Why Is The Antichrist The Good Guy?

Fweethawt

He’s a great humanitarian, he’s a great philanthropist
He knows just where to touch you, honey, and how you like to be kissed
He’ll put both his arms around you
You can feel the tender touch of the beast
You know that sometimes Satan comes as a man of peace

~ Bob Dylan

Yo Ironhorse, when you get a moment your " . . . To Become A Believer?" thread has over 68 responses to your question.  When you get the time.

• Like 3

He’s a great humanitarian, he’s a great philanthropist

He knows just where to touch you, honey, and how you like to be kissed

He’ll put both his arms around you

You can feel the tender touch of the beast

You know that sometimes Satan comes as a man of peace

~ Bob Dylan

oh, you touch my tralala,

mmm... my ding ding dong.

la la la la la la la,

la la la la la la,

la la la la la la la.

Oh, you touch my tralala

la la la la la la la,

la la la la la la.

mmm... my ding ding dong.

la la la la la la la,

la la la la la la.

- Gunther

I can do it too.

• Like 1

So? 

Will viewers press play on the legs or the Grateful Dead/with Dylan?

We make our choices.

I don't care what anyone likes more, I was mocking your use of "clever" song lyrics as a response. And I didn't pick that one for the thumbnail anyway... Don't tell me you've never heard Gunther's stuff?

I know the lyrics. I hope others check them out.

I agree. What people like or not like is up to them to decide.

I'm just here to represent the Christian faith and to give examples of others who express their faith. 

Bob Dylan used to write decent folksongs.  The lyrics to "Man of Peace" are the work of a scared, aging man whose best work was 50 years ago.

Dylan was around 38 years old when he wrote "Man of Peace", it's not a recent song.

Doesn't make the song one whit better.  Dylan's slide into musical mediocrity started with Slow Train Coming, and by the time the album Infidels came out in '83 his career was pretty much beached.  You might be interested in this Wikipedia snippet: 

While Infidels was better received than its predecessor, Shot of Love, Graham Lock of  New Musical Express still referred to Dylan as "culturally a spent force … a confused man trying to rekindle old fires."  Rolling Stone and The Village Voice critic Robert Christgau was not impressed either, writing that Dylan had "turned into a hateful crackpot".  Greil Marcus dismissed it many years later as another "bad [album] that made no sense, didn't hang together, had no point, and did not need to exist".

Last Dylan album I bought was Highway 61 Revisited, on vinyl, although I had meant to pick up Blonde on Blonde at one point.

I know the lyrics. I hope others check them out.

I agree. What people like or not like is up to them to decide.

I'm just here to represent the Christian faith and to give examples of others who express their faith. 

If you ask me, and I'd assume you wouldn't, you might want to step your game up a tad... It's, kinda, lacking.

But the legs are pretty nice though, right?

Yes Ironhorse,

You make your choices.

Don't answer our questions. 

Do post music vids.

Your choices tell us all we need to know about you.

• Like 2

So? 

Will viewers press play on the legs or the Grateful Dead/with Dylan?

We make our choices.

I didn't watch either video and I'm not familiar with either song, but it seems that Ironhorse here is equating the Grateful Dead/ Dylan video with some kind apostolic authority, while the other video is just not anointed or something. 

Why in the name of all that I hold dear would a Christian use the music of druggies and hippies to try to prove his point, when the Bible is available? Aren't Christians supposed to not love the things of the world?

I posted Gunther because his songs are delightfully corny, and, just, that face he makes, I can't not laugh...

I posted Gunther because his songs are delightfully corny, and, just, that face he makes, I can't not laugh...

I'll have to watch the video then.  smile.png

I highly recommend The Ding Dong Song too, lyrics of which are what I first posted.

I mean, don't expect Mozart or anything, just a silly song to enjoy, that has some sexual overtones...

• 2 weeks later...

And you're doing a fine job of doing so. Having an accurate understanding of what the Christian faith really is will do a great deal to help free people from Christianity. I thank you from the bottom of my brain for the fine work you are doing.