Goodbye Jesus

...to Become A Believer?

ironhorse

Ironhorse, come on back and tell us what it would take for you to believe in the Tooth Fairy.  Don't leave us hanging.

• Like 1

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Ironhorse, come on back and tell us what it would take for you to believe in the Tooth Fairy.  Don't leave us hanging.

He likes to give us metaphorical blue balls.

• Like 1

A lobotomy.

I was going to say "severe brain damage," but... yeah.

I'm tellin' ya,

Dude's a TROLL

Yes, but he keeps things from getting too dull around here. Sometimes I wonder if it's just a well done atheist Poe exercise.

That sounds more like work than a hobby.

ironhorse is so consistently self-unaware, so consistently bereft of introspection, so consistently lacking in critical thinking, that he's either the most perfectly executed exercise in trolling history, or he's really just as vapid as he seems to be. I think the simpler explanation is that he's really just that vapid.

And I love how much ironhorse sounds like a slimy used car salesman in the original post. "What would it take to get you into this religion today?"

• Like 1

And I love how much ironhorse sounds like a slimy used car salesman in the original post. "What would it take to get you into this religion today?"

Questioner:  "How much does it cost to become a Christian?"

Christian Salesman:  "How much do you got?"

• Like 1

I'm tellin' ya,

Dude's a TROLL

Yes, but he keeps things from getting too dull around here. Sometimes I wonder if it's just a well done atheist Poe exercise.

That sounds more like work than a hobby.

ironhorse is so consistently self-unaware, so consistently bereft of introspection, so consistently lacking in critical thinking, that he's either the most perfectly executed exercise in trolling history, or he's really just as vapid as he seems to be. I think the simpler explanation is that he's really just that vapid.

"How would you like to drive this baby home today?" :)

Just for the record, as of the time and date of this post, Ironhorse aka Tin Pony aka Pewter Jackass has not returned to this forum since he made the original post in this thread.

ironhorse

Member Since 23 Jan 2014
OFFLINE Last Active Aug 16 2015 08:00 PM

This is relevant empirical evidence that he has abandoned this thread.  It is also evidence that he has not read any of the response to this thread (except perhaps one).  It is also evidence from which one could reasonably infer that he is a troll.

Well... Shall we finally stop feeding his trolling threads??

Never happen I guess.

I no longer engage him directly but I talk with others on his threads. Maybe I need to just stay out of his threads completely.

Is Tinpony a troll?  Of course!  However I find him to be quite harmless.  He will make pathetic attempts to cheerlead for Jesus.  He seems to do Christianity more harm than good.  I've never seen him try to justify genocide.  His habit of not answering means that he doesn't defend the nasty parts of the Bible.  Instead he simply pretends that Christians can be cool too . . . and winds up looking completely fake.  I say let him stay and keep feeding him.  He is kind of our pet Christian.

Is Tinpony a troll?  Of course!  However I find him to be quite harmless.  He will make pathetic attempts to cheerlead for Jesus.  He seems to do Christianity more harm than good.  I've never seen him try to justify genocide.  His habit of not answering means that he doesn't defend the nasty parts of the Bible.  Instead he simply pretends that Christians can be cool too . . . and winds up looking completely fake.  I say let him stay and keep feeding him.  He is kind of our pet Christian.

I second this. Besides, like others have said,"He keeps it from getting too dull around here". I also noticed he likes to respond on Sundays. Maybe he considers coming to Ex-C his "Good Works to God". We shall see. :)

• Like 1

EVIDENCE! Any evidence at all that a god of any kind actually exists. And then evidence that any of our ancient holy books, including the Bible, actually qualifies as this god's "word". I require REAL, ACTUAL, VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE, not the easily refutable "evidence" that currently comes from Christian apologists. 

If you can provide such evidence, Ironhorse, then I'm all ears...

Glory!

• Like 1

Hey, at least he's not posting a Bob Dylan or U2 lyric every Sunday anymore.

• Like 2

Never happen I guess.

I no longer engage him directly but I talk with others on his threads. Maybe I need to just stay out of his threads completely.

If a troll posts something then disappears , do our posts really feed him?

Never happen I guess.

If a troll posts something then disappears , do our posts really feed him?

I think so. but there. I just did it again. He wins for now.

I want a pet Christian! Put a leash and collar on him, walk him around....make him beg. Giggity

It's a big responsibility.  Christians poop all over the place and don't clean up after themselves.

• Like 2

I want a pet Christian! Put a leash and collar on him, walk him around....make him beg. Giggity

Ohhh that right there is proof we're made in Yahweh's image!

Is this common practice of IH. Starts a thread, he gets tons of questions asked to him, then he just bails?

I thought True Christians were suppose to be kind, courteous, and forth coming? The way he is attending this very thread, that he made, doesn't reflect that in the least. It seems very a RUDE to abandon this thread asking us "what it would take for us to become a believer?", then not addressing us after that.

Does this reflect what his true intentions on this site is?

• 3 weeks later...

So, after reading this thread a few times I come to the following conclusions:

-Some demand physical evidence.

-Some would not accept Jesus even if he appeared in person.

Did I miss anything?

You are lying to yourself.  Maybe you are compensating for the fact that Jesus is imaginary?

If Gandalf the Grey appeared suddenly from a trans-universe portal people would accept that he was real.  People believe what they experience.  

So, after reading this thread a few times I come to the following conclusions:

-Some demand physical evidence.

Did I miss anything?

You're conflating two separate issues.

Yes, we demand physical evidence for your god and for a divine Jesus in order to say whether your claims hold any truth.

This is entirely separate from whether or not your god and a divine Jesus are worthy of worship. Since your god is a complete and total asshole, many of us come to the conclusion that it would be immoral to worship this god even if it exists. It also doesn't explain why an all-powerful being would require any form of worship, anyway, unless this is required solely because this god is an asshole.

• Super Moderator

Did I miss anything?

No, you missed everything.