sympathy. Its a sick "sport"

However, trial led by the media and mob mentally, is some what disturbing....

People taking to twitter and face-book to say that , they can't sleep for crying over Cecil, that the tears keep falling, they are heart broken , their souls are shattered....etc....., if you can cry endlessly over a lion, yet walk past a homeless guy and stuff a burger in your face without a care for the millions of cattle slaughtered, congratulations, the media does your thinking for you  

Yes its sad that the lion was killed, but the on line feeding frenzy of grief that people are buying into, shows how easily the public can be whipped up in what ever case the media wants to upset them with.

• Like 2

People who get upset about hunting but still eat meat from the grocery store need to take a long look at their priorities. Notice, I said hunting. What this dipshit does isn't hunting. He pays expensive guides to take him to fenced in preserves where he is babysat until something comes along. No, he's definitely no hunter. Just an idiot with too much money.

• Like 3

People who get upset about hunting but still eat meat from the grocery store need to take a long look at their priorities. Notice, I said hunting. What this dipshit does isn't hunting. He pays expensive guides to take him to fenced in preserves where he is babysat until something comes along. No, he's definitely no hunter. Just an idiot with too much money.

Few people mind hunting for food/necessity, but game hunting is indeed despicable.

This guy and the other guy that ran over the 9 baby ducks with a lawnmower should have a death match and the winner gets to die in a pit filled with hornets

It will be interesting to see what the facts really are. My general rule of thumb: the media will get it wrong. So I shall withhold any opinions until a reliable source of facts shows up.

It will be interesting to see what the facts really are. My general rule of thumb: the media will get it wrong. So I shall withhold any opinions until a reliable source of facts shows up.

You mean, this dentist might have killed Cecil under circumstances that are OK? OF, I have no idea what your point is, but my mind reels.

• Like 1

As I understand it he applied for a permit from the Zim. government and he has also issued an apology in

social media.  Unless that was a forgery it's too late for him to say he didn't kill that lion.

http://news.yahoo.com/letter-to-patients--dentist-behind-cecil-the-lion-s-death-apologizes-165511095.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dentist-who-killed-cecil-the-lion-apologizes-in-note-to-patients_55b90e2be4b0074ba5a72148

• Like 1

Also, Cecil had a GPS collar. To use a crossbow, you need to get fairly close, so it's likely the guy saw it and just didn't care. He certainly found it after the fact so there's no way in hell he can claim ignorance.

You mean, this dentist might have killed Cecil under circumstances that are OK? OF, I have no idea what your point is, but my mind reels.

I always like your sense of humor, ficino. It's kind of how I like my wine - dry and with a taste that lingers a bit.

This is but one small sample of the shoddy and emotion-laden reporting that is going on with this case.

"Walter James Palmer, who paid about $50,000 to hunt the lion, used bait to lure the 13-year-old black-maned big cat out of Hwange National Park in early July so he could shoot it with a bow and arrow, authorities said."

http://news.yahoo.com/letter-to-patients--dentist-behind-cecil-the-lion-s-death-apologizes-165511095.html

First, he did not pay $50,000 to hunt THE lion. He paid the required permit the government of Zimbabwe charges for a perfectly LEGAL hunt for one lion, not this particular lion as the wording slyly suggests. I reiterate that he paid a lot of money to the government of Zimbabwe for the right for his hunt. It was legal.

Then there's this talk about how he baited the lion out of the park where it and all lions are protected. First and foremost, he did not kill the lion in a restricted no hunting zone. Where he killed it was perfectly legal.

Second, the silly suggestion that he baited for this particular lion to lure it off the reserve is absurd. Where is the evidence that he lured that particular lion off the reserve? You've not seen this evidence because it's not there. If it's like other baiting, and no one is claiming that baiting is illegal in Zimbabwe, it was putting meat out to attract any lion, not a particular one.

Where is the evidence that this collar was so visible? I have tried to see it on all the pictures of the lion I have seen, but all I see is a thick main that would likely hide the collar in most circumstances.

Finally, I want to educate some of our dear members who have no experience hunting. There is a hunting concept called ethical hunting which prescribes certain ethical rules for hunters. Among many others, one of the most important is that if a hunter wounds an animal and it runs off, the hunter has an absolute obligation to find the animal and properly dispatch it to stop its suffering. There is no more important ethical hunting rule than that one. It's the hunter's absolute obligation no matter how long it may take to track, locate it, and put it out of its misery by an effective and quick death such as with a firearm (as was done with this lion).

Now, I am sure many people have not thought of it this way, and many will refuse to accept it, but that hunting team lived up to the highest ethical obligation to that wounded and suffering lion. They spent some 40 hours tracking it to put it down and end it's torment from its wound. The media likes to portray that as some great evil where these people were doggedly determined to get their trophy that they hunted the poor lion down after it was wounded and unfairly killed it.

That is not it at all and that is how this whole thing is so misleading. Once wounded, that big cat was destined to die. The only question was how long would he have to endure the torment of a slow, painful, and sure death. If that hunting team had not gone after the wounded lion and killed it after it was wounded, then they would deserve the scorn they are getting now!!

Let's talk about Cecil, while human body parts are being sold, and Iran and China might build two new nuclear power plants.

Good job, trendies.

• Like 1

Let's talk about Cecil, while human body parts are being sold, and Iran and China might build two new nuclear power plants.

Good job, trendies.

You are right that there are more important issues in the world.  However social media outrage can fix

neither nuclear proliferation nor the kidney black market.  But social media outrage can give a helping hand

to conservation efforts which depend far more on popularity.

Personally I take as much issue with this as I would with any trophy hunt. It's a pretty shitty activity in my not so humble opinion, killing things because what? You can? I'm not usually one to oppose things because they are unnecessary, I like plenty of unnecessary things, but the idea of hunting for sport alone? I just cannot wrap my head around it, I can't be okay with it. Hunt for food or pest control as much as you want, I have no problem with that, I'm not interested in participating in it, but at least it's not nearly as wasteful.

Good job, trendies.

Oh, you know what? You're absolutely right. What was I thinking? I totally forgot I had the ability to snap my fingers to fix all the problems in the universe. Silly me, I'll get right on that. Thanks for the reminder.

/snap_fingers... Uh... Did anything happen yet? Hold on, I'll do it again...

The fuck are we supposed to do about any of this shit exactly? Talking about that is just as useful as talking about anything else.

/Sigh... I think I'm in a bad mood...

Overcame Faith nailed it.

Somebody somewhere needed a story. And they tweaked a hunting story to get it. Now this dentist dude is gonna pay for it.

How fucked up is that?

How fucked up are people that they are so easily riled up over a lion getting killed on the other side of the planet?

Instead of talking and bitching about a dead lion, discuss how pathetic humans are for getting so excited over shit like this.

in some countries, you are supposedly to release your catch if the catch is undersized/oversized,,,,,

japanese hunt whales where they can be legal to hunt,,,,,,

we hunt animals as long as they are not on someone endangered or to be extinct list,,,,

this is another legal hunting which happens to be a famous lion, if it was not Cecil, no one would give a flying fuck,,,,,

The Cowardly Lion, Aslan and Cecil are sitting at a bar having a drink.

They all look worn out so the bartender asks them why they look so beat.

The Cowardly Lion goes first and says, "Man, you have no idea what I went through just to get courage."

Aslan then chimes in quickly after that and says, "Nonsense, you have no idea what I went through just to get Narnia united."

There's a pause so they all look at Cecil. He raises his eyes from his drink and quietly says, "Oh yeah? You have no idea what I went through just to get a cavity filled."

Overcame Faith nailed it.

Somebody somewhere needed a story. And they tweaked a hunting story to get it. Now this dentist dude is gonna pay for it.

How fucked up is that?

How fucked up are people that they are so easily riled up over a lion getting killed on the other side of the planet?

Instead of talking and bitching about a dead lion, discuss how pathetic humans are for getting so excited over shit like this.

Honestly, while I can't speak for anyone else, I'm not riled up over this. I think it sucks, sure. And I'm not a fan of what the guy did, regardless of legality.

And I think this trial by media bullshit is completely unacceptable, if everything the guy did was above board, he's well within his rights to do it without any legal ramifications, no matter how much I or anyone might disagree with what he did. His life shouldn't be ruined over it. If it's all above board, though that's for the legal system to hash out.

But the public is a fickle bitch that will gladly be led by emotionally or politically charged bullshit, and it seems people know how to weaponize it, or maybe it just weaponizes itself. Again, the fuck am I supposed to do about that exactly? This is a public forum, people are going to talk about shit, it's kinda the point...

So let's just trash the thought of whether or not any of his actions were legal and just say what he did was completely illegal. He's guilty of baiting, poaching and cruelly killing a lion...

Does he REALLY deserve to get ran through the ringer and have his dentistry shut down?

Think about that. It's straight up freaking crazy.

So let's just trash the thought of whether or not any of his actions were legal and just say what he did was completely illegal. He's guilty of baiting, poaching and cruelly killing a lion...

Does he REALLY deserve to get ran through the ringer and have his dentistry shut down?

Hunting for sport is cruel, no doubt, basically killing an animal for fun is sick.........but the media frenzy, in a world where we grind up chickens and experiment on dogs, the death of a lion is being pushed way beyond acceptable limits.......

The baying mob will no doubt only be satisfied after the guy hangs himself. 

The guy did a shitty thing, and is paying the price, but media lead mob rule is a frightening thing to behold 

These celebs weeping on Twitter, will sit down and have a steak dinner without any sense of reflection. People are full of shit......

• Like 1

Hunting for sport is cruel, no doubt, basically killing an animal for fun is sick.........but the media frenzy, in a world where we grind up chickens and experiment on dogs, the death of a lion is being pushed way beyond acceptable limits.......

The guy did a shitty thing, and is paying the price, but media lead mob rule is a frightening thing to behold 

These celebs weeping on Twitter, will sit down and have a steak dinner without any sense of reflection. People are full of shit......

Cows and chicken are not species at risk.  And they are not hunted for sport - they are killed for food.  Thus

it is not senseless.  If you want to be vegan that is your choice but there is nothing immoral about not being

vegan.

Cows and chicken are not species at risk.  And they are not hunted for sport - they are killed for food.  Thus

it is not senseless.  If you want to be vegan that is your choice but there is nothing immoral about not being

vegan.

Cruelty is cruelty and suffering is suffering regardless if a species is at risk or not, my friend, although I do accept the distinction you are making between food and sport  

... I agree.? I have to assume you're not addressing my post, because if you are I have no idea how you got that from it... But in case you are, I'll try to clarify a bit.

If he didn't break any laws, I don't think he should be in any legal trouble. I don't think what he did was good, but I agree that the public backlash is complete bullshit, it's way over reactive. That's the nature of mob rule, unfortunately the mob has grown from small pockets to almost an entire population, that's not a good thing, at all. Unfortunately it doesn't require as much energy to let others think for you.

No, I don't think he deserves to be run through the ringer, I don't think he deserves to be ruined, I think the wanton destruction of life by the public mob is much worse than what this guy did, but I don't have to think what this guy did was okay either. I just don't feel entitled to do anything more than object to trophy hunting in regards to this subject, after all, I am free to express my opinion, last I checked.