Goodbye Jesus

Defending Hell

SerenelyBlue

Come on Christians. I challenge you. Give me your best defense for Hell. The one you've brainwashed yourself with.

Bear in mind the place you are defending is a place of eternal torture that you couldn't even dream up. Good people will also be imprisoned in this place devoid of hope, is because they did not see the logic in God's plan of salvation. Think it through. Not as some abstract idea, but rather as a real phenomenon, like the air you breath.

Come on, let me hear how you defend such a horrible place and a being that could allow this...

Guest sylensikeelyoo

"Duuuuurrrr gaaaaawdz judgement is perfect, holy and righteous! He only sendz sinners who reject his ultimate sacrifice! It wasn't created for us, but for the devil and duh demunzzzz.....so if you go there, you're choosing to go! There is absolutely NOTHING fucked up about our logic....forget the fact that we totally swiped this idea from the Pagans and theres really no solid evidence in scripture to back up our claims about hell... Maybe some obscure passages that geezus said to illustrate a philosophical point, and a book of " apocalyptic prophesy" by a guy tripping balls off of shrooms. But that's really all we got. So, of you don't REPENT, YOU'RE GONNA BURRRRRRRRNNNNNNN!

:)

Hell is not eternal, God is. His presence is a consuming fire (you may look up the texts if you wish) when God unveils Himself completely then all who do wickedly will be consumed/destroyed. Every man will be awarded based on their works; since no man is inherently immortal then their wicked works are not everlasting, therefore they can't burn forever. That's such an evil teaching that makes God a monster!

That's ... utterly baffling, Thumbelina.  What trait distinguishes "non-wicked" from "wicked" mortals and allows them to survive exposure to divine radiation?

And what if someone has a passing wicked thought while in the presence of your god?  Do they abruptly do an involuntary Johnny Storm impersonation and flame on?

Hell is not eternal, God is. His presence is a consuming fire (you may look up the texts if you wish) when God unveils Himself completely then all who do wickedly will be consumed/destroyed. Every man will be awarded based on their works; since no man is inherently immortal then their wicked works are not everlasting, therefore they can't burn forever. That's such an evil teaching that makes God a monster!

Your personal interpretations of religious dogma still constitute religious dogma, and, as such, are simple blind assertions.

I don't even know where to start with this thread, so I think I am going to pass on this one.

The responses will be interesting. :)

Guest Furball

Hell is not eternal, God is.

Mark 9:43-48

And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched44Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched45And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched46Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. 47And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: 48Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Sounds like someone needs to read their bible again. 

As per your signature, It sounds like you need to take your own signatures advice. I really hate when christians come on here and say atheists don't know what the bible teaches and then they themselves proceed to make unbiblical statements, and completely butcher what the bible actually says. 

The hypocrisy is baffling.

• Like 2

Hi Astreja, we haven't "seen" each other in such a long time & you don't even offer me a handshake? wink.png

God is the judge. Having Faith is what brings Him close. Rightly understanding His Word encourages faith. Jesus' blood will cover the redeemed so they won't be consumed in God's presence.

God is cloaked but eventually He will unveil Himself. That's what the bible narrative says.

Guest Furball

Having Faith is what brings Him close.

Wrong again. Acts 17:28 makes the following statement : For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. 

We are already in god. Nothing we do brings him closer to us. If what you do, exercise faith etc. brought god closer, then it would be of works, no longer grace.

God is the fire, no one can quench Him. See Isaiah 33:14-15. The righteous can walk in the fire but the wicked will be consumed. The three Hebrew boys in the fiery furnace described in Daniel was a sort of example of this. They did not die or smell of smoke but the other people who threw them in died. Jesus came & covered those three boys because of their faith.

Oh, fuck yeah, I love blood soaked orgies! The irony smell is amazing right? Where do I sign up?

Wrong again. Acts 17:28 makes the following statement : For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. 

We are already in god. Nothing we do brings him closer to us. If what you do, exercise faith etc. brought god closer, then it would be of works, no longer grace.

Thumbelina: To be in Christ means to be live (believe) in Him by grace through FAITH which leads one to obey Him.

Guest Furball

Thumbelina: To be in Christ means to be live (believe) in Him by grace through FAITH which leads one to obey Him.

According to biblical theology, christ is god, therefore we are already in christ (god) just as the bible states it.

Good for you on rejecting the doctrine of eternal hell.

"According to biblical theology, christ is god, therefore we are already in christ (god) just as the bible states it"

No, all Creation are of Christ-meaning He is our Creator but only believers/sons (Romans 8:14) can be IN Christ. Christ told Nicodemus that he had to be born AGAIN. Paul was stating that since God made us we might as well be grateful and love Him in return .

Have you forgiven those people yet, Thumbelina?

The ones who you said must be disciplined?

So let's get this strait.  God hides from people but gives a message to an unlikely messenger.  Anybody who believes that message gets eternal reward for performing the service of belief.  (It doesn't make sense to reward someone for nothing yet belief is very near to nothing at all.)  But those who think the messenger looks like the thousands of false religions . . .  well God has decided that being confused is wicked so those "wicked" people get completely destroyed because God will reveal the truth to everyone once it is too late to change.  And all of this is because God is not a monster?

silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

• Like 1

Ah, yes. The never ending works vs grace debate. Ephesians says we are saved by faith through the grace of God not of works least no man can boast,.......but, but,.....but James, the Lords brother, says no, no, NO! We are saved by faith BUT not by faith alone.

And the faithful say there are no contradictions in scripture. Yep, noooooo contradictions or inconsistencies in scripture. Nope , not a single solitary one. The Bible is most definitely inerrant. I know that's true cause the preacher said so, and he's been to college so he knows what he's saying is true!? Yep, he sure does.

"According to biblical theology, christ is god, therefore we are already in christ (god) just as the bible states it"

No, all Creation are of Christ-meaning He is our Creator but only believers/sons (Romans 8:14) can be IN Christ. Christ told Nicodemus that he had to be born AGAIN. Paul was stating that since God made us we might as well be grateful and love Him in return .

So, do you, like... Use a strap on, or something? ... Kinky... Wait a minute, does that mean those catholic priests where doing it backwards?

And Yeah, might as well love a being that supposedly created you exactly the way he wanted, then gets furious at you for being exactly like he made you... But we can't possibly lay any responsibility for anything on god, no way, he's absolutely not responsible for everything that has happened because of his supposed actions... Right?

So, do you, like... Use a strap on, or something? ... Kinky... Wait a minute, does that mean those catholic priests where doing it backwards?

And Yeah, might as well love a being that supposedly created you exactly the way he wanted, then gets furious at you for being exactly like he made you... But we can't possibly lay any responsibility for anything on god, no way, he's absolutely not responsible for everything that has happened because of his supposed actions... Right?

Act excited.  Jesus is cuming soon.

Act excited.  Jesus is cuming soon.

Eh, I mean, the blood thing is kinda doing it for me, but the gay sex thing with a zombie is really killing it... Maybe there just needs to be more naked blood soaked twenty-something women in that imagery? Still, I don't know if I could actually get into that... Then again, I'm not a believer/son, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Hi Astreja, we haven't "seen" each other in such a long time & you don't even offer me a handshake? wink.png

God is the judge. Having Faith is what brings Him close. Rightly understanding His Word encourages faith. Jesus' blood will cover the redeemed so they won't be consumed in God's presence.

God is cloaked but eventually He will unveil Himself. That's what the bible narrative says.

Well, that doesn't help Me in the least.  I seem to be neurologically incapable of generating faith in the religious sense, I think the Bible is total nonsense, and getting covered in blood from a proxy human sacrifice is right out.

Guest Furball

Wrong again. I hate to keep arguing a mythological book, but the bible clearly states that we are IN god. Not that he simply is our creator. You cannot discard scripture to fit your own beliefs. Unfortunately this is why we have so many denominations. People like you interpret the bible according to their own desires and believe they have the truth while the rest of us don't have a clue. 

Jesus is the father, isaiah 9:6. For unto us a child is born (Jesus), unto us a son is given(Jesus): and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father(god), The Prince of Peace.

If we are in god, then jesus, also being god, we are in jesus as well. But this is where the bible paints itself into a corner with yet another of the over 1001 contradictions. 

You really need to stop privately interpreting the the bible and maybe get a commentary to help you. I recommend john gill or matthew henry commentaries.