Goodbye Jesus

My School Sermon Topics

DivineBlasphemer

Today we are talking about ephesians about sexual impurity or greed. The person speaking says that we are to be different than the "world". It is as if everybody outside of ur little christian circle commits these crimes all the time, and nobody is clean of these crimes.

I will be posting our topics as often as i can. I created this topic as a dicussion. As i post these topics on this thread, u can talk about it amonst yourselves. Have fun :)

She talked about how her child was in the hospital and how she thanked god about her miraculous recovery. Dont thank God, thank the doctor, u ignorant fuck.

She milked the teat of guilt saying that God loves us even though we sin and are imperfect in EVERY way. Man, i feel like i betrayed my creator......... Not

She talked about how her child was in the hospital and how she thanked god about her miraculous recovery. Dont thank God, thank the doctor, u ignorant fuck.

Did she thank god for putting her in the hospital in the first place? Nothing happens without God willing it, so whatever happened to her child was done by the hand of God!

• Like 2

Did she thank god for putting her in the hospital in the first place? Nothing happens without God willing it, so whatever happened to her child was done by the hand of God!

everything happens in god's plan, but we also have free will lmao!

actually when i was in my middle school youth group, i asked my group leader about that while we were driving to church. "if everything is in gods plan, does god know what i'm about to do right now?" she said "yes, god has a plan for you and everything that happens is a part of his plan." i said "let's say I was about to take off my seatbelt just now, and then changed my mind and didn't do it. did god know i was going to do that?" she stuttered and didn't know how to reply. "well, yes, it's hard to explain but even though you choose what decisions you make, god always knows what they're going to be." i remember how much that concept blew my mind back then, i must have been in the 6th grade. looking back at it now, the concept doesn't make any sense. if i have the power to choose to do something, then how is it all a part of god's plan? what if i stabbed somebody? was that a part of his plan too? 

and technically everything that happens is something that God wills, because it's in his plan. I think I wrote a post about this a few weeks ago. PSALM 139:15-16 states: 

15 My frame was not hidden from you

when I was made in the secret place,

when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed body;

all the days ordained for me were written in your book

before one of them came to be.

So God knew how all of the days of each person would pan out, even though we are still in control of the decisions we make in our daily lives. This includes the dark days, like say a mother's child goes to the hospital dying of some illness. All of the days ordained for that person were "written in God's book" before one of them came to be.

She milked the teat of guilt saying that God loves us even though we sin and are imperfect in EVERY way. Man, i feel like i betrayed my creator......... Not

i must reply to this also! recently i had an epiphany about imperfection. imperfection is not bad like many Christians view it. nobody is perfect. not even nature is perfect...i mean look at how the grass dies and natural disasters happen,etc. it's obvious we live in an imperfect world, and the bible was written and handled by imperfect men. in fact, the God in the bible is not perfect even though the bible says he is. For example he started a flood because he was unhappy with his creation of sinful people and had to "start over."

imperfection is not something to be viewed as "a sinful flaw of humanity," and that you must repent in order to be more perfect like christ. Imperfection is something to embrace. every human being on earth has that one thing in common, we're all imperfect beings and we will always be that way. 

since ive left the faith, ive been able to accept myself for who i am, instead of trying to get rid of my "sins" in my life, to be more perfect like christ. i've also quit beating myself up for mistakes. i've become a nurturing mother to myself, i take every mistake as a life lesson and forgive myself and move on. i'd rather be myself than try to be like someone written in a book whom might have never existed. i've come to acceptance of the "flaws" and "imperfections" about myself because they exist for a reason: because i'm human. i should not deny myself and revolve my morality and my world views and my thinking around one book/one religion, seeing my human nature as something to be ashamed of.

Do you ever get the impression that the book Ephesians was written by a pervert?  Serious question.  Whoever Paul was, he seemed to have many issues.  Hates women, shuns sex, wound up so tight he is about to snap, makes up vague phrases (Thorne in the flesh) to hide his darkest secret.  A guy doesn't focus that much on sex without a reason.

Do you ever get the impression that the book Ephesians was written by a pervert?  Serious question.  Whoever Paul was, he seemed to have many issues.  Hates women, shuns sex, wound up so tight he is about to snap, makes up vague phrases (Thorne in the flesh) to hide his darkest secret.  A guy doesn't focus that much on sex without a reason.

people also thought paul was insane (and he probably was)

Acts 26:24 "At this point Festus interrupted Paul's defense. "You are out of your mind, Paul!" he shouted. "Your great learning is driving you insane."

2 Corinthians 5:13 "If we are "out of our mind," as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you."

Of course! Our school relies on God for everything, and this isnt an exaggeration in the least.

I quote "maybe God will bless us with some new classrooms, amen?" With the biggest shit eating grin

• Like 1

i must reply to this also! recently i had an epiphany about imperfection. imperfection is not bad like many Christians view it. nobody is perfect. not even nature is perfect...i mean look at how the grass dies and natural disasters happen,etc. it's obvious we live in an imperfect world, and the bible was written and handled by imperfect men. in fact, the God in the bible is not perfect even though the bible says he is. For example he started a flood because he was unhappy with his creation of sinful people and had to "start over."

imperfection is not something to be viewed as "a sinful flaw of humanity," and that you must repent in order to be more perfect like christ. Imperfection is something to embrace. every human being on earth has that one thing in common, we're all imperfect beings and we will always be that way. 

since ive left the faith, ive been able to accept myself for who i am, instead of trying to get rid of my "sins" in my life, to be more perfect like christ. i've also quit beating myself up for mistakes. i've become a nurturing mother to myself, i take every mistake as a life lesson and forgive myself and move on. i'd rather be myself than try to be like someone written in a book whom might have never existed. i've come to acceptance of the "flaws" and "imperfections" about myself because they exist for a reason: because i'm human. i should not deny myself and revolve my morality and my world views and my thinking around one book/one religion, seeing my human nature as something to be ashamed of.

And imperfection is what makes each of us ourselves.  If we were all perfect, we'd all be the same.  

I don't think imperfect is a good word to describe people anyway.  We do make mistakes, but we usually do what we think is best at the time.  Then we can look back and learn from what we've done (or even from what others have done) and we can grow.  I think people in general are trying to do the best they can in most circumstances, and often do look at the results and make some changes from there.

The point is, it's perfectly human to make mistakes and grow.  And life is about learning and growing.  It's not sin.  It's life.

• Like 1

I will be posting here tomorrow, so keep a look out for a new topic

Not much of a new sermon today. Just a rehash of Ephesians talking about conforming to the world and living to God's standard

Also about how every since we were in the womb, God planned our personality, traits and attributes. Because DNA and genetics don't work that way.....

Of course! Our school relies on God for everything, and this isnt an exaggeration in the least.

I quote "maybe God will bless us with some new classrooms, amen?" With the biggest shit eating grin

Why do you go to this school?  Do you have other choices?

Why do you go to this school? Do you have other choices?

The education is good

Not much of a new sermon today. Just a rehash of Ephesians talking about conforming to the world and living to God's standard

i always thought it was funny how Christians saw the rest of the world as "conforming", and instead of being of the world, Christians have to "not conform" by living up to God's standards.

Christianity is one of the most popular religions in the world. It is only one religion/one worldview out of the thousands of others. It's arrogant to believe that people who are not Christians are "of this world of sin" and are wicked and sinful. It's like saying "only people with blonde hair will go to heaven, meanwhile everyone else will go to hell unless they go to a salon and get their hair bleached."

I was taught in church that everyone needs Christ and Christians must always pray for people who don't know him and they must help lead them to Christ. Even when I believed all of this bologna, deep down I thought it was messed up. It caused me to be judgemental of my non believing friends...I wouldn't hang out with them as often and I was too busy praying for them to convert. When I did hang out with them I asked God to protect me from any sinful discussion or behaviors while hanging out with them. It was like I wasn't even their friend anymore. Some of them I just quit talking to, all together. It wasn't until after I left the faith when I reconnected with old friends, and I regained my ability to love them as they are, instead of praying for them to change.

And the whole idea of heaven is even worse. Christians try to convert other people because they don't want them to suffer eternally. The more I hung out with these church people I was like "So...all these people who go to church weekly are gonna go to heaven, and meanwhile my best friend out of town, who just can't find evidence for the Christian God existing, is going to be judged by God and then will go to hell forever? How is that fair? She's a wonderful person who actually tried to believe in Christ but she just doesn't believe in that. Does she really deserve to suffer eternally for that??"

Once again, this all doesn't add up anymore. This used to all make sense back when I shoved all of my doubts and questions under the rug, but as soon as I pulled them out from under the rug and examined my questions and doubts...I knew this wasn't what I believed. It just doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

The "thorn in the flesh" comment is not from Ephesians, but rather 2 Corinthians 12:7. There's also not much about sex in Ephesians, but it does promote slavery and the subjugation of women.

The "thorn in the flesh" comment is not from Ephesians, but rather 2 Corinthians 12:7. There's also not much about sex in Ephesians, but it does promote slavery and the subjugation of women.

Fair enough.  When I first figured out that some of the Pauline letters are known forgeries and others are suspected I was going to compare the theology found in the "strongly Pauline" ones to see what had changed.  But then I realized Christian history just isn't that important to me anymore.  I've spent my time doing other things.

• Like 1

Why do you go to this school? Do you have other choices?

The education is good

Is it possible for you to get a good education from a non-religious school?  It seems that you are adverse to the religious component of your current education.