Goodbye Jesus

Beer

ironhorse

So, I'm guessing if you have a spiritual body, the only thing they have to offer up there is spiritual beer.  Probably Coors lite.

• Like 1

So, I'm guessing if you have a spiritual body, the only thing they have to offer up there is spiritual beer.  Probably Coors lite.

Coors lite would be the opposite of spirit.  In heaven the beer is vodka and whiskey.  You know, spirits!

I bet Jesus is the life of the party.  Showing off the holes in his hands and joking about the time he showed that pussy satan a thing or two.

I bet Jesus is the life of the party.

And the party trick of eating and drinking himself. Gets a laugh every time!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought souls in heaven had spiritual bodies? If that is true then there would be no need for food or water, much less alcoholic beverages. Spiritual bodies would appear to be necessary since these souls will apparently live forever. They would seemingly also come in handy since all they apparently are going to be doing is standing around the Throne of God singing praises forever, Spiritual bodies would come in handy too since bathroom breaks apparently won't be allowed.

It is sad this view is held by so many, including Christians.

N.T. Wright wrote the prevailing view a “distortion and serious diminution of Christian hope.” Two-thirds of Americans who claimed to believe in the resurrection, when polled, said they do not believe they will have physical bodies after the resurrection, but will be disembodied spirits. I’ve often heard people say, ‘I’m going to heaven soon, and I won’t need this stupid body there, thank goodness.’”

So heaven to many is seen as an ethereal, ideal, otherworldy place where disembodied perfected spirits roam. It’s largely an unfamiliar, non-Earth like environment where everything remains the same. It’s seen as a purely spiritual place without time and space, where there’s nothing to do but float around and gaze at God.

That is so untrue.

The scriptures teach a physical resurrection, physical yet incorruptible.

I thought souls in heaven had spiritual bodies? If that is true then there would be no need for food or water, much less alcoholic beverages. Spiritual bodies would appear to be necessary since these souls will apparently live forever. They would seemingly also come in handy since all they apparently are going to be doing is standing around the Throne of God singing praises forever, Spiritual bodies would come in handy too since bathroom breaks apparently won't be allowed.

It is sad this view is held by so many, including Christians.

N.T. Wright wrote the prevailing view a “distortion and serious diminution of Christian hope.” Two-thirds of Americans who claimed to believe in the resurrection, when polled, said they do not believe they will have physical bodies after the resurrection, but will be disembodied spirits. I’ve often heard people say, ‘I’m going to heaven soon, and I won’t need this stupid body there, thank goodness.’”

So heaven to many is seen as an ethereal, ideal, otherworldy place where disembodied perfected spirits roam. It’s largely an unfamiliar, non-Earth like environment where everything remains the same. It’s seen as a purely spiritual place without time and space, where there’s nothing to do but float around and gaze at God.

That is so untrue.

The scriptures teach a physical resurrection, physical yet incorruptible.

Which is also "so untrue".

You are not going to drink beer in heaven.

http://www.almostheresy.com/2015/11/leaving-the-faith-an-interview-with-dr-steven-davis-part-1/

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unsystematictheology/2015/11/losing-god-from-christian-apologetics-professor-to-skeptical-atheist/

We're still waiting for you to present your skeptical appraisal of your faith, IH.

Please make good on your claim that you've spent years doing so.

We'd very much like to compare your skeptical analysis with Davis'.

Thanks,

BAA.

http://www.almostheresy.com/2015/11/leaving-the-faith-an-interview-with-dr-steven-davis-part-1/

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unsystematictheology/2015/11/losing-god-from-christian-apologetics-professor-to-skeptical-atheist/

We're still waiting for you to present your skeptical appraisal of your faith, IH.

Thanks,

BAA.

Here's an idea BAA,

Why don't you copy and paste a few sentences, from the link, of what Davis described about his skeptical analysis

of the Christian faith.

I will be happy to post my experience in a few sentences below each quote from Davis.

Thanks,

BAA.

Here's an idea BAA,

Why don't you copy and paste a few sentences, from the link, of what Davis described about his skeptical analysis

of the Christian faith.

I will be happy to post my experience in a few sentences below each quote from Davis.

I've got a better idea, Ironhorse.

I'll PM both links to you and then you can't possibly claim not to have seen what Davis has written.

Anyway, it's not your experiences we're interest in, is it?  (Nice deflection, btw.)

Nope.  We want to see the years and years of written material you've put together in your skeptical appraisal of your faith.

How about it?

Thanks,

BAA.

Here's an idea BAA,

of the Christian faith.

I'll PM both links to you and then you can't possibly claim not to have seen what Davis has written.

Anyway, it's not your experiences we're interest in, is it?  (Nice deflection, btw.)

Nope.  We want to see the years and years of written material you've put together in your skeptical appraisal of your faith.

How about it?

"Nope.  We want to see the years and years of written material you've put together in your skeptical appraisal of your faith.

How about it?"

~BAA

Where did Davis post years and years of written material?

No deal,

Now, can we get back to beer? beer.gif

And whatever theological issues it might involve.

"Nope.  We want to see the years and years of written material you've put together in your skeptical appraisal of your faith.

How about it?"

~BAA

No deal,

Good idea.  There is no hope to your charade.  We all have realized that you have never examined your faith critically.

Thanks,

BAA.

Here's an idea BAA,

of the Christian faith.

How about it?

How about it?"

~BAA

Nice try IH.  But no cigar.

Davis' material (which I've just PMed you) is the summary and distillation of his many years of skeptically appraising his own faith.

YOU were the one who claimed to have spent years skeptically appraising your faith.  (Want me to link to where you made that claim?)

Are you now saying that you did so without writing anything down?

That you have nothing to show (not even a summary or distillation) of your years of work?

No deal,

How about it?"

~BAA

No deal,

Good idea.  There is no hope to your charade.  We all have realized that you have never examined your faith critically.

Agree, MM.

Which is why the theology of beer has suddenly become much more important to IH than anything trivial...like thinking critically about his beliefs.

wink.png

28 This is my blood of the covenant, 

But beer..?

Wendyshrug.gif

Here BA....have a drink of blood 68.gif

Blood is for making wine, not beer.

GKaaBloodWineGreen02a.jpg

Did someone say beer? I'm learning to love beer. Less personality altering than hard liquor. Hate IPAs. Can do some stouts. I usually get Blue Moon but I'm trying to branch out. Attended my first beer festival in Madison this summer and discovered Berlinerweisse (butchering the spelling I'm sure). Delish!

• 4 weeks later...

Martin Luther was an asshole.

I don't understand the appeal of beer.  Of all the great things one can find in this life - beer? Really? That's what gets you jazzed? Shallow, and I'll say that about anyone who gets revved up over beer.

I never thought of whether one could drink beer in the afterlife/world to come/whatever, though in this present existence I never had that much of a problem with it. Sure, I did know some ex-alcoholics in church but really the only people who ever said drinking alcohol was bad were probably from one or two elderly Nazarene ladies whom I respecfully disagreed with. I was a quite frequent pub visitor and probably even got into evangelistic discussions (as well as, after deconverting, drowning my worries in a pint or two).

Tend to prefer Newcastle Brown, some real ales and German wheat beer, though will probably drink any old fermented piss since I've not much money.

I also drink wine, the odd whisky, and sometimes cider.

I try to keep it vaguely in moderation; not the sort to get utterly plastered as some are but perhaps do it a bit too often.

• 3 weeks later...

Best beer: Pelican Ale. That's some good stuff right there. Especially with deep fried chicken and potato wedges smothered in gravy and cheese. God I love America.