Goodbye Jesus

If I Was Jesus....

midniterider

Justus, your spelling is atrocious and you seem to be totally incapable of crafting a thoughful reply,  offering instead soundbites that make Baby Cthulhu cry.

You are not capable of convincing us that your beliefs are any more than mythological crap.  "Leave the building" for real.

Here's how.

Since God is eternal, he's always known who will be saved and who will be damned.

WRONG.  John 5:26

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

The Holy Ghost was born of the Eternal, but by departing the Eternal Nature he is him in 1 Tim 6:16

Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

No wonder you're view is skewed. eek.gif

What? Justus, you are denying that the Holy Ghost is eternal? It's not clear what you're saying about the Son, but you're denying that the Son is eternal as well?

Too bad the RC church has jolly old Pope Francis. Back in the days of the Inquisition, your ass would be frying at the stake. Heretic.

Here's how.

Since God is eternal, he's always known who will be saved and who will be damned.

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

The Holy Ghost was born of the Eternal, but by departing the Eternal Nature he is him in 1 Tim 6:16

Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

What? Justus, you are denying that the Holy Ghost is eternal? It's not clear what you're saying about the Son, but you're denying that the Son is eternal as well?

Too bad the RC church has jolly old Pope Francis. Back in the days of the Inquisition, your ass would be frying at the stake. Heretic.

Justus isn't a Christian.  Don't you remember, F?

His religion has to do with the Phasma.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink-winged_phasma

Phasma_logo_1.jpg

Ok Justus,

Just as you've stated.  

"There is no 10"

10. Justus posts preventing the souls of the posters from falling through the threads of the the space/time continuum and being lost in perpetuity to the abyss.

Wait a second folks, it looks like Justus is going back and deleting his post, that sorry bastard,  O dear LORD and wrestling fans  what can be said but the "O the Humanity"  but wait folks

whose to running into the ring, is it?  YES it is, it's the Night Stealer and he's got Justus in the middle of the ring and it looks like he asking him if he tried deleting his post, and Justus is shaking his head no,

and now Justus is down on his kneels still shaking his head as if he didnt'  "YEAH HE DID WE SEEN HIM!"  the fans are screaming as Justus continues to begging for mercy from the Night Stealer. but wait

O, Justus just delivers a low blow sending the Night Stealer to the canvas, O, the brutality as stomps on the Night Stealers head  before leaving the out the ring.  But wait the fans are chanting Psalms 119:89, Psalms 119:89

There!

# 10 no longer exists.

LeslieWave.gif

To late Justus already left the building..

"Too late.  Justus has already left the building."

There!

Corrected the spelling and the grammar for you, J.  wink.png

"Since Christianity is only in the mind anyway I think we can all come up with something better than the current version that has claimed the sanity of its adherents. Any more ideas ?"

~midniterider

You guys are playing this "What if.." game, but I agree...please more ideas.

I would like to hear it.

Please do post how you would deal (if you were Jesus) with humans, pain, suffering, evil, death, and how you would set things right.

That's what they were doing, jackwagon.  Are you trying to be relevant or something by giving your blessing to them to continue?

I believe IH's angle is that God exists but because he created rotten people there will still be problems on earth. I could be wrong though. smile.png Couldn't an all-knowing God create a utopia?

Yes indeed, Rider.  He could have created a utopia, just like that!  (Snaps fingers.)

Here's how.

He knew this before he created heaven and the physical universe.  (Using the word, 'before' somewhat loosely.)

So, instead of creating ALL of the angels and EVERY human being, he should have created ONLY those angels and humans he foreknew would want to be with him.

This is the perfect utopia.

Satan, the fallen angels and every human who doesn't want to be with god in heaven... never exist.

They remain unexpressed thoughts in the eternal mind of god.

A mind which knows good and evil, but which only ever does the good.  

Genesis 3 : 22  And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil."

In this utopia, god doesn't have to express the potential for evil in his mind by actually creating anything that will become evil.

Nor does he have to honor the free choices of the damned by sending them to hell for all eternity.

A non-existent person (angel or human) cannot have their free will violated.

Only a living, existing person with free will can have their free will violated.

In this utopia, everyone who exists gets exactly what god foreknew they would have chosen anyway - to be with him forever.

In this utopia, god only creates things which are good and which stay good... forever.

In this utopia, no human or angel ever does anything other than that which is good.

In this utopia, there's no need for an eternal hell where humans and angels suffer endless torment.

So why didn't Biblegod do this?  Wendyshrug.gif

Thanks,

BAA.

Hey, thanks, BAA.  So, God just looks ahead and only creates the ones who will actually be decent people. Poof, Utopia. The key would be omniscience. Good job, sir.

Seems like some Christians will say the world 1) is fucked up and 2) somehow God is still running the show, cant' fix it, his hands are tied. (edit)

"God has a wonderful plan for your life" but (in a whiny snivelly voice) "Yes, the world is a mess, how is God supposed to fix THAAAAAT? Humans are mean but God promised to give them free will (even though tsunamis sorta short circuit that idea) so he just HAS to let them be mean." haha

So bible God is afraid to step on our free will while we're alive but sends us to the incinerator upon death. Isn't this rather contradictory? Going to hell violates my free will! Hey, I got rights!! lololol.

(I digress)

• Like 2

"Since Christianity is only in the mind anyway I think we can all come up with something better than the current version that has claimed the sanity of its adherents. Any more ideas ?"

~midniterider

You guys are playing this "What if.." game, but I agree...please more ideas.

I would like to hear it.

Please do post how you would deal (if you were Jesus) with humans, pain, suffering, evil, death, and how you would set things right.

That's what they were doing, jackwagon.  Are you trying to be relevant or something by giving your blessing to them to continue?

I believe IH's angle is that God exists but because he created rotten people there will still be problems on earth. I could be wrong though. smile.png Couldn't an all-knowing God create a utopia?

Maybe God did create a utopia. Maybe he likes starving children, disease, war, and all the other goodies.

IH can blame those things on the 'fall' and 'free will' but that of course would mean that God is not in total control of everything, or if God didn't create those things and make them happen, there must be another creator around somewhere. 

BAA: Turkeys go gobble gobble.

Justus: WRONG! Coffee is brown. Boom! In your face!

Dude:

"Maybe God did create a utopia. Maybe he likes starving children, disease, war, and all the other goodies.

Could be. :)

IH can blame those things on the 'fall' and 'free will' but that of course would mean that God is not in total control of everything, or if God didn't create those things and make them happen, there must be another creator around somewhere."

Being a Christian is tough. You have to juggle the ideas that God is in control, lets bad things happen, is BOUND by the law of human free will, yet he's awesome and almighty! Yayyy.

• Like 1

IH, can God do whatever he wants? And if so, can he ignore the bible? Can God just say, "You know, we're going to ignore that scripture today. Just take the magic marker and black it out. It's irrelevant."

Would you rather worship a God that is fresh and today, able to adapt to new things and roll with the times?

Or would you rather worship a God from a book?

Heb 13:8 , Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever....sorry that's just not a good thing imo. Let's leave the Iron Age/Bronze Age behind.

• Like 2

Here's how.

First, Maybe before we question someone else's faith, maybe we should start with our own.  And second, it Mr. F. N. Heretic to you.  

A hot heart, not real smart.

Ok Justus,

Just as you've stated.  

"There is no 10"

10. Justus posts preventing the souls of the posters from falling through the threads of the the space/time continuum and being lost in perpetuity to the abyss.

Wait a second folks, it looks like Justus is going back and deleting his post, that sorry bastard,  O dear LORD and wrestling fans  what can be said but the "O the Humanity"  but wait folks

whose to running into the ring, is it?  YES it is, it's the Night Stealer and he's got Justus in the middle of the ring and it looks like he asking him if he tried deleting his post, and Justus is shaking his head no,

and now Justus is down on his kneels still shaking his head as if he didnt'  "YEAH HE DID WE SEEN HIM!"  the fans are screaming as Justus continues to begging for mercy from the Night Stealer. but wait

O, Justus just delivers a low blow sending the Night Stealer to the canvas, O, the brutality as stomps on the Night Stealers head  before leaving the out the ring.  But wait the fans are chanting Psalms 119:89, Psalms 119:89

There!

# 10 no longer exists.

LeslieWave.gif

To late Justus already left the building..

"Too late.  Justus has already left the building."

There!

Corrected the spelling and the grammar for you, J.  wink.png

If you knew what it meant, seems you would have known why too.  Look forward to your response to the question posted regarding Earth's Water- Origin.  

BAA: Turkeys go gobble gobble.

Justus: WRONG! Coffee is brown. Boom! In your face!

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, THE CAPS ARE STUCK.

"IH, can God do whatever he wants?"

~midniterider

Here's a good reply to that question.

from:  https://talkingworldviews.wordpress.com/2013/02/22/my-response-to-the-questions-can-god-do-anything-he-wantscan-god-do-anything/

Can God do anything He wants?

Yes, God can do anything He wants: “Our God is in the heavens; He does all that He pleases.” (Psalms 115:3). Furthermore the scriptures teach: “Whatever the Lord pleases, He does, in heaven and on earth, in the seas and all deeps” (Psalms 135:6). Notice however, that asking “Can God do anything He wants?” is fundamentally different than asking “Can God do anything?”

Can God do anything?

No, God cannot do literally anything. For the scriptures are clear when it says, “It is impossible for God to lie” (Hebrews 6:18). Furthermore, the scriptures say, “In hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began” (Titus 1:2). God can and does do anything He wants, but God cannot do or want something contrary to His own nature. Because God is truth (John 14:6) He can never lie. God cannot steal, for all things belong to Him anyway (Psalm 24:1). God cannot make a square circle or a married bachelor. For to do so would violate logic, which is a natural reflection of God’s very own thinking. God does not violate logic. However, God did not create logic, rather logic is just a reflection of His thinking.

By the very nature of the case, God is an orderly, rational and logical being. Scriptures say, “In the beginning was the Word ( λόγος) and the Word (λόγος) was with God, and the Word (λόγος) was God” (John 1:1). The Greek word for “Word” is λόγος or logos; which can carry the meaning of reason/logic. “In the beginning was the reason/logic/mind of God” (my paraphrase). John borrows the Greek word logos from the Stoic school of philosophy, a group who believed that the world was governed by an impersonal rational principle. To combat this false school of Greek philosophy, John borrows their own terminology (ex: logos=impersonal rational principle) and fills it with Christian meaning thus explaining what the Greek Stoics had distorted.

Therefore, “In the beginning was the Word (the personal rational mind of God), the Word was with God, and the Word was God…verse 14, “and the Word became flesh”. Thus the impersonal rational principle that the Greeks believed in, was revealed by John to be the one true personal rational God who took the form of flesh and came as the person of Christ; the God-man. Therefore, logic and rationality can be said to be just one of God’s attributes. Since God never violates His own attributes, and reason and logic are among His attributes, than it logically follows that God cannot violate reason or logic.

Thanks IH. Let me rephrase my question. Can God disregard the bible?  If he is unable to disregard the bible and make decisions and actions based on what's going on today then why bother with him? The bible is obsolete.

Regarding lying, isn't telling Abraham to sacrifice his son extremely dishonest? If God honestly wanted Abraham to kill his son then just changed his mind , he's not worth worshiping. If he never really did want Abraham to kill his son then that was a lie.

• Like 1

C'mon lions, don't you know the bible is true because they keep quoting from the bible?

Just take it on faith that the sun revolves around the earth. 

God cannot lie?

Oh yes God can!

1 Kings 22:23   God sent a lying spirit to make a prophet tell lies.

2 Cron 18:22  God makes prophets lie

Jeremiah 4:10  God deceives people.

Jeremiah 20:7 God deceives a prophet.

Ezekiel  If a prophet is deceived then God is the one who did the deceiving.

2 Tim 2:11 God sends a strong delusion so that people will believe a lie.

If God hates lies then why does God cause so much lying and deception?

God is a big fat liar and the bigest lies God tells are when God says he cannot lie.

DERP!  DERP!   I cannot lie so you must believe me when I tell you that I cannot lie.    DERP!  DERP!

• Like 4

God cannot lie?

Oh yes God can!

1 Kings 22:23   God sent a lying spirit to make a prophet tell lies.

2 Cron 18:22  God makes prophets lie

Jeremiah 4:10  God deceives people.

Jeremiah 20:7 God deceives a prophet.

Ezekiel  If a prophet is deceived then God is the one who did the deceiving.

2 Tim 2:11 God sends a strong delusion so that people will believe a lie.

If God hates lies then why does God cause so much lying and deception?

God is a big fat liar and the bigest lies God tells are when God says he cannot lie.

DERP!  DERP!   I cannot lie so you must believe me when I tell you that I cannot lie.    DERP!  DERP!

Thanks, MM. IH? Comments?