Goodbye Jesus

Blog Suggestions

HolyGoat

I am thinking of starting a blog (I know, so unique), but a wise man recently told me: "The more of us that share our story, the more people will realize they're not alone.  We're not alone!" People like us, they NEED to hear from us. They NEED to know they are not alone! For that reason, I am humbly putting my thoughts and experiences out into cyberspace in the hope that someone will run across them and be encouraged or persuaded or prompted to think.

​I am trying to think of a name. I want it to be relatively short, but also catchy and meaningful to my experience. I am not always great at catchy phrases and such, so I was hoping if I throw out some ideas or words maybe some of you guys/gals could help put some form to them?

The first thing I thought of was: Good and Godless. I like this because it is short and catchy and touches on the fact that I firmly believe we CAN be good and godless. What do you think?

My favorite word right now is Apostate. I gladly wear that title, I just can't think of any way to incorporate that into a title I like. Thoughts?

I also really like the quote from Mumford and Sons "So I'll be bold as well as strong, and use my head along side my heart" which is exactly how I came to deconvert.

Finally, the song Broken Crown  also speaks to me especially the line "I'll never wear your broken crown." 

Anyway, thanks for the input! You guys are awesome!

"Good and Godless" works for me.

Fortunately, the internet has made publishing very easy. Maybe only a handful of people will read your blog. But that's a handful more than will be reading if you write nothing. My advice (for what it's worth) is to write what you want, when you want, and let the people who are interested read. Just my $0.02.

Thanks, disillusioned! That is exactly how I plan on doing it! I know I probably won't get tons of readers and I know a lot of bloggers get hung up on numbers, but more than anything I need a place to get some of the stuff in my head out and "onto paper" as it were. Plus, I think there are a lot of people in my position or who are seriously doubting and I hope I can reach even a few of them.

I appreciate your $0.02!

Cheers.

Let me know if you do start to blog. I'll take a look...

I am thinking of starting a blog (I know, so unique), but a wise man recently told me: "The more of us that share our story, the more people will realize they're not alone.  We're not alone!" People like us, they NEED to hear from us. They NEED to know they are not alone! For that reason, I am humbly putting my thoughts and experiences out into cyberspace in the hope that someone will run across them and be encouraged or persuaded or prompted to think.

​I am trying to think of a name. I want it to be relatively short, but also catchy and meaningful to my experience. I am not always great at catchy phrases and such, so I was hoping if I throw out some ideas or words maybe some of you guys/gals could help put some form to them?

The first thing I thought of was: Good and Godless. I like this because it is short and catchy and touches on the fact that I firmly believe we CAN be good and godless. What do you think?

My favorite word right now is Apostate. I gladly wear that title, I just can't think of any way to incorporate that into a title I like. Thoughts?

I also really like the quote from Mumford and Sons "So I'll be bold as well as strong, and use my head along side my heart" which is exactly how I came to deconvert.

Finally, the song Broken Crown  also speaks to me especially the line "I'll never wear your broken crown." 

Anyway, thanks for the input! You guys are awesome!

Perhaps "Good and Godless...God and Goodless"

How about "the Happy Goat"?

How about "the Happy Goat"?

Or "The Holy Goat"

Maybe "The Talking Donkey with Occasional Comments from The Talking Snake"

• Like 1

The Holy Goat. That's fantastic.

I like "The Holy Goat" too.  You could take your avatar or a public-domain goat photo and put a halo on it.

I am honestly still leaning toward "Good and Godless" as the blog title, but I like The Holy Goat too much to not use it.

Maybe refer to myself as The Holy Goat? I won't be using my real name.

I think it depends partly on what flavour you want your blog to take. "Good and Godless" sounds fairly serious, whereas "The Holy Goat" seems more facetious. I would tend to lean towards seriousness in the title, because you can always move from being more serious to gently mocking. Going the other way is harder though.

You know what, Disillusioned. You're right. I would generally tend toward the serious, so a satirical name probably wouldn't fit.

Started my blog today. Posted a slightly modified version of "My Personal Exodus" as my first post. Check it out!

https://goodandgodless.wordpress.com/