Goodbye Jesus

A Long Powerpoint Debunking The Resurrection Of Jesus

Shinzon

Where's that skeptical appraisal, Ironhorse?

[snip]

I have secular faith that he never had, doesn't have, and will never have a written skeptical appraisal of his religious faith.

• Super Moderator

[snip]

I have secular faith that he never had, doesn't have, and will never have a written skeptical appraisal of his religious faith.

It is our lack of understanding that caused words like "faith" to exist.

• Like 1

[snip]

Ha ha...and words like "soul" too.

Of course, the inside joke is my use of the word faith twice, each preceded by a different adjective, i.e., "secular faith" and "religious faith".  Use of the adjectives clarify that I am using the two different common definitions of the word "faith" in the same sentence.  The secular definition is trust or confidence based on prior experience and evidence.  The religious definition, rooted in the Biblical definition (see Hebrews), is wishful thinking without evidence.

As to Ironhorse and his claims of personal skeptical analysis of his religious faith and his promise to publish his written tome about that, my secular faith is based on specific evidence, Ironhorse's writings on this forum.  Of course, his faith is religious faith, wishful thinking (instilled with indoctrination, peer pressure and other events/causes) without evidence.  Indeed, despite evidence.

• 3 weeks later...

[snip]

Of course, the inside joke is my use of the word faith twice, each preceded by a different adjective, i.e., "secular faith" and "religious faith".  Use of the adjectives clarify that I am using the two different common definitions of the word "faith" in the same sentence.  The secular definition is trust or confidence based on prior experience and evidence.  The religious definition, rooted in the Biblical definition (see Hebrews), is wishful thinking without evidence.

As to Ironhorse and his claims of personal skeptical analysis of his religious faith and his promise to publish his written tome about that, my secular faith is based on specific evidence, Ironhorse's writings on this forum.  Of course, his faith is religious faith, wishful thinking (instilled with indoctrination, peer pressure and other events/causes) without evidence.  Indeed, despite evidence.

Yes, please take note. Any questioning or skeptical analysis of Christianity by me should be dismissed.

I can't prove Jesus came back from the dead. I just believe he did. 

[snip]

Yes, please take note. Any questioning or skeptical analysis of Christianity by me should be dismissed.

I can't prove Jesus came back from the dead. I just believe he did. 

No, Ironhorse!  PageofCupsNono.gif

Your claim (see below) to have skeptically appraised your christian faith will not be dismissed, forgotten or swept under the rug.

At 4:51 p.m. October 25, 2015 Ironhorse wrote...

As I have said here more than once, I have already been through the process of skeptically appraising God, the Bible, and the Christian faith. I spent several years doing that and have spent all my life trying to get to the truth of things. I don't claim to know everything about God or the scriptures, but what I know is enough for me to believe it's true. It is what I believe.

Therefore, please present this skeptical appraisal to us.

Thanks,

BAA.

Way too long for this puppy. But forwarding the cursor at random over the Craig-Cavin debate linked by Ironhorse, I landed on this, in the voice of Craig:

"... the Resurrection Theory is NOT implausible once you posit that God can have raised him from the dead."  Or words to that effect.

Usual farting around with hypotheticals.

Can someone summarize what Cavin thinks IS the most plausible explanation?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Way too long for this puppy. But forwarding the cursor at random over the Craig-Cavin debate linked by Ironhorse, I landed on this, in the voice of Craig:

"... the Resurrection Theory is NOT implausible once you posit that God can have raised him from the dead."  Or words to that effect.

Usual farting around with hypotheticals.

Can someone summarize what Cavin thinks IS the most plausible explanation?

Thanks

It's at the end of the presentation: Pure Literary Construction

He presented contradicting accounts between Mark and Luke to demonstrate the story's construction and evolution.

Since Luke restricted the appearances of a risen Christ to the greater Jerusalem area, they couldn't follow Mark in having the Angels order the women to tell the disciples to go meet Jesus in Galilee, so he changed Mark’s original, "he is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him, as he told you," to, "Remember how he told you while he was still in Galilee, that the son of man..."