Goodbye Jesus

Porter Airlines Seat Change May Have Been Sparked By Religious Accommodation, Says Passenger

Fweethawt

Yes, another stupid jew... They need to start kicking these fuckers off the plane. This is low-level terrorism in my opinion. Flying is nerve racking enough for a lot of people. Having disturbances like this preflight doesn't help matters any.

What an asshole...

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/nova-scotia/porter-airlines-seat-change-may-have-been-sparked-by-religious-accommodation-says-passenger-1.3171114

I'm hoping that the default respect we've given religion is falling by the wayside. I'm hearing more and more people upset with the arbitrary religious rules people invent that they want others to respect.

I wonder if I could do that for my morning and evening transit

I demand the whole train for myself for (make up) religious reason

The airline should tell the jew to eff of the plane for disturbance or to upgrade the lady to business class so that she does not need to seat with that disgusting jew

I for one, will never fly Porter Airlines again.

If these religious nuts fear being tainted by sitting next to women, then they ought to have to buy an extra ticket so they can sit next to an empty seat. (Jokes about jews being too cheap for that would normally be offensive, but not in the case of religious bigots who deserve every bit of contempt they get.)

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

It seems there are some Jews, Christians and Muslims who think the world should stop to accommodate their superstitious hogwash. Fuck 'em all.

If these religious nuts fear being tainted by sitting next to women, then they ought to have to buy an extra ticket so they can sit next to an empty seat. (Jokes about jews being too cheap for that would normally be offensive, but not in the case of religious bigots who deserve every bit of contempt they get.)

I like this idea. The airlines can state up front and if the bigots/misogynists don't like it, they don't fly. Simple!

I wonder what he would have done had he been seated first and she showed up to sit next to him. Would he have thrown a fit and refused to allow her to sit in her assigned seat? I almost wonder if they intentionally come in late so they don't have to face that situation, seeing how I've read this scenario before, but not my scenario. This is getting so ridiculous! Believe what you want to believe, act how you want to act, but don't expect others to behave likewise to please you!

I have zero sympathy for people who demand special accommodations or who screw others over to make sure they themselves get "fair" (what they feel is fair--for them) treatment. I hate this under any circumstances, but people who do this in the name of religion are particularly offensive.

Airlines,  and everyone else: Allow people like this guy to grow up. Stop treating those with an entitlement problem as children who are given mac and cheese if they don't like broccoli. You are letting them float along in their little bubble instead of having to grow up and deal with the real world. If there was a white person who didn't want to sit next to a black person, or if this man had simply disliked women, no one would have felt sorry for him and he almost certainly would have received backlash, while the other person got sympathy and a free drink. (I'm not saying this should be tolerated, because it shouldn't.) But because his religion gives him special rights, people feel badly for his "oppression" and guilty if they don't accommodate him. Do not feel guilty. Let him realize he is not special, just like the rest of us. You are doing him no favors.

We are creating a culture of "it's okay, you don't have to behave like a decent human if it makes you uncomfortable!" because we are so scared of being or feeling intolerant. The fact that a bunch of religious guys held up a plane for 12 hours (different news story) because they would not sit next to women is frightening. I will not tolerate bullshit, I wouldn't put up with it if it was my plane or my flight, and neither should anyone else.

• Like 4

What I really cannot understand...

How would this example of orthodoxy know that the male he eventually sat next to was not gay - and presumably just as unacceptable to him as a female?

Should he not then charter his own private plane, to be piloted by someone of the same religious background as himself?

• Like 1

Haha, Ellinas. He should. If this jerk doesn't want to associate with women/people not like him, he should start his own community, where he won't have to catch cooties from the icky females.

B.B. King, I'm told, used to book the seat next to himself for his guitar, Lucille.   Money is where the mouth is.

Yeah, so, fuck the ever lovin' shit out of these assholes (the interfaith people).

Interfaith Leader: If Orthodox Jews Don’t Want to Sit Next to Women on Planes, We Should Accommodate Them --

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2015/04/26/interfaith-leader-if-orthodox-jews-dont-want-to-sit-next-to-women-on-planes-we-should-accommodate-them/

I wouldn't say fuck the interfaith people. There are probably leaders or others like him who don't believe in that crap. I just don't tolerate anyone who expects other people to order their actions around his comfort.