Goodbye Jesus

Utah Man Justifies Child Molestation: ‘The Bible Did Not Set Limits On The Ages Between Two Partners’

Fweethawt

The "God told me to be a Pedophile" defense.  Yeah, that'll work.

You know, I don't know if the Bible did set limits on ages. Honest, I can't think of any. 

But godless heathen Utah does. Hang the idiot. After a fair trial, of course.

"He's a great guy. He's kind of a little crazy."

Ya think?!

Innocent people don't start off with "If I had, then it would not have been wrong".  That just isn't how innocent people think.

Innocent people don't start off with "If I had, then it would not have been wrong".  That just isn't how innocent people think.

Where do you get that from? I didn't see it in the article.  Just asking.

"Hell no, he ain't queer, that goat is female!"

Casey

• Like 1

"Butler told the judge that “the Bible did not set limits on the ages between two partners, and that God will set the truth free.”"

You have to read between the lines with Christianeese.  God is the ultimate moral authority.  God doesn't see this as wrong.  Therefore the law is wrong and this wasn't wrong.

The story is a bit confusing. It starts out saying he admitted it, then he talks about "the truth" will come out, then at the end his brother is saying he's innocent. Maybe he does admit doing it but believes he is "innocent" because the bible doesn't openly condemn it?

Yeah maybe a book of morals that doesn't forbid or even criticize pedophilia shouldn't be you go-to source for moral inspiration. the only thing i could think of that the bible says about that area is to obey the authority and laws of the land you live in. some people take it a step further and obey the authority and laws of the land they want to live in.

The bible is pretty clear on this:

Deuteronomy 22

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[c] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

He owes roughly $276.84 (I read 50 shekels is about 19.4 ounces of silver and the current price for silver was floating around $14.27/oz) per kid.  And they're married.  Exodus says they don't have to get married but he still has to pay.  It's up to the father whether he wants to sell or not.

So $553.68 in total.  That's a pretty hefty sum.  Hope it was worth it.  Plus maybe two brides you can't ever divorce (depending on whether their dad's decide to sell at that price).  The bible has really set this guy up for a world of hurt for his transgressions.

mwc

So maybe Romans 13 : 1 - 7 isn't in his Bible?