Goodbye Jesus

Now This Is Dumb...

rjn

The mere fact that people are actually discussing this like it was scientific fact is not a little stupid:

Well I don't know about this guy. He thinks that Hell is the Sun? I remember a few years back when Russia (or somebody) drilled a hole so deep it went into Hell and they could hear people screaming down there.

Now what am I supposed to believe when both theories seem so credible? 

(ETA: I'm joking, just in case someone reads this that doesn't know me.)

Nah, he believes the Sun is the Lake of Fire described in Revelations. Hell is beneath the Earth, and provides some really compelling evidence for this. I expected it to take an interesting turn, but really, it's 17 minutes of tripe presented by a real smug preacher.

As usual... all they care about is how they present their crap. The what doesn't matter because it's all bullshit anyway.

Just like with all "new" babblical cretinist "evidence"... it's always the same old crap, just told a bit differently.

• Like 1

My physics hurts. Watching this makes my brain want to buy whiskey so it can kill the part that will remember watching it.

• Like 3

As usual... all they care about is how they present their crap. The what doesn't matter because it's all bullshit anyway.

Just like with all "new" babblical cretinist "evidence"... it's always the same old crap, just told a bit differently.

ironically that's how church is too. it's the same old message but told with different cherry picked verses.

wow god is so sweet....he gives non believers 2 deaths! not 1...but 2!! OH JOY

Is anyone else laughing at the way he bites his lower lip or is it just me.... 

Every time I watch one of these videos it makes me feel really weird. It's very strange watching people talk about something they believe based on faith, then giving evidence for what they believe. It feels like they are acting, but they don't know it. It's the way they talk, they try so hard to sound charismatic and humorous, using any tactic but actual observations and test results to drive their point home. 

This is like, the worst form of cherry picking too. Many things the bible claims have happened have been proven impossible with modern science, but all this guy fixates on is some vague misinterpreted descriptions of what someone's imaginary hell is like, and claims that modern science supports the claim that hell is in the center of the earth which is a claim the bible never actually makes. 

• Like 1

He's right on one point though: the Sun will be our eventual destination. One day it's gonna swallow the Earth. Thanks God for putting it there so we could all see it! Sounds like the millenial God-Reich is gonna be lots of fun as well. All those pious people can look up at the Sun and say, "See that Billy? That's where your uncle is. And he's BURNIN'!"

I don't think any of these Christians understand what "science" or "proof" actually means...

• Super Moderator

Wait...  If hell evolved from the sun, why do we still have the sun?  Did my science just break?

• Like 1

Wait...  If hell evolved from the sun, why do we still have the sun?  Did my science just break?

No you're getting it all wrong! It's the mantle below the Earth that's Hell, the Sun is the Lake of Fire from Revelation! To be fair, the latter part was only his theory, but I'm sure those scientists he relies on will prove it any day now.

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Is anyone else laughing at the way he bites his lower lip or is it just me....

I guess I'm a bad person, but I get an urge to punch something when I see him. His smug and self-righteous mannerisms, speech and intonation pisses me off.

I'm not going to even bother watching the video but judging from the picture on the video still itself, who the hell doesn't know what the core of the Earth is? Dead people certainly don't go there when they die.

The lengths a mind will go to avoid the prospect of death... wow. Somehow, it seems to me that these people really don't understand what death is... it's like way deep down they really think they will just keep on living... whether in an ideal state or in pain (and of course, to them, that means we all will). Oblivion doesn't seem to make it into their consciousness at all. All this myth-making, myth exaggeration and imagination run wild just attests to the state of a subconscious utter abnegation of the prospect of death. It's all very ego-driven.

I find it fascinating in a weird way... following the evolution of their myths over the ages, and this century especially.

It's denial and projection on an epic psychological and sociological scale. It's very dangerous to the survival of our species (and many others) though.

sad

• Like 1

But, but but....Paul said our sins were nailed to the cross, did'nt he? Ergo, no more sin. Blech, this makes my brain want sleep.