Goodbye Jesus

The Earth Is Flat

older

In 1893 some guy was arguing that the Earth is flat, or nearly so, and made up this map. He cites specific Biblical proofs. If you sent him 20 cents he'd send you a book explaining "the Square and Stationary Earth. It Knocks the Globe Theory Clean Out." Take a look. It's a hoot.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vault/2015/09/30/history_of_flat_earth_theory_orlando_ferguson_s_map_of_the_flat_earth.html

Here's the map:

LgFergusonMap.jpg

Well that's... at least a bit plausible. Just a teeny tiny little bit, but from the graphic it's at least a bit better than a literal flat Earth. Provided everyone stays away from Antarctica that is :lmao:

I would be curious to know how many books he sold.

Provided everyone stays away from Antarctica that is lmao_99.gif

My wife's nephew is in Antarctica right now.

• Super Moderator

All I know of the Flat Earth group is that it's a tongue-in-cheek exercise about constructing plausible sounding arguments about the implausible. Of course the rule is to never crack a smile while doing so, even when among other Flat Earthers. The first rule of the Flat Earth Club.......

Provided everyone stays away from Antarctica that is lmao_99.gif

My wife's nephew is in Antarctica right now.

I hope he is careful.  That is very close to the edge.  If you fall off there is no way to get back.

I like the angels on the four corners holding everything up.  What a boring job, doing that for the last 4.5 billion years. 

I like the angels on the four corners holding everything up.  What a boring job, doing that for the last 4.5 billion years. 

Have you forgotten that it's just been about 6,000 years? ;)

• Like 1

Guest immoralchristian

Have you forgotten that it's just been about 6,000 years? wink.png

The polarity anomaly that started with adam and eve started 6000-10k years ago, but the universe is trillions of years old.

The polarity anomaly that started with adam and eve started 6000-10k years ago, but the universe is trillions of years old.

What is the polarity anomaly?

• Super Moderator

What is the polarity anomaly?

Alas, we shall never know. wink.png

I'm a reformed flat-earther...

Roulette-Wheel.jpg

Oh, yeah. My bad.fun_84.gif   

I forgot that the earth was formed 3,000 years after human beings were already coalescing into small towns centered around agriculture and domestication of animals.

• Like 2