Goodbye Jesus

This Is Why Most Religions Say You Can't Eat Pork...

Fweethawt

Cuz there's the devil in them there pigs!!!!!!

oe2ppAR.jpg

Deviled ham?

Green Fags and Ham, by Dr Seuss.

He looks delicious.

He's smiling and waving at me!

Have you ever been to a farm and see how pigs live and what they eat? sick.gif  Nuff said?

• Like 1

I'm glad my faith sets me free!

Anchovies to zucchini...I enjoy all the great foods.

Where's that skeptical appraisal, Ironhorse.

I don't know what pigs eat but the squalor they live in let alone the choking smell that lingers around the pen that makes a city guy like me want to throw up is probably why they don't want to eat it.

So what do you do when you eat shellfish?

So what do you do when you eat shellfish?

Jesus put an end to that, dontcha know? Of course, he ignored other laws, such as gay sex, putting women outside of town while she's on her period, or stoning your kids for misbehaving. But eating shellfish or pigs, TOTALLY COOL YO! Otherwise, not one letter of the law will disappear until the end.

• Like 1

Have you ever been to a farm and see how pigs live and what they eat? sick.gif  Nuff said?

Yup. It's quite terrible, first and foremost for the pigs, unless it's one of those very rare farms where the animals get to roam rather freely and are not confined to a 6 m^2 concrete pen. Couldn't really care less if it eeks out the consumers though, you get what you pay for.

Peter had a "vision" (read: a dream) about eating all these forbidden foods and so now we can.  If only the biblical authors weren't so shy about writing about all those other things Peter must have certainly dreamed about over his life time.  The sky would certainly be the limit for all the things that would no longer be forbidden and what all we'd be allowed to do.  But prudes will be prudes and apparently their immediate interest was getting a ham sandwich.

mwc

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

Peter had a "vision" (read: a dream) about eating all these forbidden foods and so now we can.  If only the biblical authors weren't so shy about writing about all those other things Peter must have certainly dreamed about over his life time.  The sky would certainly be the limit for all the things that would no longer be forbidden and what all we'd be allowed to do.  But prudes will be prudes and apparently their immediate interest was getting a ham sandwich.

mwc

Then, enter Paul, and it conveniently becomes the place of the woman to make said ham sandwich.

• Like 1

mwc

As someone else so nicely put it (don't look at me, I'm not a blasphemer!): Jesus died so we could eat bacon.

• Like 1

Well that's it then. I'm having a couple of BLT* sandwiches for dinner tomorrow. If I don't, it's like a slap in the face to Jesus on the cross.

BTW*, did anyone else but me notice that ham devil in the picture above looks to be fairly well hung? 

*Fweethawt, BLT means "bacon, lettuce and tomato", and BTW means "by the way". I know you don't read fluent abbreviation. I don't always get it either. POS was a tough one, and I found out that context also applies! In one context it means "parent over shoulder" and in the other it means what you called your new phone when you first got it, you know?

• Like 1

POS was a tough one, and I found out that context also applies! In one context it means "parent over shoulder" and in the other it means what you called your new phone when you first got it, you know?

So POS can also mean, 'Phone Obviously Sucks'???