Goodbye Jesus

My Illness And A Simple Thank You

Castiel233

I suffer from ocd, some days are worse than others.

I just wanted to say a simple thank you to those kind souls who have sometimes sent me a supportive private message on here. Small acts of kindness do make a difference, even online.

I salute your humanity and decency

• Like 3

Goodbye Jesus
  • Super Moderator

CDO. Now they're in order.

Too soon?

Wendyshrug.gif

As a fellow OCD:er, I've found that avoiding high levels of stress is extremely important. OCD and panic attacks are caused by fuck ups in the system regulating stress and fear, and people with OCD usually have higher levels of adrenaline and cortisol by default. At times my mind/body is so sensitive a cup of coffee is enough to get my anxiety to go through the roof, so I've chosen to cut down on coffee as well. 

• Like 1

CDO. Now they're in order.

Too soon?

:shrug:

Yes, very much too soon

Hope you're doing better now, I have OCD too and I know how it can be. The violent intrusive thoughts get at me a lot, as does constant ideas about arguing with people. Sometimes you can feel like a prisoner in your own mind.

Sometimes you can feel like a prisoner in your own mind.

Isn't that the truth

I suffer from ocd, some days are worse than others.

I just wanted to say a simple thank you to those kind souls who have sometimes sent me a supportive private message on here. Small acts of kindness do make a difference, even online.

I salute your humanity and decency

Castie, I just wanted to thank you for all the wonderful topics you bring forth on this board. From my experience, most ocd people are the kindest people in the world. I salute your humanity and decency!

Big ((hug)) for you today.....

I'm glad this place has helped you in your hard times.

It has for me too.

My problem is my brain never shuts off now. So I'm constantly thinking about things, especially where my de-conversion is going. It's nice to be able to read where other people are at and how they've gone through the struggle. It's nice to let myself just read other stories so that my brain can rest.