Goodbye Jesus

List Of Sins To Avoid

Fweethawt

A.K.A. this is the result of a mind laid to waste by religious indoctrination. His mind may have discovered a cure or came up with a new surgical technique or even invented something that would genuinely help people.

But religion stops that...

Religion fills minds with shit like this.

http://youtu.be/vjnVfnQURng

Is smoking in the bible? I'm unfamiliar with that passage.????

Guest Furball

You get demons by masturbating? I think there are more people masturbating than there are demons. Lol what a putz.

Here is some more lifestyle choices you should avoid. 

12360107_711341928966763_245390964477864

You get demons by masturbating? I think there are more people masturbating than there are demons. Lol what a putz.

Here is some more lifestyle choices you should avoid.

LOTR!? Harry Potter!? Them's fightn' words! ????

You get demons by masturbating? I think there are more people masturbating than there are demons.

An article in the paper today said that millenials are having fewer sex partners than baby boomers did, and that 49% of millenials have not had sex in a year. And millenials are delaying marriage later than any other generation.

Are all these millenials living like desert monks who dove into thornbushes when tempted? I am guessing, no.

^ Something in the water?

tumblr_modi8t0tN91snhqsko1_500.gif

Is smoking in the bible? I'm unfamiliar with that passage.

You must keep the temple clean hon!! The holy spirit abides within and you must not smoke him out!!!  PageofCupsNono.gif

Vegetarianism is a sin? Isn't there some scriptural support of the opposite?

LotR and Harry Potter being sinful is another big joke, especially when ones considers that Tolkien was a devout Catholic, and Rowling is an Anglican, I think. I guess Catholics are satanists in the eyes of Evangelicals though.

Daniel chapter 1.  The prophets of God ate only vegetables and water.   Then God blessed them for not eating unclean meats.

2 oz tribalism

1 oz xenophobia

4 oz selfishness

1 cup willful ignorance

1 cup peer pressure

4 tbls essence of holier-than-thou

Sprinkles of grandiosity and narcissism to taste

Mix well in an Indoctranation bowl.  Bake (in the Indoctranation bowl) at -20 F for years.  Remove from oven and let come to room temperature.  Serve on a Do as I Say and Not as I Do plate.  Serves one.

• Like 2

2 oz tribalism

1 oz xenophobia

4 oz selfishness

1 cup willful ignorance

1 cup peer pressure

4 tbls essence of holier-than-thou

Sprinkles of grandiosity and narcissism to taste

Mix well in an Indoctranation bowl.  Bake (in the Indoctranation bowl) at -20 F for years.  Remove from oven and let come to room temperature.  Serve on a Do as I Say and Not as I Do plate.  Serves one.

Yum!

Seriously, cracked me up ^^

Let's see here:

Eastern religions? Check.

Earth "Worship"? If revering nature counts, yeah.

Meditation? Indeed, and I'm set on going deeper with that.

LOTR? Ride to  ruin and the Worlds ending! DEATH!

Vegetarianism? 10 years and counting...

Marihuana & Pot parties? Check.

LSD/shrooms? Check.

Video games? Way too much.

Harry Potter? I was only 12! Please forgive me!

Dungeons & Dragons? Probably.

Halloween? Went trick or treatin' once!

Fornication? Yes please.

Rock Music? Please... what is this, the fifties?

Heavy metal? Fuck yeah!

Raves & XTC? Yeah. Trance sucks though.

Goth Culture? Do Sisters of Mercy and Joy Divison count?

Guess I'm fucked.

Reading fantasy novels or comics, playing video games and listening to rock music will give you demons!

Seriously, this stuff actually used to bother me. It was also, trivial though it sounds, what started the ball rolling towards my deconversion finally (I'd had periods of real doubt before, though)- why is such a trivial thing apparently such a big deal? Of course my pastors and other church people would probably say, it wasn't (one of my pastors even had a picture of Middle Earth as his desktop wallpaper IIRC!) But it did make me think hard about what the Bible calls "worldliness" and figured if we get attached to *any* of the things of this world, isn't that "loving the world" in some way?

Guest Furball

Hi rjn. I found the scripture you were referring to. 1 timothy 4:1-3 1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 

^^^^^ An often quoted scripture in the Church of Christ, but it was quoted as a warning against falling away & as proof the Catholic Church was a false man made church. Forbidding to marry being the problem with the Catholics & proof that God didn't like them.

Same guy as in the OP video allegedly casting out a demon (not too sure how to respond to his response to me):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcX_Lvl5sDY

The biggest sin to avoid is going to a Christian conference and ask which group of Christians is more right than the others.

• Like 2

Guest Furball

The biggest sin to avoid is going to a Christian conference and ask which group of Christians is more right than the others.

I think it's a sin just to ask questions at all. I have found out first hand that asking the pastor or the deacons questions is a big no no.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't need to see or be concerned about a list of sins, my head is full of them.

My peace is knowing that in Christ my sins are forgiven

and with his help I can do better. If I fail, I ask for forgiveness and move on.

I'm far from perfect (missing the mark) but I'm getting a little more down the road a stumble or so at a time. 

It is what Martin Luther called progressive sanctification. This battle within me will not end till I enter God's Kingdom.

A sinner saved by grace.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't need to see or be concerned about a list of sins, my head is full of them.

My peace is knowing that in Christ my sins are forgiven

and with his help I can do better. If I fail, I ask for forgiveness and move on.

I'm far from perfect (missing the mark) but I'm getting a little more down the road a stumble or so at a time. 

It is what Martin Luther called progressive sanctification. This battle within me will not end till I enter God's Kingdom.

A sinner saved by grace.

Just curious, Ironhorse, why are you preaching Christianity onto a forum of ex-christians? 

• Like 1

And the realization that god is imaginary freed me.  Four years running now.  Never been happier.  Never felt so free.

• Like 1

Hi rjn. I found the scripture you were referring to. 1 timothy 4:1-3 1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

...which isn't the "opposite." It's clearly condemning the prohibition of meat-eating as hypocrisy.

In my "new world", I was told there were four things to keep. Not to lie, cheat or steal, and when hunting or fishing, to kill the animal or fish mercifully. Otherwise, anywhere the path leads is "sinless". Oh, I used to be "kosher", and when I rejected my former beliefs, I ate bacon and prayed my thanks for being freed.