Goodbye Jesus

Just A Piece Of My Rediculous History

DivineBlasphemer

Hello, i have just stumbled across this sight, and I immediately needed to sign up and make this. My entire family history has been based around Christianity, more specifically Baptist. I along with all of my family members have been bought up to believe that Christ is the ONE TRUE "God" and to study "His" Word.

As a child, i was a church goer and I truly believe in God. However, I never grasped the concept of prayer. To me, the idea of thinking really hard about forgiveness and mercy and occasionally hoping to bring yourself good fortune was utter nonsense. I would attribute that concept the The Force, not prayer. I was homeschooled through most of my elementary years, not because i was a shut in, it was because i developed pneumonia in my late kindergarten year and developed asthmatic cough. My education from my mother was sufficient but once i got into a real school, things went south.

I got into a private school when i was going into the 5th grade and the amount of indoctrination that went on was unbelievable. Because of their strict religious rules, my scientific education was ruined beyond belief because like most private schools, they only teach you the concepts of Natural Selection and evolution but they dont go into detail. Luckily for me, the school closed down and i am now a junior in another private school which practices "slain in the Spirit" in their ministries. If it werent for me being on the fence about my religion, i would still believe it, luckily i made up my mind. Since i made up my mind i have looked into the works of the late Christopher Hitchens, i have watched debates with Richard Dawkins, Lawrence Krauss and Sam Haris.

• Like 1

Welcome Gromit!  Nice to hear from you.

Welcome, Gromit!  I recommend reading Bart Ehrman and John Loftus.

Go to youtube and do a search for 'atheist experience' with Matt Dilahunty and watch the brief (under 12 minutes) videos where Matt talks to mostly believer callers. There are hundreds of them and I've never seen Matt, the host, in a tight spot yet with his common sense approach and he takes on ANY caller.

Hey welcome to Ex-C, glad you found the site.

Thank you all for your feedback :)

Welcome, Gromit, and congrats for figuring it out so soon!

Welcome to Ex-c Gromit! Thank you for sharing. I could relate. Most of us can relate. And that's the wonderful thing about this site! We relate to each other.

I sure hope you decide to stick around for awhile. This site is full of education on the christian god we've were duped into believing. Glad you are here with us my friend!!

(hug)

Welcome to ex-c. Coming to that conclusion of deconversion is always hard, even though you sound like u never really were a Christian to begin with. Seeing the indoctrination around u is so annoying and frustrating...I was brainwashed by the indoctrination and I began to believe that almost everything I wanted to do with my life was "not in God's plan" "selfish lust of the flesh" or "temptation". It made my world black and white when it comes to morality. I realized I was living in a delusion when I believed that the God of the whole universe gave a shit that I had sex before marriage, that I'm with an unbeliever, that I went to a good church, etc. Why would the God of the whole entire universe care? And why does God say these things are wrong when he did those same things? For example God commands Christians to strictly tame your anger, but yet the God of the bible is one of the most angry characters I've read about. Hes against gluttony but yet he wants us to give him all the credit for everything, and to devote our lives to him so we won't be in the sinful nature that God himself gave us in the first place. It just doesn't add up. Sorry for that rant it was my way of saying I empathize with how fucked up it is to see so many ppl indoctrinated into one way of viewing the world, not caring to learn about other things like science

Welcome.

The idea of being in a Christian educational establishment is truly horrifying.  Still, it will come to an end eventually.

For example God commands Christians to strictly tame your anger, but yet the God of the bible is one of the most angry characters I've read about. Hes against gluttony but yet he wants us to give him all the credit for everything, and to devote our lives to him so we won't be in the sinful nature that God himself gave us in the first place. It just doesn't add up. Sorry for that rant it was my way of saying I empathize with how fucked up it is to see so many ppl indoctrinated into one way of viewing the world, not caring to learn about other things like science

Thank you all

I agree with FlowerDemon. The high school i currently go to can blindly teach over Exodus and completely fail to acknowledge the disgusting laws set forth for us to follow. The one thing that teases my mind is, if God set forth these kinds of laws and demand that every generation from then to the end of time follow them, why would he not take into consideration that these generations would change in time. If you ask me, it sounds like this "God" figure was a regular every day man.

• Like 1