Goodbye Jesus

When Satanists Act More Like Jesus Than Christians Do

Fweethawt

Members of the Satanic Temple find it easier than Christians to follow some of the teachings of Jesus -- http://www.alternet.org/belief/when-satanists-act-more-jesus-christians-do

High school coach, whatever. I think you are wrong. Jesus was cold. The New Testament shows this. 

How could he be "cold"? He lived in a fucking desert for cryin' out loud!!!!!!!

He was internally cold, Shortbus. 

Oh, and evidence of deserts fucking?  Right.  No Science to back up your theory. 

He was internally cold, Shortbus.

He couldn't be internally cold, either, since he had 'The Light of Christ ™' burning within.

More and more I think my reasons for deconverting from Christianity don't matter. The thing that I see most about it now is just how detestable of a group Christians are. There is obviously no positive transformative effect that happens.

They transform but not into anything worthy of admiration.

• Like 1

Jesus was cold?  You mean, at the time the disciples stole the body?  

Maybe I should go back and read the article. woohoo.gif

Jesus was cold?  You mean, at the time the disciples stole the body?  

Maybe I should go back and read the article. woohoo.gif

Really, I don't know what I meant by that. It made sense at the time, but then sometimes I think I'm going through a phase. 

Being decades past deconversion, I see certain aspects of Christianity as worthy, and I see certain aspects of numerous other religions, philosophies and world views as worthy.  None have ownership or origination of any of the worthy aspects (they were generated by humans themselves), and some have ownership and origination of certain nonsense.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More and more I think my reasons for deconverting from Christianity don't matter. The thing that I see most about it now is just how detestable of a group Christians are. There is obviously no positive transformative effect that happens.

Those are some broad and all encompassing statements concerning a group of people.

Even if you detest the Christian faith, it is a bit unfair and not true to state no good or positive transformation has happened.

Those are some broad and all encompassing statements concerning a group of people.

Even if you detest the Christian faith, it is a bit unfair and not true to state no good or positive transformation has happened.

Well,there's not much either good or positive that's come from you in this forum, IH.

So, if you are a typical Christian...

Wendyshrug.gif