Goodbye Jesus

I'm New Here. Introducing Myself.

Blindsighted

I've been lurking a few months. You people really are great and helpful. So I think I may feel comfortable enough to join in.

My faith just completely vanished the night of May 31st. Yeah. That suddenly. I was totally taken by surprise. Blindsided. But now I can see. And so, my user name.

I'm in my late 40s. And I was a Christian for almost 30 years. I homeschool our children. The oldest two, who are now adults, also deconverted this year. Long story, so I'll save it for an x-timony if I ever write one. I still have 3 boys under 10.

My husband is still a Christian. I think he's slowly opening his eyes though. We stopped going to church because he didn't really care if we went or not. He said something the other day about "back when we were still Christians." So I asked, but he joked it off. So I don't know.

We don't live in a bubble, so we are dealing with family, but overall I just feel so free and happy.

• Like 4

Welcome to the family. Glad you found your way out. Now the fun journey begins. Enjoy it!

Welcome! I encourage you to share an ex-timony at some point. It really is cathartic and helps us get to know you better.

Welcome Blindsighted! Thanks for sharing with us. I'm glad to hear that your husband is slowly coming on the ride with you. That will make life so much easier. Looking forward to hearing more from you!! Glad you are here with us!

(hug)

You're fortunate it happened so quickly with minimal fallout. Leaving religion often takes years to let go & cleanse your mind. Glad you found this site & welcome.

Hello and welcome!

Pleased to hear that you're feeling content with your loss of faith. Interesting that your eldest two children and your husband appear to be on a similar path. 

My husband lost his faith around 9 years ago and it took me a couple of years longer or rather to fully accept and admit it, so your husband may be similar to me.

Welcome, blindsighted!  I would love to hear the story of how your faith vanished the night of May 31st!  It sounds intriguing.

I'm 51, and became an ex-xian a couple of years ago and before that was a church-going agnostic for about 25 years, prior to that I was a believer.  This has been an excellent site for learning for me, too.

I'm much happier now, too, and it's nice to have a definite answer on religion (no!) rather than being agnostic and continually trying to figure things out.

My grown children are also non-believers, and I have no other family so I have no trouble with that, for which I am glad.

Welcome! I'm a secular homeschooler myself, so I'm happy to see you here. However, I only have one child (10-year-old girl), and am only on my second year homeschooling -- so you have way more experience than I do in those areas.

I (and many others here) have some experience with the whole deconversion thing, and are happy to discuss, question, answer, rant, laugh, and cry with you if you feel the need.

No hurry or pressure on the x-timony. We'd love to read it, but in the meantime just chill and jump in here and there when you feel like it.

Welcome to ExC, blindsighted. Glad you're here.

Whenever you feel like it, I, too, would love to hear how you deconverted so quickly.

Thank you for the welcome. I posted a little more in the cracking the jail thread. I said a little bit about my son in that one. My daughter actually began doubting while in Bible college. The classes she was taking presented the truth of how we got the Bible, real history, and how modern theology developed.

RenaissanceWoman, I'm secular in my homeschooling now too. I changed out some curriculum because I couldn't stand the religious content anymore. I read at Well Trained Mind forums occasionally.

Hi blindsighted.  I read about the tough stuff you've been thru lately in the other thread.  Sorry. sad.png

Life can really suck sometimes.  I lost my best friend just about 10 days ago.  We were best friends for almost 30 years.  So I have some wounds I'm nursing too.

• Like 1

Hi!  Welcome to ex-C!

Hi, I'm new here too. Still feeling my way about. It feels weird "coming out of the closet" and when I signed up it was the first time that I called myself an agnostic.

Thank you for the welcome. I posted a little more in the cracking the jail thread. I said a little bit about my son in that one. My daughter actually began doubting while in Bible college. The classes she was taking presented the truth of how we got the Bible, real history, and how modern theology developed.

RenaissanceWoman, I'm secular in my homeschooling now too. I changed out some curriculum because I couldn't stand the religious content anymore. I read at Well Trained Mind forums occasionally.

The worst thing a Christian can do is go to Bible college and actually study the Bible on an academic level. That always backfires. 

Hi, I'm new here too. Still feeling my way about. It feels weird "coming out of the closet" and when I signed up it was the first time that I called myself an agnostic.

Welcome, JenniferG. I hope you enjoy the forum and find some answers and comfort.

Welcome.