Goodbye Jesus

Some Notes About Me

ironhorse

Full Disclosure!

It's been pointed out to me that perhaps Ironhorse was referring to his membership of ONLY the Lion's Den and that he's not a member of any other forum WITHIN Ex-Christian.net.

Here's my response, if that's the case.

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/62102-i-trusted-ironhorse-just-once-never-again/#.V2-QIvkrJD8

I stopped trusting Ironhorse long ago and despite his promises, he's made no real effort to win back my trust.

If I'm wrong about this I'll admit I'm wrong.

But Ironhorse has got a LOT of work to do before I trust him again.

Thanks,

BAA.

Well, if I accused IH of lying and it was a misunderstanding, I guess I owe him an apology.

4 members, 41 guests,

Dude, ironhorse is a Member of our family. I don't think that he new it. We need to be patient with him. He thought he was our enemy. I'm sure that a simple "Sorry dude" will be fine. Damn, how long has he been in the Lion's Den? He thought that he was a martyr, instead of our friend. We need to teach him better apologetics. TrueScotsman was a better apologist.

Creating Biblical Characters

By  Thomas L. Thompson

Professor of Old Testament, University of Copenhagen  May 2005

Job, in his utopian, king-like role in Job 29, provides me with a useful paradigm for the biblical figure of the messiah (Th.L. Thompson and H.Tronier, Frelsens Biografisering, Museum Tusculanum: Copenhagne, 2004, 115-134) and an internal coherence to my new book, The Messiah Myth: The Near Eastern Roots of Jesus and David (Basic Books: New York, 2005), which provides the theme of a seminar this coming semester. The Messiah Myth takes up issues often ignored or lost sight of when biblical narrative is overshadowed by modern questions about the historical origins of Judaism and Christianity. It addresses what origin stories tell us through their stories of beginnings and who the figures of David and Jesus are if they are not to express the founding of Israel’s kingship and Christianity’s origins?

Know Thyself

Know what you have learned

Well, if I accused IH of lying and it was a misunderstanding, I guess I owe him an apology.

^  Well, qadeshet, I don't consider Ironhorse as family.  No offense, but I find that ridiculous. 

I also don't think he ever saw himself as a martyr, but instead as a superior with inside knowledge of Biblegod that we hell bound sinners never quite had a grasp on.

If you'll poke around a little here in the Den, you'll find that I've been quite critical of IH, but I've also encouraged him to talk to us and even 'defended' him a couple of times. 

Maybe when Ironhorse gets back here we can get back to whatever the topic was, and we can get back to the Bible?

I mean, isn't that the point?  No true Bible= no true Christianity, right?

Ironhorse is a Baptist, and as such he doesn't have squat to go on except the Bible.  I posted that the Bible indicates the age of the heavens and the earth at about six thousand years. Maybe he will show, from the Bible, that I'm wrong? 

Then there's the Adam and Eve /Knowledge of Good and Evil thing, the day of miracles being over, and on and on. For my part I'd rather stick to the Bible on these subjects more and more. Otherwise there's a sea of scholarly opinions, philosophies, song lyrics from rock stars, and anything...ANYTHING to keep from facing the fact that the Bible just isn't the word of any deity.