Goodbye Jesus

What Is An Ex-christian?

Raphael

GREETINGS TO ALL:

I stumbled across this forum accidentally, and it definately caught my attention. I am strongly anti-religious, but am not an athiest. I imagine that some of you are one or the other. I am not sure that this forum is for me, but I've been browsing and needless to say, alot has been very interesting and I haven't even made it to The Lion's Den! (just kidding). I have been studying The Lost Books and The New and Old Testament Apocrypha for about 5 years and have discovered many answers to things that have previously troubled me and thought I may be generate some unusual conversation.

So ~ What is an Ex-Christian?

Peace ~ Raphael

Goodbye Jesus
So ~ What is an Ex-Christian?
An ExChristian is a person who used to be a Christian, but isn't anymore. :mellow:

And yes, you will find a whole slew of people here with differing beliefs. If you are interested in a conversation where you don't care what type of replies you receive, start it in the Lion's Den. If you wish for your thread to remain civil and have everyone respond to you accordingly, start it in the Colloseum.

an exchristian is someone whose no longer christian.

i am not an athiest either they are the majority here but most of them are friendly

i like to study stuff like that too just to know the stuff i was never allowed to know

Hi Raphael.

Not really complicated. I'm an ex-christian. Used to believe the bible was the word of God. That Jesus died for my sins. Baptized, sanctified, purified, washed in the blood of the Lamb. One of the chosen. Friend of Jesus. Approved by GOD.

Now, I know it was all a big mind game and that none of it is real.

Simple.

(simple now, now that I can look back on this crazy journey called life)

It wasn't so simple when it was happening.

p.s.: To what are you referring when talking about the "lost books" ?

Hi Raphael

Which part of EX-Christian is not clear to you? I would have thought that it’s rather straight forward, but your question phrased as is leads me to believe you really want to know something else? What would that be?

btw - welcome

:wave:

Was a christian all my life until about five years ago. Finally leggo.

Diest now.

Welcome!

As the others have said, an Ex-Christian is someone who used to be a Christian but isn't anymore.

Although, I used to be a Christian and am not one anymore, I am not an Athiest nor am I anti-religion. We all have our own spiritual journey in this life. I respect relgion and others beliefs as long as they are benign.

Taph

thunderbolt ~ sorry if I offended you, I'm just searching for some like-minded people and this forum didn't seem like a bad place to start.

MYTHRA ~ check it out ~ thelostbooks.com

Peace ~ Raphael

thunderbolt ~ sorry if I offended you, I'm just searching for some like-minded people and this forum didn't seem like a bad place to start.

MYTHRA ~ check it out ~ thelostbooks.com

Peace ~ Raphael

Hey Raphael

You did not offend me in the least bit. No need to apologize.

I was just puzzled with your question. Personally I thought it's pretty much self-explanatory.

I am not an atheist either, and there are many flavors of EX-Christians here.

thunderbolt ~ this site is so unique. I just never really gave much thought to people becoming ex-christians. I definately can relate to "preachers and teachers" abusing us. Sort of getting beat on the brain with a bible. Don't worry, I'm not here to try to change anyones mind about anything. I hope to learn something and maybe contribute.

Peace to U ~ Raphael

Sure thing - I misunderstood, and read more into your statement than you perhaps intended. That's what's so damn hard about two dimensional conversations.

And please DO contribute.

:thanks:

like thunder said their are many diffrent flavors of exchristians here and im glad you came here. most of the people here are nice and the one who arnt dont last long (the admin kicks em off) i havent believed in 2 years and started doubting 2 years before that.

Most of us are former Christians, now apostates. Each of us, in our own way, discovered that the Bible is not the word of any god, just a book written by men who wanted to dominate and control others. The priestly caste has always been powerful and influential. We could not find the truth in christianity and continue to seek elsewhere.

That looks like quite a site, Raphael. I've spent a lot of time here

They have many commonalities - but the site you gave looks more comprehensive. Thanks.

qadeshet ~ you may be interested in the apocryphal writing. Basically that means "secret and hidden". It jives in all ways with the standard bible EXCEPT...it reveals that the god of the OT is the adversary, "the devil", who cursed us with death and blinded our eyes to the Truth about him. Jesus came to preach this blaspheme (that's why they so wanted to kill him). Sin was not our fault. We were supposed to eat the fruit of knowledge. The "law" was put in place by the adversary to rid us with guilt so that we'd never see the light of love that was there all the time for us. This knowledge truly set me free.

You guys must think I'm totally off-the-wall! I need to go to sleep, so I'll leave all this as food-for-thought and will be anticipating the replies in the am.

Sweet Dreams ~ Raphael

You guys must think I'm totally off-the-wall! I need to go to sleep, so I'll leave all this as food-for-thought and will be anticipating the replies in the am.
The only time we'll think you're "off-the-wall" is when you come in here and start preaching to others that your way is the only way.

Until then, welcome to ExC. :woohoo:

qadeshet ~ you may be interested in the apocryphal writing. Basically that means "secret and hidden". It jives in all ways with the standard bible EXCEPT...it reveals that the god of the OT is the adversary, "the devil", who cursed us with death and blinded our eyes to the Truth about him. Jesus came to preach this blaspheme (that's why they so wanted to kill him). Sin was not our fault. We were supposed to eat the fruit of knowledge. The "law" was put in place by the adversary to rid us with guilt so that we'd never see the light of love that was there all the time for us. This knowledge truly set me free.

Sweet Dreams ~ Raphael

Sounds a lot like Gnosticism.

Sweet Dreams ~ Raphael

Sounds a lot like Gnosticism.

It seems to make much more sense than christianity. :scratch:

Welcome, Raphael! :clap:

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I suppose my views are somewhat Gnostic, but I think that's also turned into a "religion". I just know it's the most logical senerio I've heard in my 30+ years of being "a christian".

You all have helped me decided that I am not an Ex-Christian, but I am very much against the teachings of "Modern-day" Christianity.

Thanks for not making me feel "off-the-wall" and btw I'm loving the pictures! Especially the portrait. It definately depicts the god of this world, except I see him as a lion-faced serpant!

Anyway, cheers and thanks again ~ Raphael

Hi Raphael,

Welcome!

I didn't welcome you in my first post since we tend to be leary of people who come here who are Christians. Anyone is of course welcome of any belief, but you must understand that we are attacked often. I wasn't sure where you stood, thanks for clarifying.

I hope you stay for a while.

Taph

Taph ~ Totally understandable. Don't blame you guys a bit. To clarify a little more, I am just on a truth-seeking journey and I'm trying to piece it all together. I have no intentions of trying to re-convert anyone. To tell you the truth I am not sure why I'm here. I was actually doing a search for sages and this site came up. I saw "Ex-Christian" and found it intreging. Good luck to all of you in the Adventure of Life wherever it takes you.

Raphael

I'm not an athiest(I still believe in god), but I don't subscribe to the Judeo-Christian god anymore...

Basically, an ex-christian is someone who just doesn't follow Christianity anymore.

I'm still in the transition phase, but reading the stories on this site have helped me tremendously.

LMR, that would make you an Ex-Christian.

Hiya everyone..Interesting question!

I've often wondered that myself. What am I? I feel that I don't fit into an easy category. I wish I did sometimes. My experience of being a member of the congregation was shit!

Here's the rub...I was raised by SDA'ist but never got it - that saved bit. Instead I ended up with a basic fear (hence belief in) Satan, devil, evil spirits, and all that goes bump in the night.

My deconversion which believe me has been very painful and long term was in that regard and not ever from the loss of god etc.

My family were very 'proper' chrisitans however I got hit with the bad shit I'm afraid and and that's what stuck, don't have much experience with the 'pleasures' or benefits of christianity.

but..I'm still an ex christian. :shrug: or at least a person affected by christianity in a profound way.

Archived