Goodbye Jesus

Can The Mods Clarify This Please?

bornagainathiest

Lion's Den Rules Attention "True Christians™" and former Christians. 

This is the section of the board where Christian opinions, arguments, sermons and so on will be more-or-less tolerated. Aggressive evangelism is permitted in this section, but aggressive evangelists should be ready to be met by equally aggressive resistance. 

An occasionally heated response is allowed and sometimes even encouraged. However, all posters to the Lion's Den are still expected to adhere the general rules of decorum as delineated in the Forum Guidelines. In other words, conversations in the Lion's Den are intended to be permissively unrestrained without devolving into repetitious verbal abuse. Those who are identified as repeatedly abusive -- in this section or any section of this website -- may be suspended or banned from posting without notice. 

Note: In view of the fiery nature of the discussions which occur in the Lion's Den, only those with a fairly thick skin should participate. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello.

Could I please ask the Moderators to clarify an aspect of the meaning and the intention of the Lion's Den rules?

The issue is this.  

Are the opinions, arguments, sermons and aggressive evangelism that Christians are permitted to post in the Den required to be in the form of conversations and dialog with other members?

Or are dialog, conversation and the answering of questions from other members things that the Christians are expected but not required to do?

I ask because if it's an expectation and not a requirement, then how can the word 'conversations' be meaningfully used in the Lion's Den Rules to mean what is not required to happen?

If it's just an expectation, then a Christian can knowingly post material relating to their religious beliefs, confident that they are not required to engage in dialog about their beliefs.

Which would amount to them passively representing their faith sans dialog, rather than actively defending it via dialog.

I look forward to a clarification of this issue.

Thanks,

BAA.

• Super Moderator

Posters who consistently refuse to engage in dialog either wither away from disinterest in their posts or their original posts may eventually become viewed as simply posted "sermons" and locked or deleted. As this is a forum and not simply a billboard for messages and pronouncements, some sort of response must be forthcoming from the one who starts a thread. Comments within an existing thread may go unanswered from time to time. When such a question goes unanswered for a long period of time, the questioner should give up and move on. Most will not see the forums as a form of debate but rather an informal exchange. Sometimes that exchange is lopsided. The Den is especially informal.

At least this is my take on it.

Would the sniper rule apply here?

Sniper, Post-n-run

Definition
A sniper or post-n-run starts one or more topics with questionable or inflamatory material, and then leaves to never return.

What to do
Not much to do.

New Rules limiting who who can start topics on the site should stop this behavior.

Posters who consistently refuse to engage in dialog either wither away from disinterest in their posts or their original posts may eventually become viewed as simply posted "sermons" and locked or deleted. As this is a forum and not simply a billboard for messages and pronouncements, some sort of response must be forthcoming from the one who starts a thread. Comments within an existing thread may go unanswered from time to time. When such a question goes unanswered for a long period of time, the questioner should give up and move on. Most will not see the forums as a form of debate but rather an informal exchange. Sometimes that exchange is lopsided. The Den is especially informal.

At least this is my take on it.

Thank you, Florduh.

I have a question regarding the meaning of the word 'conversation' in the Den rules.

At what point does "some sort of response" become a 'conversation'? 

Thanks,

BAA.

Note: In view of the fiery nature of the discussions which occur in the Lion's Den, only those with a fairly thick skin should participate. 

Do believe that wearing an asbestos diaper is quality needed prior to engaging piss 'n pour posters.

Said right up front that in this section that crap may devolve into less than kind and friendly back and forth.

Shut the assholes down with brilliance or let them baffle "you" with bullshit.

kFL

BAA:  Passive-aggressive cowards are indeed frustrating.

Do believe that wearing an asbestos diaper is quality needed prior to engaging piss 'n pour posters.

This isn't about my skin.  

This is about doing right by the lurkers and by the members by exposing Christian chicanery.

You and I might disagree about how that's best done, but one thing is certain.

You are wrong to insinuate that my ego is behind my efforts to serve others to the best of my ability.

My posting history of dedicated service to others speaks for itself.

Said right up front that in this section that crap may devolve into less than kind and friendly back and forth.

That doesn't apply here.  

There is no back and forth going on.

The lack of back and forth is the issue.

Shut the assholes down with brilliance or let them baffle "you" with bullshit.

kFL

In order to serve others I must accept your ruling, kFL.

Not because you are right about what motivates me and not because I agree with you.

I accept solely because I have to do so to carry on doing what I do best in this forum - serving others.

You'll get no further input from me in this thread.

BAA.

• Super Moderator
At what point does "some sort of response" become a 'conversation'?

When someone addresses that response.

Some people respond in eloquent sentences, others just grunt. Respond to the grunters or don't. Of course eloquent bullshit can be just as frustrating!

• Super Moderator

My opinion is that the Lion's Den and Totally Off Topic are 2 areas where almost anything goes.  If someone doesn't like what's being said (or not said), it's easy enough to ignore.  If a thread gets ignored for 30 days, it automatically locks. 

• Super Moderator

BAA,

Ironhorse asked me to give this to you, since he's not really one for conversation.  Enjoy.

TRP

GrUNTT. FARRRrrrrrt11111!!!!!One111!!

kFartin'L

Seeing that additional Rules and Complications are SPECIFICALLY NOT what Webmaster Dave has wanted to add to fairly simple Guidelines why would we add too them?

FuckO'Friday and Popes tits if a person comes to the LD with his "winning hand of religious bullshit" what problem would anyone have shutting him down?

kL

Or are dialog, conversation and the answering of questions from other members things that the Christians are expected but not required to do?

I have heard that there is no stupid questions before but then again I never heard this one before.  

What's the matter Yosemite, you want the mods to grant you the some special right to make someone respond to your frivolous questions and abusive comments?  So why would not all members be required, what does your divinity grant you special rights that us humans are not worthy of; besides I hate to tell you brother but your responses are generally just a bunch of babble to evade responding to inquiries addressed to you.

You must be called of God seeing as how you have .... , dam this Lion's Den is fun.  

(Is there a reason they call you BAA?, I placed it behind the spoiler so as not to make it public in the even it is)

SheepFucker.gif 

I bet BAA is just peculating by now so here is song for you..

I'm all for free speech, the less rules the better. I'm a big boy & I can take care of myself when it comes to debating some brain dead Xian fundy

• Like 2

>>>Redneck

What can I say, they might have fooled you once but you have done make a 360 in your way of thinking and you ain't going to get fooled again.  Good for you, Good for you.

>>>Redneck

What can I say, they might have fooled you once but you have done make a 360 in your way of thinking and you ain't going to get fooled again.  Good for you, Good for you.

Justus, did you mean to say done make a 180?

Just picking on you for fun, but really, please do keep up with your asshattery.  I'm an amateur asshat from time to time myself, but I do enjoy watching a professional like you work.

• Like 3

Justus...

Do keep a civil keyboard typing here at Ex-Christian dot net. 

You sir are a less than no one I should give a flaming fuck through a burning tire darting through a Jimmy (sr) Swaggart Gab 'n Give session.

Flap yer fuckface at our Community members as found above? You will be shovelled out front door. Quickly.

kevin, never_been_particular_nor_nice,fuckin'L

Justus, did you mean to say done make a 180?

Nope.  It is the basic precept of true asshattery that allows one with the head up their ass to clearly see that their head is up their ass and not buried in the sand.

Just picking on you for fun, but really, please do keep up with your asshattery.  I'm an amateur asshat from time to time myself, but I do enjoy watching a professional like you work.

That is the reason it is written that the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, 

warning-kt.png

there is nothing the LORD fears more than a man (male or female) who thinks he is wise.

Justus acting like a dickhead and making no sense at all? Someone call Fox!

Is a joke see? The lord's fear is wisdom beginning... Get it?

Ba-dum-psh

• Super Moderator

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself; and the fear of the lord especially.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself; and the fear of the lord especially.

Prof, I think the actual quote is "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself, and the fear of the lord especially, but the beginning of wisdom puts fear in the lord".  At least, that's what Justus alluded to*, and he knows some shit, man.

* From his post #18:  "there is nothing the LORD fears more than a man (male or female) who thinks he is wise."

I'm sure Justus will set me right if I've failed to understand what he said, or why he said it. I also hope he explains why he thinks anyone gives a damn what he says at all.

• Like 2