Goodbye Jesus

I Can't Believe I'm Finally Free!

born1ce

Hi All, some of you might remember me as the hysterical one who was convinced I was going to hell -I have intense fears of hell due to my stupid scrupulosity.  You all provided a lot of helpful feedback and advice and I can now say I am free!! I no longer feel that fear that "what if" it's all true? What if there is a hell? what if this or that...I remember envying so many of you because you had the mental freedom that I craved--and now I have it. I feel like I've been let out of a mental prison. Of course this means i am going to lose nearly all my friends, but I seriously don't care---pretending to believe like they did has been stressful. I mean I can't say  I was pretending, but I was having serious doubts and I didn't feel comfortable enough to express them without being ostracized. Anyhow, thank you all for the words you helped me with back then. Now if I could only move out of the Bible Belt...:rolleyes.gif 

• Like 4

That's great news.  I am glad you have overcome religious scrupulosity.  I hope you find many intellectual and physical activities to invest your time.  As to you (soon to be former) friends, it's probably best to just move on and not continue to deal with their beliefs and issues.  New friends await you.

• Like 2

Bless the Lard, Sister! I'm very happy to hear that you are free! Glory!

• Like 1

Congratulations, @born1ce smile.png I hope you can put that type of thinking behind you forever.

• Like 1

I'm so happy you finally feel free born1ce! Good for you. I totally understand what you have gone through. I think hell is the scariest doctrine in the world to be brainwashed with. I have watched so many documentaries about the planet earth and what goes on deep within the earth's crust that I can certainly see where the ancient people's thought that there was a fire ''down-there'' were you would burn to death if you went against the christian god. When they witnessed volcanoes and lava and all that stuff, they would naturally not understand the way the planet works the way we do today. I am reading a lot about the San Andreas fault-line right now and I can still see where all the christians are still talking about god's wrath coming soon to this part of the earth. Every now and again, even to this day after years of deconverting, I can still suffer a bit of fear (of hell) when I get emotional .... but as soon as I allow my intellect and new knowledge about science to kick in, I know it's just all part of the planet earth.

Wishing you much peace.

((hug))

What everyone else said, me too. Congrats!

• Like 1

Congrats to you. You will find friends.

Thinking rationally has so many benefits

• Like 1

Thanks All, I appreciate the support. I am adjusting to my  freedom from the "thought police". This must be how people who are released from prison feel...you logically know you are free, but don't know how to think and act in normal society yet:)

• Like 1

Welcome to freedom! 

• Like 1