Goodbye Jesus

Million Dollar Baby - Clint Eastwood Movie (2004)

Overcame Faith

This is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. You can read more about it here, as well as see the trailer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405159/

I watched it on Netflix. I had seen it come up as a recommendation several times, but wasn't too interested in watching a movie about boxing. Last night I thought what the heck and began watching. It captured me. The actors include some of the best, Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman (who also narrates with that great voice of his) and Hillary Swank who was no less than brilliant.

It is a riveting movie. Whoever watches it or has already watched it, no spoilers please.

This movie goes into my personal top 10 movies right along with Laurence of Arabia, Dr. Zhivago, and other greats. In fact, I am going to watch it a few more times this weekend because I want to pay more attention to some of the details.

On a ten point scale, I give this one a clean ten.

You gave it about ten more than I would.  It honestly didn't do anything for me.

OK. I'm going to have to watch this!! I'll let you know what I think! I'm certainly glad that you enjoyed it O,F!! 

((hug))

You gave it about ten more than I would.  It honestly didn't do anything for me.

Sorry you didn't take to the movie. I guess it all comes down to personal preference. Actually, the reason I avoided it so long was because I thought it would be one of those "Rocky" type of movies only substitute a female boxer. I must say that I was caught completely off guard for what awaited me in that movie.

OK. I'm going to have to watch this!! I'll let you know what I think! I'm certainly glad that you enjoyed it O,F!! 

((hug))

I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know what you think.

I also loved that movie, if that's the right term for it. Very well made. I probably won't watch it again for 15 years or so, just isn't one that I'd watch on a whim.

It's been a long time since I watched it.  While it wouldn't make my all-time top 10 list I thought it was a very good movie and certainly worth seeing in the theater at full price.  It had great acting and good characters.  Really the only reason it didn't do more for me is that I am not that into sports movies.  So maybe I would give it 8 out of 10.  Definitely rent it before netflix ditches it.

It's a good film. Eastwood has come out with a few good ones. I really liked Gran Torino too.

If anyone is looking for another good film, the new film Dope! is pretty much dope.

I saw this on a list of "Best movies never to watch again" because they were so disturbing. Is that right?

I saw this on a list of "Best movies never to watch again" because they were so disturbing. Is that right?

I wouldn't call the movie disturbing. I'd say it's deep and emotional. It leaves you with a lot to think about. I have watched it twice now, and intend to watch it several more times to try and pick up on some of the nuances.

I would watch it again.  I won't spoil it for anybody but there are heart wrenching moments.

It's a Hollywood movie - that's as condemning for me as anything I could say about it.