Goodbye Jesus

Don't Microwave Sausage Rolls - It'll Upset Other Faiths! New Guidelines On Communal Kitchen Etiquette For The Workplace Are Suggested

Fweethawt

How about these people of other faiths stop "honor killing" their sisters and stop circumcising their minors in order to not offend my faith?

Oh and stop building communities on other people's land.  And stop having "Holy wars".  The two worst cultures on the planet want to tell me what to eat.

• Like 1

Wendywhatever.gif

Funny how the CoExist people are backing this. You'd think they would be saying that people of all faiths should respect each other, which doesn't include anyone going out of their way not to do normal things that might piss off somebody else.

Should female employees be segregated from the male ones so the Muslim/Jewish men don't have to interact with a woman? Makes sense, by this logic.

And of course all women should veil themselves too

Keep in mind this is from the Daily Mail.

Are there any other sources reporting this?

Guest Furball

How much longer are we going to let other people's faith (magical thinking) control our everyday lives?

GOD: "I am not letting you into the promised land because you microwaved a sausage roll."

This crap is starting to sound like religious OCD. 

I don't care if what i eat or do upsets your religious beliefs, fuck you, you don't own me. 

Grow Up!

I used to share a workplace with some Seventh Day Adventists. I never ran into a bunch of people so intent on forcing others to 'respect' their dietary laws. It got so we pretty much had to stop bringing in any food to share- it was always 'how did you make this? What's in it? We had a Jewish guy there at the same time and he thought it was silly- said they needed to chill out, but they never did. 

Good point.

The Daily Mail is notorious for generating lies, lies and more lies.

Came here to point that out.

• Super Moderator

Considering the source, I hesitate to believe the story is true. The sad thing is, I do believe it COULD be true.

www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/dont-microwave-sausage-rolls-new-guidelines-issued-on-what-not-to-do-in-work-communal-kitchens-a6679806.html

Is that source credible? I don't know much about journalism in the UK. But when I searched "sausage roll ban work", the first hit was from endtimeheadlines.org - fundies and their terribly ironic fear of being oppressed. So I'm not sure how much faith to put in this claim.

I feel a little awkward when I'm eating ham or bacon at my desk because the coworker that sits closest to me is Muslim. That doesn't stop me from eating delicious pig meat though.

Now that I think about it, it's weird I'm self conscious about the pork but I'm definitely not worried at all about my sinful hair showing.

I feel a little awkward when I'm eating ham or bacon at my desk because the coworker that sits closest to me is Muslim. That doesn't stop me from eating delicious pig meat though.

Now that I think about it, it's weird I'm self conscious about the pork but I'm definitely not worried at all about my sinful hair showing.

I worked with someone (unknown religious status) who decided eating animals was bad from an ideological standpoint. Now and again they looked at the hunk of meat on my plate and would grimace ... much the same way the Catholic would grimace when I said, "Jesus Fucking Christ." I suppose it all equaled out when one of them disparaged men and I just sorta laughed it off. 

It's refreshing to not be controlled by arbitrary (and therefore absurd) religious rules.