Goodbye Jesus

Church Tracks Down Former Member, Threatens “Action” If She Doesn’T Divorce Her Wife

Fweethawt

Well, holy fucking mother of god, ya gotta go after the gays, of course! But ignore sex abuse scandals, child abuse, and indocrination! It's the GAYS we need to worry about!

I find it so sad that the church never even contacted her to see where she was, and only did so when they found out she was queer. That's horrendous.

The lady's should hope the Church continues to go after them. A lawyer has probably already contacted them and a law suit is being drawn up now. A similar situation occurred in the Church of Christ back in the 80's. In that case a woman was living with her boy friend. The lady received a lot of money & the Church of Christ stopped harassing erring members.

• Like 1

Keep being assholes in public, dear christians. The more you are, the more will leave (and many will never join in the first place). You're only cementing your own eventual demise. 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Sheesh..it's not like she just left the church last month.  She's been out of there for 15 years.     smh     I hope she sues them and totally drains their coffers.  (I know that'll never happen because I'm sure they've got their tithing members all worked up in a huff over this.)

In a message posted on Outsports, Kelly writes that while she attended the church with her family as a child, she parted ways with the congregation as she came to terms with her identity, seeing the disconnect between the two forces.

“Not once did I receive a letter saying I’ve been missed or to get back involved in church over the past 15 years,” she writes.

But once the church discovered Kelly’s marriage, they decided the Christian thing to do is meddle.

Sheesh..it's not like she just left the church last month.  She's been out of there for 15 years.     smh     I hope she sues them and totally drains their coffers.  (I know that'll never happen because I'm sure they've got their tithing members all worked up in a huff over this.)

In a message posted on Outsports, Kelly writes that while she attended the church with her family as a child, she parted ways with the congregation as she came to terms with her identity, seeing the disconnect between the two forces.

“Not once did I receive a letter saying I’ve been missed or to get back involved in church over the past 15 years,” she writes.

But once the church discovered Kelly’s marriage, they decided the Christian thing to do is meddle.

As much as I would love to see that happen (suing) I doubt it would stick. They sent a single letter. If they sent more letters, were told to stop, had a restraining order and THEN violated it - yeah probably. 

If it were me, I would send a picture of a giant dildo, saying "I'm still a member? Shit, I'm sorry. I quit. And go ahead and hold your stupid meeting, you can shove this up your ass while you're at it."