Goodbye Jesus

Conservative Christians Point Fingers At Atheists To Cover Growing Corruption In Church

Fweethawt

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

In a few hundred years, perhaps sooner, Roget's Thesaurus will equate Christianity with Narcissism.

Is it just me, or is that pic of Ken Copeland really scary?  eek.gif

• Like 3

Yeah, he looks like an evil baby eating Willem Dafoe...

Edit:

And apparently I'm a defacto Satanist. Who knew?

Guest Furball

That article was so bad i couldn't finish it. That georgia woman who was quoted should be forbidden to speak another word not only on facebook, but for the rest of her life. Their view of atheism is so warped by their christian brainwashing. Typical christian points of view from christians who have never read their bibles. Seriously? Atheists shake with contempt at love and decency? Where do these idiots come up with these false and made up accusations? In my 41 years of being alive on this ball of dirt called earth, christians are without a doubt, the stupidest branch of our species i have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. 

• Like 2

^ nicely said

Christianity -- at its core and throughout -- is all about shirking ones own personal responsibility.

It starts in the garden with its own god blaming innocence for wrongdoings. Then man blaming woman for wrongdoings. And the end is all about christ suffering for everybody's wrongdoings.

The theology is all about blaming someone else for something. Never once does it teach it's adherents how to practice personal responsibility which is exactly why these people can get away with blaming atheists for their own problems and their own followers will swallow it hook line and sinker.

Is it just me, or is that pic of Ken Copeland really scary?  eek.gif

I imagine that's what a fresh corpse would look like if you could reanimate it.

One of the best people I've ever met was an atheist. He was sweet and intelligent, and kind. He came out of a very rigid authoritarian xtian cult, and told me about his agony as he researched things and tried to find the answers, and the peace that came when he realized "There is no God".. I met and fell in love with him after this deconversion...but he told me he had been a bitter, ugly, hateful, angry man as a xtian, but as an atheist, he was joyful, accepting of others, warm, open, and caring. I knew this to be true, that joyful, accepting, warm stuff came at me in spades.

But I've heard what the article is saying, too. And I was appalled to read a few years ago about a street ministry/soup kitchen that refused to allow atheists to be part of their crew. And this is when I was still solid "inside the camp"...I just can't believe that Jesus intended people to be this hateful.

• Like 2