Goodbye Jesus

Does God Tell People To Convert With Signs

Guest Ask21771

Guest Ask21771

today I was listening to this r & b station when suddenly they played this gospel song whose lyrics were very specific to my situation I don't believe in coincidence so know I'm deathly afraid please help me

You answered your own question in your OP.

"today I was listening to this r & b station when suddenly they played this gospel song whose lyrics were very specific to my situation I don't believe in coincidence so know I'm deathly afraid please help me "

You have chosen to see these experiences as having personal meaning, I'm not trying to be callous here - but the phrase, "I don't believe" is the foundation of your fear. It is very possible that the song was just that.. randomly played at a time when it made sense to you in your situation...You chose to see it as a message from.... whatever you believe is 'guiding' you.

I get that sometimes - though I'm much more inclined now to reject the negative ones. If you are new to Ex-Christian... please know these things don't just go away, they fade slowly as we embrace a more rational way of seeing the world... coincidences do happen, and probabilities abound. Confirmation bias is a very real thing.

What you feel is real, and music is powerful in inciting emotions, but I can assure you the song was NOT played just to give you a message - it was just played and your emotional and psychological state at the time grabbed on it to make sense of your world at the moment, even if not entirely positive. FEAR is one of the hardest traits of religious indoctrination to overcome... but it does happen.

Peace... it takes time.

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken you posted something similar the other day. Stop freaking out. it's ok. I have been there. A god that really gave a shit about whether or not you went to hell would tell everyone straight up what their options were. They wouldn't force people to guess and worry and make decisions about every aspect of their lives based off of an ancient book written by uneducated people. Try watching some comedy. That was my best therapy. These are illusions. If you can't see through them, and they are causing you anguish, don't look at them for now. Distract yourself. And please do get professional help from a secular therapist if you go on experiencing things like this and what you described the other day!

• Like 3

Just tell me how the bible says God gets people to convert

Why would it matter what the Bible says about God?  The Bible and God are superstition.  Ask, you need to see somebody who specializes in religious trauma.  I know you don't like that answer but the way to overcome your fear of imaginary things is to realize they are imaginary.

Why is it that you do not believe in coincidences?  Maybe we can get you started in the right direction by exploring that.

If you want to help me ANSWER MY QUESTION HOW DOES THE BIBLE SAY GOD CONVERTS PEOPLE

By God showing up in person.  God shows up in a burning bush.  Or Jesus teleports into a locked room and lets people put their finger through the nail holes in his hands.  Or God parts the Red Sea and destroys the Egyptian army while the Hebrews watch.  Or God sends mana from heaven to prevent people from starving.  Or Jesus touches people and takes away their disease or heals the people who have lost limbs.

In the Bible, God has magic powers and he shows up in person.  In real life God never shows up and doesn't do anything.

• Like 2

We can answer your question, but first, why exactly do you want to know what the BIBLE says about this? If you are afraid then you are going to read into anything it says, just like you are reading into the song playing on the radio.

Guest Ask21771

We can answer your question, but first, why exactly do you want to know what the BIBLE says about this? If you are afraid then you are going to read into anything it says, just like you are reading into the song playing on the radio.

Because I can't find any other explanation and I know for sure it wasn't coincidence and it wasn't the law of attraction because I hadn't even thought about anything bible related since the incident a few days ago

nvm. just listen to mymistake. they have got this shit covered

I don't think anybody is treating this like a joke.  What do you mean that you know for sure it wasn't a coincidence?

Guest Ask21771

I don't think anybody is treating this like a joke.  What do you mean that you know for sure it wasn't a coincidence?

The lyrics were way too specific

Dude. I have been there it is no joke. I was thoroughly programmed in the most horrendous ways. And I made it out. And in response to not finding another explanation, Please listen VERY, VERY CAREFULLY to what i am about to say 

The lyrics were way too specific

What if you are wrong?  What would it take for you to realize you are wrong?

To answer your earlier question, the Bible says nothing about synchronicity.  It is a concept that was beyond the writer's understanding. 

Guest Ask21771

Another explanation like the law of attraction or somethin get but the law of attraction doesn't make sense here because like I said I hadn't thought about anything Christian related since the incident a few days ago

When you say you couldn't find another explanation, you should stop right there, and try to get used to existing comfortably in that feeling uncertainty. if you stick with it long enough, it becomes extremely freeing. You say you know for sure.. you cannot know anything for sure. According to reason, according to the bible, anything, It is not possible to be certain. It is ok not to know! It's incredible not to know! you can squirm and flail and struggle and succumb to whatever belief system you think will give you respite but that wont change a damn thing. You still will not know. If you MUST have a god to worship, let it be your uncertainty. It's certainly not going to send you to hell for making the wrong guess about the nature of the universe in your own mind. stop scrambling and grasping at straws. that kind of desperation to rationalize what cannot be known is likely the cause of religion in the first place

Better yet something that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that no form of Christianity is real at all

The Problem of Evil proves that the Christian concept of God cannot exist.

Science proves that there was no Garden of Eden.   

No Garden of Eden  =>   No Fall from Grace  =>  No Original Sin  =>  No need for atonement  =>  Jesus died for nothing  =>  No reason to become a Christian

Archeology demonstrates that the Bible is put together from various older works stolen from older cultures.

Would any of these things help?

Edit:

How about the way the Old Testament God is a angry dictator who is always smiting people but Jesus is about love, compassion and forgiveness?  And they are suppose to be the same God who never changes?  That doesn't make a bit of sense.

How about the main purpose of the Bible is to have humans become saved yet the Bible cannot agree on how to be saved?  The Bible is constantly disagreeing with itself about it's very own core theme.  Or corse it is because it was written by God who is perfect but writes like he never made it past third grade.

How about the way every promise the Bible makes about life on Earth is a complete failure.  Christians do not live any better than anybody else.  They do not get changed into new creatures despite the Bible's promises.  And forget about all the claims about miracle help.  It never happens.  If the Bible fails us in this life then wouldn't everything it says about an "afterlife" be just as unreliable?

Guest Ask21771

When you say you couldn't find another explanation, you should stop right there, and try to get used to existing comfortably in that feeling uncertainty. if you stick with it long enough, it becomes extremely freeing. You say you know for sure.. you cannot know anything for sure. According to reason, according to the bible, anything, It is not possible to be certain. It is ok not to know! It's incredible not to know! you can squirm and flail and struggle and succumb to whatever belief system you think will give you respite but that wont change a damn thing. You still will not know. If you MUST have a god to worship, let it be your uncertainty. It's certainly not going to send you to hell for making the wrong guess about the nature of the universe in your own mind. stop scrambling and grasping at straws. that kind of desperation to rationalize what cannot be known is likely the cause of religion in the first place

When someone threatens me with an eternity of pain and misery IT IS NOT OK NOT TO KNOW you wanna help prove that Christianity can't be true or give me another explanation for what happened to me today

When someone threatens me with an eternity of pain and misery IT IS NOT OK NOT TO KNOW you wanna help prove that Christianity can't be true or give me another explanation for what happened to me today

You heard a random song on the radio and it reminded you about your own life.  This triggered a phobia that was implanted in you by religious indoctrination.

If you would tell me the song maybe looking up the lyrics will allow us to go through them line by line and then you can see.