Goodbye Jesus

And Counting..........

Castiel233

We are told there are 2.1 billion Christians on Earth  at the current time. 2.1 billion. Different shades and stripes of commitment, some red faced, biblically literalistic, anti freedom nutters, all the way down to liberal, isn't Jesus super lovely types.......

Lets assume all of them pray at least twice a day, every day. 4.2 billion prayers a day reaching up to Heaven......just from Christians........

Now lets look at Islam.....1.6 billion followers, give or take.......again let us assume , that all of them pray the expected five times a day ........8 billion prayers a day......

12.4  billion prayers every day, in  different languages......setting aside the logistics of God hearing and sorting out these prayers.....what is the net result on reality......

Zero, as far as we can tell......

Think about that if you are a believer.........

12.4 billion prayers a day to a single being......and none of them acted upon......and still the prayers go on  

• Like 2

Hey now! You're discounting all the answered prayers...the keys that have magically been found, the parking space that magically opened up, the job promotion or bonus that made the person a lot more money...plenty of evidence that prayer works! :D

• Like 1

And don't forget all the football games that were won through prayer!

And the occasional hole-in-one and lottery winners... Don't forget those.

And also the "please let tornado ruin my neighbors house instead of mine" "THANK YOU GOD"

And then you have Hindu prayers, Jewish prayers, Sikh prayers, Deism prayers........add them into the mix, probably a few extra hundred million of prayers a day there......

Lord help me to find my keys while I also look for them (YOU GOT IT, MY FAITHFUL SERVANT )

Lord, I have fallen down a well, no one knows I am here and I have no phone, send an angel to save me (Cricket noises) 

• Like 1

Sometimes He says, "Yes."

Sometimes He says, "No."

Sometimes He says, "Not yet."

And sometimes He says, "Will you people shut the fuck up already?!?"

Based on all the Hail Mary passes that resulted in touchdowns it kind of looked like some Divine intervention to me.

James 5;16 

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective."

I doubt it 

Lord help me to find my keys while I also look for them (YOU GOT IT, MY FAITHFUL SERVANT )

Lord, I have fallen down a well, no one knows I am here and I have no phone, send an angel to save me (Cricket noises) 

Just like how Santa Clause is always taking care of the children of rich parents but the children of poor folks get crap.

Lord, I got this disease, help me brah! (GOD: You got it brah!) (Doctors work their expertise and he's saved with drugs and therapy)

Everyone Else: PRAISE JESUS!

Lord, I just saw you cure the disease of this other dude! Help me regrow my arms! (GOD: Nah man, you ain't got enough FAITH!)

Everyone Else: It's okay, the Lawd works in mysterious ways...I'm sure this is just an important lesson in life! Hang on to your faith, buddy! If he brought you to it, he'll get you through it!

What happens when both teams pray for a win?

Think about that if you are a believer.........

12.4 billion prayers a day to a single being......and none of them acted upon......

but I did find my car keys!

Weird how God is like that bobblehead fortune-teller machine from the Twilight Zone, the one that spits out prewritten answers (like "yes," "no" and "not yet"): People keep relying on him to decide their fates for them...it's so sad. I know some people who are moving their two little kids along with upcoming third one because dad - of course, the dad - was called by God to preach at some other church. Know another fairly newly-married couple going to Papua New Guinea because of a call from God. *sigh

Lord, I got this disease, help me brah!

How about, "Hey asshole, why did you give me this disease in the first place?"

• Super Moderator

"...By his stripes we are healed..." Isaiah 53:5

"Why won't god heal me?  I've prayed, been anointed with oil, had the elders lay hands on me, and taken holy communion.  Why am I still not healed?"

"It must not be god's will to heal you."

We are invited to believe that jesus took 39 lashes with a cat o' nine for the specific purpose of healing us; yet it never seems to be his "will" to heal us.  This raises the question:  What kind of idiot endures that kind of torture, only to change his mind?

What kind of idiot endures that kind of torture, only to change his mind?

god

Guest Furball

Just like how Santa Clause is always taking care of the children of rich parents but the children of poor folks get crap.

Funny how god seems to always be preoccupied with helping the rich while putting the poor on permanent ignore. 

A xian friend of mine on fb posted that her 2-year-old daughter had a fever (a normal winter cold fever, not a 105-degree fever), and her xians friends posted lots of "praying for her" and "praying for your family."  I'm guessing they'll count this as an answered prayer when a 2-year-old in a first world country in a conscientious family with good health care and good hygiene practices gets over her fever.  *eye roll*

A xian friend of mine on fb posted that her 2-year-old daughter had a fever (a normal winter cold fever, not a 105-degree fever), and her xians friends posted lots of "praying for her" and "praying for your family."  I'm guessing they'll count this as an answered prayer when a 2-year-old in a first world country in a conscientious family with good health care and good hygiene practices gets over her fever.  *eye roll*

God said "yes" and healed the 2 year old here in the US.

God said "no" to the 2 year old who died of fever in Africa. 

Yup.

I got a parking space really close to the store yesterday! Yeah, I know that millions of people and children are starving, but.... but...I was 'blessed' to get a close parking spot.  

I.m embarrassed to say at one time I actually felt this way! Wendybanghead.gif

Today I was taking my wife to the orthopedic doc for an injection into her thumb joint, which has deteriorated due to arthritis.  We had a brief conversation with a woman who was also entering the building. The woman said she was a nurse and knew all the doctors at the practice. My wife mentioned some of her other orthopedic issues (there are many) and the woman gave wifey a hug and said something about asking Jesus to protect her. As we turned to go into the office, the woman said, "You don't need that. Just pray to Jesus." Glad I never had her as a nurse.