Goodbye Jesus

Spiritual Satanism Make Belief

SerenelyBlue

It's amazing how a non existent being and myth, can conjure up so much fear.

Many spiritual satanists believe you can conduct spiritual warfare through meditation or that you can leave your body and travel during meditation.

Let me break it to you... You can create new worlds in hypnosis or meditations, but that does not mean it is real.

C.S. Lewis, in Screwtape letters, is a prime example of how the Christians believe Satan inserts malicious thoughts into your mind. Guess what folks... Everything going on in your mind is your affair. Don't blame a non existent being for making you cheat on your wife. Own up to it. Take responsibility.

Through mental illness one can hear voices and simulate exorcisms.

No matter what your preacher told you. There is no Satan. He is a well crafted myth designed to scare you into submission.

For a long time he was a character in my daily thought life.

It is time to put him away and seeing that it is all just superstition.

I see that now.

• Like 1

I think the reason people become "Satanists" of any form is just a way of getting back at the old religion by identifying with the principle antagonist of the biblegod. Some simply acknowledge "Satan" as symbolic, others believe it refers to a real spiritual entity.

If it is indeed true (and there is ample evidence to suggest there is) that the spiritual world is a manifestation of mental delusions, then there is no need to retain it as a concept to live in. I can retreat into my imagination and my own "little world" if it helps me feel better, but trying to pretend the world of the imaginary is something you can live in as if it were reality, is something I realized was stupid at the age of about 8. Then I got into religion and simply traded that for (at least flirting with) other people's collective imagination or at least my own distorted version of the same which made even less sense. Much less fun, and much less rewarding.

I use to be very worried about what real Satanists believe or do.  Now I'm like meh.  If they are not actually harming anybody then it really doesn't matter to me anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

True, "satan" is an abrahamic construct, ergo, does'nt exist. That being said, most satanists (I'm not one) believe that THEY are the "god" in thier lives. Then you have the theisitic satanists that do the rituals and such; this sometimes overlaps some beliefs in paganism.