Goodbye Jesus

I Said I'm Not Going To Church Tomorrow

bird28

Not only does the ministry kick us out, but they have to tell our friends to get them to pressure us into moving into apartments to have more money. I'm sorry but there is no future in this farm town. I have a degree, I'm going to get a job and make a lot more money. I didn't like calling our friend and have him lecture me on apartments when I didn't tell him personally what is going on. I applied today to a position perfect to our situation and I hope to find more. I told them tomorrow I was staying home.

Oh, and my husband is ignoring me and listening to them.

The world is what you make of it.  Make a good life.

• Like 1

Go get it bird. Good luck

The job is an apprenticeship... It pays a stipend, but that means I would get to keep my disability through the entire year of work. Also free housing, but if they can't house my husband I might have to say no to it, or maybe find a place to rent. I do need a car, I can drive, just don't own one. I know people would say "I'm to sick" to leave town.

My husband is going to church without me. If I hear anymore bull from him or the church I don't know what to do. Mental health wanted to put me in a group home and after all this crap I might end up there.

My husband is going to church without me. If I hear anymore bull from him or the church I don't know what to do. Mental health wanted to put me in a group home and after all this crap I might end up there.

Slow down.

Leaving town may ultimately be the best option, but if I were you I would take some time to consider this carefully. Do you have a place to stay for a few days? A group home is not ideal, but (as long as you are safe there) it may buy you some time to make a proper decision about what you want to do. It sounds as if your husband and you have a lot to talk about, and it also sounds as if he doesn't want to talk about it. I don't know the situation, but sometimes letting a little time pass is necessary. I'm not talking about months here; even just a few days can be enough for cooler heads to prevail. You need to focus on making the right decision for you and for your family. It sounds like you are angry at the moment, and you probably have every right to be. But the best decisions are usually not made in anger.

A favorite author of mine wrote "Don't do what you can't undo, until you've considered what you can't do once you've done it." That's pretty much all I'm trying to say. Do what's right for you, but make sure you think about it carefully first.

• Like 5

The church insists that they are just trying to help you us by finding a cheaper place for us. Anyway I had a mental health meltdown yesterday that almost landed me in the hospital. My husband said "remember, God will not abandon you!" I said "im about to abandon him!"

I hope you're feeling better today. What a mess. They are affecting your day-to-day life, and that is so typical and also so not cool.

Well, there are other things I can do like a job in another city, though one internship up my alley would require me to live in their housing for a year away from husband and would be hard.