Goodbye Jesus

Stupid Shit Christians Say

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Guest sylensikeelyoo

"Atheism is a religion"

"You're going to hell"

"There's no proof of evolution whatsoever"

"You're a fundamentalist atheist"

"You just hate God. Tell me, ATHEIST, why do you hate God so much if you don't believe in him?...hur hur I'm so clever"

"Without God, there is no morality"

"What do you believe in? Hmmm? Tell me ATHEIST SCUM, what DOOOO you BELIEVE INNNNNN?" *creepy stare*

Alright you apostates and sodomites, add to the list. GO!

• Like 1

Goodbye Jesus

This is the way I am starting to see it now Sy.

Atheists want the Truth at no matter what the cost.

Christianity wants the warm fuzzy feeling even if it is a lie.

Here is a test for a christian. Tell them you saw Gods hand come down from the sky and move a car out of your way so you could get past it. Here is the important part, forget what they say and pay total attention to their reaction. This is best done in person.

Ridiculous, isn't it?

Maybe the best approach is to make more ridiculous claims, with their religion, than they do. Maybe, they might understand better?

Christians doubt god. I did and so many people that I talked to through the years admitted that they doubted at times also.There were hundreds of books written on doubt when I was a christian because I bought them all! Many christians refuse to go any further in questioning their faith in god. They want to keep their faith no matter what. And I don't blame many of them because I personally would have preferred that there was a god who was running this earth. Still wish that. But I have had to face the cold, hard facts..... and that is what most of them do not want to face. That's what I see anyway.......

If a person has never been part of Christian fundamentalism your post probably doesn't resonate with them. Unless you have been brainwashed & indoctrinated into a fundamentalist cult if would likely be difficult to truly understand that mindset. Fundamentalist live in a different reality where demons & angels are real & the Devil is out to steal your soul by deception & part of that deception is to convince people God & Jesus aren't real. Lack of faith (belief in God & Jesus to save you from your sins) is the ultimate & only unforgivable sin. That makes an un-believer a servant of the Devil & therefore someone to be feared.

• Like 1

How about this stupid anti-science, anti-rational and illogical shit?

"Since none of this [the true age of the Earth and the universe] can actually be known, what is the value in speculating about it?

From here... http://www.christianforums.com/threads/so-wheres-the-error-s.7903477/ post # 10, by Christus Discipulus.

Guess who EverettInterpretation really is!

wink.png

Whatever...I have said a lot of stupid stuff.

I do stay busy reading what Christians have written. 

Examples:

http://www.lifeingraceblog.com/2013/08/10-books-every-christian-should-read/

What would be a fundamental aspect of non-belief?

So you believe there are no fundamental aspects of non-belief? That somewhat resonates as stupid to me....just sayin

The fundamental aspect of non belief is, drum roll please... A lack of belief...!... Ta-da -!..?

Yeah, you totally got us there, we are soooo fucked by that admission... Like, hard... Um, forgive me, but, what's your point exactly?

• Like 2

So you believe there are no fundamental aspects of non-belief? That somewhat resonates as stupid to me....just sayin

Sorry, but there isn't any NOTgod who revealed his NOTword through the NOTbible so that we might not believe.

Look, this isn't difficult. If there is conversion to belief, then there may certainly be conversion to disbelief. For example, if a child is reared in belief, then any aspects of non-belief would be fundamental by default.

Having witnessed the mess here, there are many that come here and are "new" to the arguments. They are, imo, in the fundamental stage of atheism just as new converts are to fundamental Christianity.

Then legalism follows, and then maybe a more thought out conclusion.

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Omfg End. "Fundamental non-belief?" That's like saying that lacking belief is the same thing as having belief. It makes no sense. Rejecting theology and all of its tenets and fundamentals is the very definition of non-fundamentalism. To say that Atheism is a belief system is like saying that not playing sports is a sport. It makes no sense AT ALL.

Atheism begins and ends at "I don't believe god/s exist". There isn't anything beyond that. That's as fundamental as it gets.

The lack of belief in god/s doesn't lend itself to anything beyond not believing in gods. There is no legalistic atheism, atheism has no dogma, no inherent rules, no authority figures, no official philosophy that anyone has to follow. There's a reason claiming people are "fundamentalist atheists" get's a lot of mockery, it's redundant, and exposes the ignorance of those that use the term with any sort of seriousness.

That's not to say atheists as a byproduct of critical thought, logic, and reason, don't end up coming to common conclusions. But they aren't reached because someone told us what to think. And we certainly don't hold any ideas sacred, or at least not because of our atheism.

• Like 1

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Now, End, if you want to talk about secular humanism, which is an atheist wod view, that is a set of particular beliefs in which the people who fall under this system can be liberal or extreme, just like everything else. Secular Humanists believe in quite a lot, actually. Skepticism is another atheist world view, and they believe in practically nothing LOL. Party pooping skeptics. :P Buddhism is an atheist religion, and probably the only religion in the world I don't have a problem with. Are you starting to see, End?

"Atheism begins and ends at "I don't believe god/s exist". There isn't anything beyond that. That's as fundamental as it gets."

I agree with you TheOutsider.

Omfg End. "Fundamental non-belief?" That's like saying that lacking belief is the same thing as having belief. It makes no sense. Rejecting theology and all of its tenets and fundamentals is the very definition of non-fundamentalism. To say that Atheism is a belief system is like saying that not playing sports is a sport. It makes no sense AT ALL.

It's relative to the original set of beliefs. One would equally have to adopt the fundamental beliefs of non-belief....i.e. evolution vs...

Now, End, if you want to talk about secular humanism, which is an atheist wod view, that is a set of particular beliefs in which the people who fall under this system can be liberal or extreme, just like everything else. Secular Humanists believe in quite a lot, actually. Skepticism is another atheist world view, and they believe in practically nothing LOL. Party pooping skeptics. tongue.png Buddhism is an atheist religion, and probably the only religion in the world I don't have a problem with. Are you starting to see, End?

I might get your point, but I would think we would have to delve into what constitutes belief...which I care NOT to do...but again, per your example a religion would be more of a collective set of beliefs after the fundamental aspect has been considered. Maybe you see MY point...lol.

And fwiw....look at this damn site. You have supermods (elders), mods (deacons), members, tithing, and praising of the FSM. Need I say more.

Look, this isn't difficult. If there is conversion to belief, then there may certainly be conversion to disbelief. For example, if a child is reared in belief, then any aspects of non-belief would be fundamental by default.

Having witnessed the mess here, there are many that come here and are "new" to the arguments. They are, imo, in the fundamental stage of atheism just as new converts are to fundamental Christianity.

Then legalism follows, and then maybe a more thought out conclusion.

That is not what the word "fundamentalist" means.  Don't you realize there are actual traits of fundamentalist Christianity.  Things like believing the Bible is the inspired word of God have no corresponding component in "not belief".  You are making up meanings for words to suit your own agenda.

Guest sylensikeelyoo

It's relative to the original set of beliefs. One would equally have to adopt the fundamental beliefs of non-belief....i.e. evolution vs...

Evolution....is NOT....a belief. *deep breaths*

There is no debate about evolution, its a fact. And it has NOTHING to do with atheism.

Now, End, if you want to talk about secular humanism, which is an atheist wod view, that is a set of particular beliefs in which the people who fall under this system can be liberal or extreme, just like everything else. Secular Humanists believe in quite a lot, actually. Skepticism is another atheist world view, and they believe in practically nothing LOL. Party pooping skeptics. tongue.png Buddhism is an atheist religion, and probably the only religion in the world I don't have a problem with. Are you starting to see, End?

I might get your point, but I would think we would have to delve into what constitutes belief...which I care NOT to do...but again, per your example a religion would be more of a collective set of beliefs after the fundamental aspect has been considered. Maybe you see MY point...lol.

And fwiw....look at this damn site. You have supermods (elders), mods (deacons), members, tithing, and praising of the FSM. Need I say more.

So you are not really stupid . . . you are trying to be funny?   That is it.  You are joking around.  

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Hey. Hey End, now you're stepping on my toes here. Fuck off my Spaghetti Monster. Perhaps your lack of belief in his noodliness is testament to your true religion: "Nonbelievers in Spaghetti Monsterism"

HA! CHECKMATE AGAIN ATHEISTS

You forgot (god) Admin. But beyond the clever associations you have no point... The FSM is a tongue in cheek mockery of actual religion. May his noodley appendages touch you in the most intimate way.

"Atheism begins and ends at "I don't believe god/s exist". There isn't anything beyond that. That's as fundamental as it gets."

Oh god, OH GOD! I'm not prepared for this... Someone quick, what do I do? WHAT DO I DO?!? I'm panicking! Where the fuck is my towel?!?

I'm not actually panicking...

Oh god, OH GOD! I'm not prepared for this... Someone quick, what do I do? WHAT DO I DO?!? I'm panicking! Where the fuck is my towel?!?

That is the final sign of the NOTpocalypse!

That is the final sign of the NOTpocalypse!

Oh fuck, what have I done? Nothing will ever end again, everything will go on forever... It's, something!