Goodbye Jesus

Never Going To Get My Head Round It

Castiel233

Jesus saves you....from Jesus.....

Just wow, wow.

Not matter how much the church, or the fundies try to sell it, it is a profoundly nasty idea....

I have never understood it. They say He forgives you of your sins (that He loaded you with) as long as you have the correct theology regarding Him, when you die........

I am not a big Richard Dawkins fan, but when he says, that god should just forgive us then, he has a point.....why all the terms and conditions, the long and winded parables......

Picture the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve eat the fruit and God says:

"Okay, not gonna pretend I am happy, as I told you not to eat it, but hey ho, its just fruit, so I guess no big deal......please don't do it again"

Of course with don't get that, He goes full fucking serial killer ape shit....over fruit....fruit......for fucks sake........so death and misery and Hell enter the universe..........because a dude and his wife bit into fruit.......

The kicker, of course, is that Sky Daddy, already knew this was going to happen and must have planned it  so He could hulk out.......

Yet humans are not good, none.........but "Mr "Did you eat my apple"...is presented as Dr Love......

This is nuts.

if the neighbour parks on your drive after you ask him not too, and you set fire to  his house....you are a manic.......great great gramps eats magical fruit , so god condemns you to hell....yet He is "perfect" 

Well, It wasn't just fruit. Eating the fruit gave them the knowledge of good & evil. Before they ate the fruit they were pure & innocent but after eating the fruit they became aware of evil, temptation,etc. Supposingly, God wanted them to remain pure & innocent forever. That was his plan bur they disobeyed Him so they had to be punished.

If a person hasn't been indoctrinated it's clear the story is a myth. It takes a lot of brainwashing to convince anyone that story was a real historical event, but I think that shows just how effective brainwashing can be & how dangerous it really is.

Well, It wasn't just fruit. Eating the fruit gave them the knowledge of good & evil. Before they ate the fruit they were pure & innocent but after eating the fruit they became aware of evil, temptation,etc. Supposingly, God wanted them to remain pure & innocent forever. That was his plan bur they disobeyed Him so they had to be punished.

Its all a strange state of affairs. God must have known what was going to happen and allowed it to happen, in fact engineered it.......so that's the first objection. Secondly, it appears that actually eating the fruit imbued them with new knowledge...the fruit literally "updated" them........

It has myth written all over it.....and a very unpleasant myth to boot  

He desperately doesn't want them to eat it, but he creates it anyway. He plants it... in another galaxy... in Iceland... nope, in the same garden where they live. He set them up.

"Oh no, he's HOLY" Holy people don't set others up for a fall (especially childlike innocents), introduce them to a talking snake, then blame them, curse them, and invent a place of eternal torment for them. He's a jerk, a turd, a psychotic narcissist. Happily, he doesn't exist.

• Like 1

He planted the tree in the middle of the garden.  

Just in case you were thinking that Adam and Even wouldn't notice the tree.

It's a set-up to a fairy tale.  Jack trades the cow for three magic beans?  Well, guess what?!?  Those beans really are magic!  The ridiculousness of three beans being really magic, and instead of Jack being a fool he's really brilliant, is what makes that story interesting.

Without indoctrination, nothing in the bible would make any more sense than it being an interesting fairy tale (well, except for the rape and senseless murder of "everyone" parts).

He desperately doesn't want them to eat it, but he creates it anyway. He plants it... in another galaxy... in Iceland... nope, in the same garden where they live. He set them up.

This reminds me of a Darkmatter2525 video...