Goodbye Jesus

Angriest Ex-Christian On The Planet Pt #2

Bluechipx

Check this guy out for blunt! I have watched pt #1 and #2 and still have three to go and wonder what more could possibly be said. (colorful language!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvCnJGvgwzc

This was really, really good Bluechipx. This is a good post for EX-c.

I can relate to him very much because these are the teachings that I had thrown on me when I was very young and naive in the Pentecostal church.

I love where he says he's not really an atheist, he's just a 'mother-fucker' who is bitter towards the christian god. Boy, can I relate to that! Thanks for posting.

(hug)

My only issue with the video is that it plays into christians internal story that all ex-christians are just "bitter" and "want to sin". I mean, I really don't care what they think, but they do love playing that card.

Preach!

My only issue with the video is that it plays into christians internal story that all ex-christians are just "bitter" and "want to sin". I mean, I really don't care what they think, but they do love playing that card.

We have a right to some bitterness. It fades with time though. 

• Like 1

We have a right to some bitterness. It fades with time though. 

Oh for sure! I'm pretty bitter about the shit I've dealt with, even though it isn't that bad compared to others. I understand for sure.

• Like 1

It is only natural to go through some bitterness once you understand that you've been lied to. I'm trying to help one of my friends right now who is going through this in the worst way possible. Good thing he can't make a you tube  because he would sound like a raving maniac. He wants the whole world to know that the christian god does not exist and  he is actually ruining relationships over it. I may direct him to this website even though he doesn't know I'm on here. It's just such a shame because he is going through so much anger and I can totally relate.

"God is riding YOUR coattails!"

I admit, even when I was heavy into the faith, I often got annoyed when people said my musical ability was a gift from God. Ummm, no... My dad paid for years of piano lessons, my mom drove me and my sister to lessons every week, I practiced (often kicking and screaming) almost every day. For my trumpet, I played every day in band class at school from 5th grade to 12th, plus all those band camps and football games and concerts and all that. I put in my time! And before every service here as an adult I practice at home for at least 15-20 hours per week (because I'm still not as polished or confident as I'd like to be, damn perfectionism). Not to be selfish or toot my own horn -- but can I get a little credit here?

Yeah, this guy made me laugh out loud.

• Like 1

Well I just watched all five parts of this series and when I said I watched two of them and wondered what more could be said, I was wrong, it does keep getting better! This guy is genuinely pissed!

If you don't have time to watch several minutes of these vids, go to part five and watch the last thirty seconds, it is classically great!

"God is riding YOUR coattails!"

I admit, even when I was heavy into the faith, I often got annoyed when people said my musical ability was a gift from God. Ummm, no... My dad paid for years of piano lessons, my mom drove me and my sister to lessons every week, I practiced (often kicking and screaming) almost every day. For my trumpet, I played every day in band class at school from 5th grade to 12th, plus all those band camps and football games and concerts and all that. I put in my time! And before every service here as an adult I practice at home for at least 15-20 hours per week (because I'm still not as polished or confident as I'd like to be, damn perfectionism). Not to be selfish or toot my own horn -- but can I get a little credit here?

Yeah, this guy made me laugh out loud.

I practiced classical violin and piano 3 hours a day, 6 days a week, from age 4 - 18. Yet nobody ever considered the time, the dedication, the whacks over the fingers with a wooden spoon, and the tens of thousands of dollars in music lessons and instruments - it was always just "Let us praise god for the gift he has given you". At a young age, this mentality of attributing all positives to god set off alarm bells... probably the first seeds of doubt ever planted in my mind. This guy has a lot of good points, but god riding on our coattails stood out to me too. 

• Like 1