Goodbye Jesus

At Least They Prayed About It....

bird28

We rent our home from a ministry... We were told today they feel bad for the amount of rent we pay... So they are telling us goodbye (they probably want to move in someone that would pay more) anyway they prayed we would find somewhere else to live, in their eyes making it alright.

Why tell us this the day before a holiday?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

On top of the fact we are poor, have bad credit, etc... Making it really hard to find a place

We rent our home from a ministry... We were told today they feel bad for the amount of rent we pay... So they are telling us goodbye (they probably want to move in someone that would pay more) anyway they prayed we would find somewhere else to live, in their eyes making it alright.

Why tell us this the day before a holiday?

Tell em to get an eviction notice or you aren't leaving. :)

My husband isn't even upset about it because he believes they are trying to help by finding us a lower rent place. By help I mean trying to push us into a place I already know won't accept us.

In our state, landlords are required to give a full 30 days notice in writing. Check with your state if they try to get you out in less than a month.

Seriously sad behavior for people who claim to follow a man who cared for the downtrodden.

Tell them to pray you'll leave

• Like 1

That's just messed up to do that just before thanksgiving.  WTF - they couldn't just be decent about it and wait a couple more days?

Sorry you're having to go thru this, Bird.  It sounds tough.

I will wish upon a star that it works out okay for you. 

Why not just tell them that you prayed to see if they would let you stay at the same rate?  Then tell them that the LORD came to you and told you that you could not only stay but pay 10% less with that 10% being considered a tithe.  It's a holiday miracle!

I don't imagine they'll believe a word you say.  For some reason prayers don't cut both ways.  The lord only lets them shit on you.

mwc

• Like 1

I'm sorry you're going through this, especially as you said, the day before a holiday.  I hope things work out for you.

Wow, that was cold.  When are they making you move out?  Is this a 30 day notice so you have to be out by Christmas?  How very "Christian" of them.

They didn't give a timeframe but said "as soon as possible"

I've been arguing with hubby so much I'm gonna sleep in the living room...

To elaborate I'm mad at him because he believes the ministry and talks good of them. My aunt and uncle agree with me and they think they want us out for some other reason. My aunt being a JW doesn't like them anyway.

I would delay as long as possible.  Find out what the eviction laws are in your area.  On Dec 1st pay the same amount of rent you usually do but delay moving out as long as possible to ensure you have time to find a new place.  Justify this by interpreting "as soon as possible" to mean "as soon as you are moved into your new place".  Do search for a new apartment but expect your old land lord to be reasonable about it.  Be cordial and polite and friendly the whole time.  Keep paying your rent.  There might be laws on the books that could protect you depending on where you live so look it up online.

Ugh. I like mwc's idea. Turn the religious bit right back at them. They sound like horrible people. I guess the upside is you're getting away from them. (eventually). About the bad credit part, I'm right there with you, but fortunately it's not too hard to find places that don't check your credit. Try craigslist for sure, I've found some good places there in the past. Not sure where you live, but hopefully it's somewhere with options. Best of luck.

The people that work there make fun of us and even try to bum pain meds off us.

Anyway going off topic, now that I don't have a place to live and where I am is a little town, I also have little money, no job(I have a disability but now its not bad), and no car (I do have a license and used to drive). I'm trying to figure out the order to obtain those things and I think it's find a job in a city, rent a place nearby so I can take public transportation, then when I have more money get a car, sound right?

I keep wanting to move in with niece-in-law who lives in the new Jersey metro area but she says no.

You have a good plan!  I sincerely wish you much luck with everything.  Don't give up.