Goodbye Jesus

Inside A Bible Belt Classroom (On Evolution)

Fweethawt

Hahaha... "we differn' ssskiiiin"

Lemme guess, Texas again? Definitely sounds southern, but then again I'm an ignorant European so you'll have to excuse me if I am off the wall here.

At 1:58 a student asks, "How can, like, an African American person evolve from a white person?"

Technically we all evolved from Africans, but regardless of that, this question is actually even in conflict with his own Bible, which says that all mankind descended from Adam and Eve.

I knew more about the World when I was 9 then these high schoolers do, and I was hardly a prodigy...

The instructor is teaching Christian religious creationism is a public school in violation of law.

Note the indoctrination and creationist lies instilled in the young students.

Hahaha... "we differn' ssskiiiin"

Lemme guess, Texas again? Definitely sounds southern, but then again I'm an ignorant European so you'll have to excuse me if I am off the wall here.

It's Dayton, Tennessee. I breathed a sigh of relief because I live near Dayton, OH and thought they were talking about this area.

And here he is, a highly rated teacher.....

Screen_Shot_2016_04_15_at_Friday_April_1

I think Darwin's On the Origin of Species should be required reading. I denied evolution for years until I checked this book out at the library. It's old, so you don't get bogged down to the cells and genes. It is observational, easy to understand, and makes so much sense.

I think Darwin's On the Origin of Species should be required reading. I denied evolution for years until I checked this book out at the library. It's old, so you don't get bogged down to the cells and genes. It is observational, easy to understand, and makes so much sense.

The teacher who taught us evolution was extremely batty, so I kind of decided that evolution was batty as well at the time. I found that book for free on the kindle and am almost all the way done with it. I agree with you. Easy to understand. I'm also reading Origins by Neil deGrasse Tyson and Donald Goldsmith. A little harder to understand. :D

1: 52 ..."I couldn't do it."

If the teach can't do what's in the remit of his job...why aren't his employers his ex-employers?

They might be, since the link I found shows him not in Dayton, TN anymore.

Head and shoulders above what I got at my xian school in biology.  They basically lied and glossed over any/all of these topics.  Ultimately they "believed" (they sort of, kind of, had to since they had no other explanation) in "micro-evolution" but not "macro-evolution."

mwc

Ah, the "micro-evolution" crap. Did anyone ever inform them that it's exactly the same process as straight up evolution? Did they teach you Baraminology as well?

Ahh, the belief in magic... Makes everything so much simpler to explain! Gawd, poot us heur on thuh urth! HE POOT US HEUR!!!

• Like 1

Ah, the "micro-evolution" crap. Did anyone ever inform them that it's exactly the same process as straight up evolution? Did they teach you Baraminology as well?

I had to look up "Baraminology."  They didn't use that term but the concept was taught to me.  This was back in the 80's.  This is essentially how Noah's Ark worked.  Each kind went on the ark (that's how they all fit) and then they were the parents of all that species we see today.  So two dogs led to all the dogs we have now and so on through all the animals.

Many years ago I was poking around the net and my former principal had started a website called "Revelation Against Evolution."  It's long gone now but I think you get what it was about from just it's name.  It also underscores the education I received on the subject.

mwc

This still pisses me off. "It doesn't make any seeeenseee!". Dude, when I was like six I loved dinosaurs, and I remember that I thought that the Triceratops was the ancestor of the Rhinoceros. Now, that may be a bit off on the cladistics (:D) but if a pre-school kid can grasp the concept of things, y'know, changing, then so should a 16 year old.