Goodbye Jesus

The Cult Has No More Power Over Me

SerenelyBlue

That's great to hear, SerenelyBlue!  

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Fuck yeah SB!!! Welcome to the ranks of non-stampcollectors! It is the most fabulous of hobbies! We just live our lives, not collecting stamps! *heathen fist bump*

I think that hell may originally have been used to keep people in the church, and scare them into giving money. I'm sure there are current preachers who don't believe Christianity and are only in it for the money - have you seen John Oliver's new episode about televangelists? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg But I do think that most believe in hell. It should tell anyone everything they need to know about a religion if its members and leader really believe that people will be tortured forever for believing the wrong things. Indeed, that anyone would be tortured forever at all is bad enough.

I'm glad you have found peace out of the cult. Some might tell you that you are truly unhappy inside without Geezuz and your actions are a front. You know where they can stick it :)

Welcome, and glad that you've found a way to a peaceful outlook.  Freedom is a great thing.

Congratulations and welcome to the real world :)

Thanks very much to everyone :)

Welcome! Always great to hear another success story!

Welcome, and yes I agree, when the last piece of atheism finally fell into place for me, I was so happily done with xianity and the church.  I have felt calm and settled inside since then.  It's so nice not trying to wrap my mind around imaginary mental pretzels any longer.

• Like 1

The Greek version of the Bible translated "Sheol" as "Hades." Yet the Jewish conception of "Sheol" was nothing like the Greek mythology of "Hades." You might notice that all the figures in the Old Testament die and that's it. There is no "judgement and afterlife" for Abraham, David, Solomon, et al. 

Stupid Christians, who couldn't read Hebrew, based their entire theology on the Greek translation, and assumed that "Hades" was in the original. So their entire religion is based on a gross misconception of a word mistranslated to reflect a concept that we now consider Greek mythology. Bizarre. 

I'm so glad that you found peace outside of the controlling arms and eyes of religion! . Congratulations!