Goodbye Jesus

The Silent Companions - Aka Imaginary Friends

Fweethawt

http://thepsychologist.bps.org.uk/volume-29/april/silent-companions

Someone is there; at your side, or just behind you. A feeling of a person or agency, without being heard or seen. It is a felt presence, one of the most unusual experiences a person can have, and yet also a feeling that will be familiar to many. Sometimes referred to as sensed presences or extracampine hallucinations, such experiences are described in a wide variety of sources and contexts, including survival situations, bereavement, sleep paralysis, and neurological disorder.

Are you implying that me having imaginary friends is a bad thing? Say it ain't so.

As long as they're not bad friends, it's okay. A little.

• Super Moderator

I am someone's imaginary friend.

Hmmm...

This might go some way to explaining the still, small voice of God that Elijah heard when he was quite alone in the wilderness, at Mount Horeb.

1 Kings 19 : 8 - 13

And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God.

And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the Lord came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah?

10 And he said, I have been very jealous for the Lord God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lordwas not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:

12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

13 And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?

• Like 1

Alls I know is it's a lot easier to be with my imaginary lover since my imaginary friend quit looking down at us all the time with that sad puppy dog look in his eyes. 

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Most of my imaginary friends are members of this website.

• Like 5

We are probably more helpful and understanding than most of your physical friends. Are we really imaginary?

• Like 1

Hehe
  • Like 1

• Super Moderator

We are probably more helpful and understanding than most of your physical friends. Are we really imaginary?

I guess we should define "imaginary".

All my other personalities tell me that I imagine things too much......

Don't listen to them, Margee! They wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for your imagination. Tell them that. It works so well that I used it to bring down the biggest imaginary friend this world has ever seen once, and yeah, he was inside my head when I told him that.

• Like 1

We're much more than just "friends" in my imagination! Those sanitary gloves on your avatar? Suffice to say, they have their uses...

• 2 weeks later...

Don't listen to them, Margee! They wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for your imagination. Tell them that. It works so well that I used it to bring down the biggest imaginary friend this world has ever seen once, and yeah, he was inside my head when I told him that.

and what dirty uses to you have in mind?

• 3 weeks later...

Someone is there; at your side, or just behind you. A feeling of a person or agency, without being heard or seen. It is a felt presence, one of the most unusual experiences a person can have, and yet also a feeling that will be familiar to many. Sometimes referred to as sensed presences or extracampine hallucinations, such experiences are described in a wide variety of sources and contexts, including survival situations, bereavement, sleep paralysis, and neurological disorder.

I read the article. 

I did like seeing the verses from T.S. Eliot.

You know, one of those feeble minded Christians we get told about here in the Lion's Den.

http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2011/10/12/2972229.htm

I read the article. 

You know, one of those feeble minded Christians we get told about here in the Lion's Den.

Yes, it is not surprising that you would be drawn to the poet who was also a Christian, like a moth to a flame, or an addict to heroin, and ignore the bulk of the article, which dealt with science.

Your brain's neural paths are what they are. 

I read the article. 

Yes, it is not surprising that you would be drawn to the poet who was also a Christian, like a moth to a flame, or an addict to heroin, and ignore the bulk of the article, which dealt with science.

Your brain's neural paths are what they are. 

Science? 

Dr Ben Alderson-Day, the dude who wrote the article is a Research Associate in the Department of Psychology at Durham University.

I have no problem with that but to imply what he wrote is science is a bit far reaching. Don't you think?

Science? 

Dr Ben Alderson-Day, the dude who wrote the article is a Research Associate in the Department of Psychology at Durham University.

I have no problem with that but to imply what he wrote is science is a bit far reaching. Don't you think?

Please define "science" before further discussion ensues.  I know that may be difficult for you.  You actually have to think for yourself and respond using your own words.  But, of course, you can just cut and paste if that's all you feel capable of doing.

It's really hard for humans to develop new neural connections and pathways in their brain, particularly when they are older, say north of 50 years old.  But please try.

Science? 

Please define "science" before further discussion ensues.  I know that may be difficult for you.  You actually have to think for yourself and respond using your own words.  But, of course, you can just cut and paste if that's all you feel capable of doing.

It's really hard for humans to develop new neural connections and pathways in their brain, particularly when they are older, say north of 50 years old.  But please try.

Define science? Are you kidding?

I remember chasing rabbits on this road last year when we could not agree on the definition of epicurean.

"cut and paste" not my own words? A majority of the threads here lately have been posts of anti-Christian links.

It's really hard for humans to develop new neural connections and pathways in their brain, particularly when they are older, say north of 50 years old.  But please try.

So, you do not know me or my age yet, now you accuse me of being senile. 

Can I offer you a tin of King Oscar sardines? 

Sardines?  No thanks, Ironhorse.

Your skeptical appraisal of your Christian faith?  Yes please.

Science? 

Define science? Are you kidding?

I remember chasing rabbits on this road last year when we could not agree on the definition of epicurean.

"cut and paste" not my own words? A majority of the threads here lately have been posts of anti-Christian links.

It's really hard for humans to develop new neural connections and pathways in their brain, particularly when they are older, say north of 50 years old.  But please try.

So, you do not know me or my age yet, now you accuse me of being senile. 

Can I offer you a tin of King Oscar sardines? 

Of course you won't define "science".  I already knew that based on the MO you exhibit here.

You stated your age in a prior thread, either here or on one of the other forums that you used to post your Sunday Dispatches.

Your transformation of "new neural connections and pathways in the brain" into a claim of senility is an example of lack of reading comprehension, or intentional hyperbole.