Goodbye Jesus

Another Stupid Christian Gets Darwinned!

Fweethawt

God was too busy helping Auntie Edna find her car keys when this dude tried that. We all know that's much more important.

• Like 2

I visited this very same Kruger National Park in 2002. The park literature makes very clear, in no uncertain terms, the understanding that has been carefully cultivated between the lions and the humans:

• Meatbag inside vehicle = revenue-bearing tourist
  • Meatbag outside vehicle = delicious Darwin Award

I was still a Christian at the time, yet I do not recall in the literature any exceptions being made for meatbags who are Christians.

Being a Christian, I was acutely aware of the special place reserved for Homo sapiens in Yahweh’s order of things. Surely the lions must know this. Still, this was 8 months after my faith had been irrecoverably shaken, and in retrospect, that must have had an effect on my confidence in Yahweh’s arrangements, because I had the audacity to verify my faith. Days before visiting the park, I tried to verify with the locals that the lions had no taste for human meat. I was assured of the exact opposite.

For some reason, the stories of Christians being fed to the lions had slipped my mind. Unlike myself, Mr. Ndiwane lives in Africa, and should have known better.

• Like 2

Yup that other link worked right.

Go Darwin! firedevil.gif

Once on a radio program a caller asked Richard Dawkins about the origin of life.  Dawkins replied that it was “a happy chemical accident.”

From what I see and know, I choose to believe this:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

~ Genesis 1:1

Yes we know this already, your point being?

Mr. "I Was Indoctrinated with the Christian Religion as a Child but Refuse to Acknowledge It" speaks.

It's a choice on what each of us chooses to believe

...except when it isn't.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion... but not to their own facts.

Therefore evolution. Case closed.

• Like 3

So, are you a YEC or do you believe in God-guided (theistic) evolution?

And you choose to believe that you can tell us that you're going to share your skeptical appraisal of Christianity with us...

...and then not do it, Ironhorse?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

From the link:

"Prophet Alec Ndiwane who is based in the Pretoria Soshanguve was with fellow church members in the Kruger National Park where they were watching animals.It is believed the prophet went into a trance and started to speak in tongues."

Just another example why this present day "speaking in tongues" stuff is false. 

Belief isn't really a choice, is it? There aren't degrees of belief, either you do or you don't, right? And certainly God would know if you are faking belief.

(I wonder if he would give you points for pretending??)

Belief isn't really a choice, is it? There aren't degrees of belief, either you do or you don't, right? And certainly God would know if you are faking belief.

The guy in the video is fake. 

The guy in the video is fake. 

IH, do you mean fake because the whole thing was staged?  Because if it isn't staged, the guy in the video is very real. Misguided maybe. Believes in a god that isn't there maybe. But fake? What if he thinks your faith is fake?  What if the present day 'speaking in tongues' stuff is real, and God is miffed at you for disparaging his gifts to you?  Are you quenching the Holy Spirit? I bet you're even afraid to eat or drink something poisonous, even though God promised you that it wouldn't hurt you. Do you lay hands on the sick, and if you do, do they recover? I'd bet not, because maybe you don't really believe, you just give mental ascent to your Gospel. 

Some people might think you're fake, because you can post on a bunch of threads in a row on your wood burner laptop and bad internet connection, but you can't post the skeptical appraisal of your faith that you claim you already have. 

A Zion Christian Church prophet who was filled with the Holy Spirit recently ‘challenged’ a lion to do battle in the Kruger National Park.

~ from the link posted

I say... not "stupid Christian" but false teaching being acted out in a stupid way.  

Don’t believe everything you hear. Carefully weigh and examine what people tell you. Not everyone who talks about God comes from God. There are a lot of lying preachers loose in the world.

~ John 1  4:1 (The Message)

As with almost all of false teachings surrounding Christianity, the Zion Christian Church is heavy in Pentecostalism. Their churches are located in Southern Africa.

Z.C. C was formed by Engenas Barnabas Lekganyane. Lekganyane is believed to have supernatural powers (believed to be the mediator between man and God). This is the reason why most worship songs are about him.

Other teachings:

-A person is saved only through baptism in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, by dipping him/her in water 3 times.

-The Z.C.C Church Members have a strong belief in Prophets and Prophecies.

-Healing ministries and spiritual counseling.

-The use of holy water, drinking of blessed tea and coffee, and the wearing of blessed cords or cloth.

A Zion Christian Church prophet who was filled with the Holy Spirit recently ‘challenged’ a lion to do battle in the Kruger National Park.

~ from the link posted

I say... not "stupid Christian" but false teaching being acted out in a stupid way.  

Don’t believe everything you hear. Carefully weigh and examine what people tell you. Not everyone who talks about God comes from God. There are a lot of lying preachers loose in the world.

~ John 1  4:1 (The Message)

As with almost all of false teachings surrounding Christianity, the Zion Christian Church is heavy in Pentecostalism. Their churches are located in Southern Africa.

Z.C. C was formed by Engenas Barnabas Lekganyane. Lekganyane is believed to have supernatural powers (believed to be the mediator between man and God). This is the reason why most worship songs are about him.

Other teachings:

-A person is saved only through baptism in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, by dipping him/her in water 3 times.

-The Z.C.C Church Members have a strong belief in Prophets and Prophecies.

-Healing ministries and spiritual counseling.

-The use of holy water, drinking of blessed tea and coffee, and the wearing of blessed cords or cloth.

*responding* to IH, against his best judgement, perhaps in hopes that IH is what he seems to so obviously be, an atheist troll.  His posts are all such predictable fundamentalist drivel...

Ironhorse's religious dogma, tenets, teachings, rituals and scripture are the Truth™, according to Ironhorse.

~ John 1  4:1 (The Message)...d

Ironhorse fancies himself as one who "comes from God".  That makes him important, at least to himself.

*responding* to IH, against his best judgement, perhaps in hopes that IH is what he seems to so obviously be, an atheist troll.  His posts are all such predictable fundamentalist drivel...

I strongly doubt IH is a POE, atheist troll or similar character.

It's cute when you quote bible passages to us