Goodbye Jesus

Man On Fire

Guest lifeszero

Guest lifeszero

If hell is a place of separation from god, a place where corrupted souls go. If hell is a place of burning and fire that is in a constant inexhaustible state.

Where does hell receive it's fuel from to keep being hell? (Well it can't come from god since he's not there)

And it can't come from the energy from the universe (Since you say god is also there)

There could be an exception.

Maybe hell is a miraculous place where he has suspended the laws of thermodynamics (Well that would be the only way right?)

Which other way could it be done.

Oh my , it's not good to ask such questions or ponder such things....it can only lead to diminished pastoral income.

• Like 1

Oh my , it's not good to ask such questions or ponder such things....it can only lead to diminished pastoral income.

My tithe organ hurts.

Hell is located deep inside the earth, at the center where it's really, really, hot. Hell produces volcanos when the Devil gets made. I thought everybody knew that. That's why Jesus went UP to heaven, where it's cool & the weather is always nice & people get to float on fluffy clouds forever.

• Like 1

Interestingly enough, Hell has not universally been thought of as a burning place. Apart from the "Lake of Fire" mentioned in Revelations, I don't think there are many vivid descriptions of Hell in the Gospels. The root of the English word "Hell" is Old norse "Hel", which was the northern equivalent of Hades: a dark and dreary place, but not necessarily a place of active torment. Dishonorable people ended up in its lower reaches (much like Greek Tartarus) but even the God of Light, Baldr (who shares a lot of characteristics with mr. J and was sometimes even equated with him. This might be due to Christian influences during late Roman times though) went to Hel, where he is waiting for his eventual resurrection during Ragnarok. In any case, in Medieval Scandinavia, it was not uncommon to think of (Christian) Hell as a place not of fire - but of grim and unbearable cold, which is quite an interesting reflection of the local culture.

• Like 1

You want to know what powers the fires of Hell?

66271760.jpg

Guest lifeszero

Interestingly enough, Hell has not universally been thought of as a burning place. Apart from the "Lake of Fire" mentioned in Revelations, I don't think there are many vivid descriptions of Hell in the Gospels. The root of the English word "Hell" is Old norse "Hel", which was the northern equivalent of Hades: a dark and dreary place, but not necessarily a place of active torment. Dishonorable people ended up in its lower reaches (much like Greek Tartarus) but even the God of Light, Baldr (who shares a lot of characteristics with mr. J and was sometimes even equated with him. This might be due to Christian influences during late Roman times though) went to Hel, where he is waiting for his eventual resurrection during Ragnarok. In any case, in Medieval Scandinavia, it was not uncommon to think of (Christian) Hell as a place not of fire - but of grim and unbearable cold, which is quite an interesting reflection of the local culture.

You're a fucking liar.

• Super Moderator

You're a fucking liar.

That escalated quickly.

• Like 1

Guest lifeszero

You're a fucking liar.

That escalated quickly.
Yeah I know, that's what happens when people get excited. Wait, I'm sure some genuine christians will show up soon enough. (Once they stop panicking, and formulate a plan of attack)

You're a fucking liar.
That escalated quickly.
Yeah I know, that's what happens when people get excited. Wait, I'm sure some genuine christians will show up soon enough. (Once they stop panicking, and formulate a plan of attack)

Generally that is not how things go in the Lion's Den.  We have a few Christians of the "Well I don't have evidence but I believe it anyway" persuasion.  They might stop by to inform you that they have beliefs or they might just ignore you.  Once in a while we get the Wesburoh Baptist type with the fire and brimstone (threats make a poor substitute for logic) but those kind don't last.

Your OP raised a good question but it is just one of the thousands of ways the Bible conflicts with what we have observed happening in reality.  But whoever asks a Christian in real life will get a bunch of hand waving and excuses.

You're a fucking liar.
That escalated quickly.

You're looking for Christians in an Ex-Christian forum.  Why?

You're a fucking liar.

I beg you pardon?

Guest lifeszero

You're a fucking liar.
That escalated quickly.

You're looking for Christians in an Ex-Christian forum. Why?

Because I can't learn about them in their own forums, neither can I raise questions there or speak openly with them. I never could even when I was a Christian, they're not forward thinking humans.

You seem nice, so what's going on in your head. You just wanted to know why I'm here or you wanted to know stuff about me?

Guest lifeszero

You're a fucking liar.
I beg you pardon?
Just say sorry, that's all you have to do.

Lifezero, how old are you?

You're a fucking liar.
I beg you pardon?

For what exactly?

Guest lifeszero

You're a fucking liar.
I beg you pardon?
For what exactly?
That's alright, then I'm sorry.

Whatever you say.

Guest lifeszero

My tithe organ hurts.
Don't you know it.

• Super Moderator

lifeszero,

I'd advise you not to wait around for christians on this website to respond to your questions, certainly not here in The Lion's Den.  We only have a few christians here currently and, unfortunately, they are not up to par when it comes to tackling real issues.  Don't get me wrong, some of them are nice people (some aren't), and there's even one or two that I like; but none of them really have that holy anointing that allows them to be ready in season and out of season.  Since I really doubt any of them will give an adequate response, and it seems like you'd really like one, here's an example of what you're missing out on:

End3:  Hell is all about grace and relationships... and subjectivity.

Ironhorse:  As a baptist who has skeptically appraised my beliefs, I believe in Bob Dylan and Bono lyrics.  Here's a link:  http://www.bobdylan.com/us/songs

Justus:  Water won't boil in hell because of the lack of atmospheric pressure.  You're a liar because you claim that water boils at higher temperatures.

Thumbelina:  You're all going to hell and that secretly makes me happy.

1AA1: cllhe pustd uoy kmpstdu.

OrdinaryClay:  You're confusing hell with eternal conscious torment.

With all of that said, there have been a fair number of threads in various forums on this website that deal with the subject of hell and the fear it generates.  I know I have written one myself.  You'll probably fare better to do your own search rather than waiting around for the christians to show up.  Best of luck to you.

I hope this helps,

TheRedneckProfessor.

• Like 5

Pretty funny, Prof! Thumbelina hasn't been on here in a long time. When she was, she maintained that those who go to hell are simply annihilated.

• Super Moderator

Pretty funny, Prof! Thumbelina hasn't been on here in a long time. When she was, she maintained that those who go to hell are simply annihilated.

Oh yeah... you're right!  She said they were annihilated but, if I remember right, she wouldn't be any more specific about what that actually meant.  Thumperina... Science save her.

Oh yeah... you're right!  She said they were annihilated but, if I remember right, she wouldn't be any more specific about what that actually meant.  Thumperina... Science save her.

Sounds like a fun person. How can I get to know her?