Goodbye Jesus

Trust Yourself

ironhorse

BAA,

I replied to your question on post 243.

From there to post 250 we discussed further.

I thought you understood that was my final answer. 

I realize you do not accept my answer. 

At present I don't know of anything else I can say.

BAA,

I'm offering you a lifeline to escape from the contradiction you're caught in, Ironhorse.

Quite how you can simultaneously claim to be seeking the truth...

...yet also want to stay caught within your self-made contradiction is beyond me.  Wendyshrug.gif

Anyway, I'll desist from repeating my offer in any thread - for now.

Thanks,

BAA.

it-just-says-helf-686x1024.jpg

BAA,

I'm offering you a lifeline to escape from the contradiction you're caught in, Ironhorse.

Quite how you can simultaneously claim to be seeking the truth...

...yet also want to stay caught within your self-made contradiction is beyond me.  Wendyshrug.gif

Anyway, I'll desist from repeating my offer in any thread - for now.

Thanks,

BAA.

it-just-says-helf-686x1024.jpg

Thanks for giving me a little break from it for now.

I like the cartoon.

I will try to be a little more precise and clearer with my words. 

I will try to be a little more precise and clearer with my words. 

You will... try ...to be a... little ...more precise and clearer with your words?

I see, Ironhorse.

You won't actually be precise and clearer with your words, from now now on.

Nor will you try your darndest to be as precise and clear as you can possibly be.

You'll try a... little more.

Thank you.

Your reply tells me all I need to know about how fired up, determined and committed you are to improving yourself, Ironhorse.

Know thyself!

You will... try ...to be a... little ...more precise and clearer with your words?
I see, Ironhorse.

Nor will you try your darndest to be as precise and clear as you can possibly be.

Thank you.

Your reply tells me all I need to know about how fired up, determined and committed you are to improving yourself, Ironhorse.
~ BAA

Know thyself!
~ qadeshet

I do know myself, which is the reason I used the word TRY. Even when I am doing my best, I know, I could make a mistake. I am not perfect.

• Super Moderator

You will... try ...to be a... little ...more precise and clearer with your words?

I see, Ironhorse.

Thank you.

~ BAA

Know thyself!

~ qadeshet

I do know myself, which is the reason I used the word TRY. Even when I am doing my best, I know, I could make a mistake. I am not perfect.

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."  Matthew 5:48

I see, Ironhorse.

Thank you.

~ BAA

Know thyself!

~ qadeshet

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."  Matthew 5:48

Of course he set the goal at perfection, what was he suppose to say to us? Be ye 24 percent perfect or 78 percent?

A believer is free now of sins in the eyes of God because of Christ but believers are not free of sins (missing the mark , making mistakes).The scriptures are awash with imperfect people. The scriptures teach that he who says he is without sin is a liar. 

A believers' salvation is secure and now on the journey to learn more along the way and continue to grow in the faith.

It's not always easy. Roads often have bumps and potholes but even that does not steal the believer's joy. 

• Super Moderator

I'm without sin, Ironhorse.  You calling me a liar?

Actually, we're all without sin; because sin doesn't exist, except in the minds of those who believe.  The wages of sin, however (or, more to the point, of being convinced that we are horrible sinners in need of salvation) is a lifetime of poor self-esteem, guilt, inferiority complexes, shame, and a host of other negative emotions that I'd rather do without.  So, even without existing, "sin" does irreparable damage to people.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm without sin, Ironhorse.  You calling me a liar?

Actually, we're all without sin; because sin doesn't exist, except in the minds of those who believe.  The wages of sin, however (or, more to the point, of being convinced that we are horrible sinners in need of salvation) is a lifetime of poor self-esteem, guilt, inferiority complexes, shame, and a host of other negative emotions that I'd rather do without.  So, even without existing, "sin" does irreparable damage to people.

Definition of sin

a :   an offense against religious or moral law

b :   an action that is or is felt to be highly reprehensible

c :   an often serious shortcoming : fault

a :   transgression of the law of God

b :   a vitiated state of human nature in which the self is estranged from God

~ Merrain-Webster

At points in my life I have sinned according to all those definitions.

I’m far from being perfect.

I not only have sinned in my life, I see the results of the sin of others all over this broken down world.

I don’t have any guilt, inferiority complexes, shame or negative emotions concerning my sins or shortcomings.

As a believer, Christ has set me free from all of that junk.

• Super Moderator

As an unbeliever, I've set myself free from all that junk... with the added benefit that nobody had to die for me.